The importance of Pat Maroon

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
These types if players have a role. Although minimal and overrated they play a role.

Maroon plays it well but to Tampa is winning with and without him.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Guy has full command of his voice. That chirp on Anderson last game made Anderson score 2 goals

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So the team that's winning the series doesn't need to score goals to close out the series?? In a cup clinching game?? bro??

I think he's saying Pat Maroon will never be the sole reason any team wins a Cup. Tampa likely takes this series even if Maroon hadn't played a minute of it.

He's been incredibly lucky to latch on to some great teams, though. I'm sure he's enjoying the ride. :laugh:

Reactions: AssaultPK

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
He's like 15th percentile in terms of league-wide talent, maybe less. Was funny watching him score last night, though.

Reactions: ultra63

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Pat Maroon is basically the perfect 4th liner. Big, physical, okay skater, cna chip in, and can even move up in the lineup to fill in once in awhile when needed. They guy is an important depth piece. I would love to have him in Edmonton still, but he wanted too much to stay.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
When you listen to him speak, you realize how lucky he is that he learned to skate when he was younger or he'd be an actual bus driver.

Man, I couldn't be a bus driver. Got respect for those folks...They must deal with a lot of garbage every day, from some of the sketchers that ride the bus and the other drivers on the road.

Reactions: robertocarlos

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
He’s pretty much the average 4th line clown who has developed a cult, Spittin Chiclets type of following, more for his drinking, shit talking and social media posting after the Cup last year than for his actual effectiveness on the ice. His cult, “#BIGRIG!1!!” following is the same people who say “what a legend” and “such a beauty, bro”.

f***in love Big Rig.

What a beauty.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
WTG Maroon. The local news had a story of his whole family going to Tampa - that is nothing for Canadian players I know but kind of cool for St. Louis.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He’s irrelevant and easily replaceable
I agree that he's replaceable, but let's not understate the importance of your 4th liners being good players.

Every team in the final four -Tampa, Montreal, Vegas, Islanders- had one thing in common: no bad players.

A lot of teams have absolute dog ass on their 4th lines and it hurts.

Hell, a lot of coaches (hi, Alain!) actively think you need to be bad to be a 4th liner.

So, is he replaceable in the sense you could plug another NHL-quality player in that spot? Yes. But most teams have beer league players in that spot.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad