The Inevitable trade of Yannick Weber

Analyzer*

He has more upside than those guys and usually value goes up closer to the deadline.

Not really. Keaton Ellerby is the same age, big, physical and has the upside to be a good shutdown dman.

He only got a 5th and he was actually playing for the Panthers. Weber is not. A 5th round pick for Weber would probably end Bergevin in jail for high way robbery at this point. He has a big shot and could turn it around, but right now he's terrible AND not playing.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Not really. Keaton Ellerby is the same age, big, physical and has the upside to be a good shutdown dman.

He only got a 5th and he was actually playing for the Panthers. Weber is not. A 5th round pick for Weber would probably end Bergevin in jail for high way robbery at this point. He has a big shot and could turn it around, but right now he's terrible AND not playing.

Ellerby struggled defensively, pretty hard to be a shutdown d-man when you can't stop anybody. Weber is at least good at generating offense and on the PP. He is much better defensively than Ellerby is on offense.

How can you say he IS terrible when he's played one game??

Analyzer*

Ellerby struggled defensively, pretty hard to be a shutdown d-man when you can't stop anybody. Weber is at least good at generating offense and on the PP. He is much better defensively than Ellerby is on offense.

How can you say he IS terrible when he's played one game??

From last year. He wasn't very good at all. Weber is looking more and more like a right handed MAB.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't see any point in trading him... He'll be a solid #7 for next year.

Analyzer*

He can legitemately play a regular shift in the NHL unlike MAB.

I wouldn't trust Weber out there anymore than I would MAB

I don't see any point in trading him... He'll be a solid #7 for next year.

I doubt he wants to sit around next season, too. He'll be dealt. What we get will be a mystery.

If we get a 3rd I'll be extremely stoked, but I don't see it.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Maybe the silver lining in Diaz's injury is that Kaberle will get enough ice time to strut his stuff and we can trade him for a second. Maybe.

That would move Weber up the depth chart. Most of you guys rave about Detroit and how they don't rush their prospects. here we are doing the same thing and you want to unload Weber. I think the problem with Weber is just a lack of confidence right now. Otherwise he would be a decent 5-6th d-man.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I would hope for a pick. Or a type of player with similar feature which is, to this day, still a nice prospect that haven't been stellar in all the chances he got and/or didn't have the time to shine. Again people, we haven't had the chance to make him grow in his role. 110 games, that's a lot of games to make your mind. But how was it played? Up front? Back on D? Skip 1 game or 2, back in it....up front, on D....

I have no doubt that he's still a rather ordinairy D. But some teams might still want to get him going. Wouldn't be the first time that a Habs player get another start somewhere. Or from any other team anyway. A second start is often really welcome.

So why not trying to have our own "2nd start prospect". À la Jordan Caron? T.J. Galiardi? Or why not trying to get our tough guy? You have to believe that Jared Boll is indeed worth more than that so you package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->