Prediction Contest: The Hunt for Red October: Leafs Schedule In October

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I find it strange that no one has started up a GDT sign up (i'm not because I'm way too busy) but I am going to start up the Schedule prediction, and what we need to do. I'm going to guesstimate to make the Playoffs - We need at least 95 points (I'm pretty sure that was the bottom last year).

What Happened Last Year
We went off to the fastest start since 1993, and the only losses in October happened vs. teams with the Letter C (Colorado, Carolina, Columbus and Chicago)...and Im missing a team David Clarkson came back vs. the Columbus game after serving his 10 game suspension, and had our Canadian Tour at the end of the year. We ended the month 10-4.

What needs to happen this month
obviously set the tone early. I think the key is dictating play and playing physical - not being physical - but play tough on the corners, being aggressive on the points and on the powerplay. I personally think a strength of our team is that we are very rush, and as I call it - the Serpentine Attack, we have the ability to catch anyone sleeping for a moment.

We play eleven games and all but one are division/conference games. We can't afford to go sleeper here this month. the past two years we've generally have had strong Octobers, and so we're going to count on this.

Critical Games
Last year we had one of the few winning records vs. the West -this needs to continue. We have to get at least 1 point vs. Colorado. Last year we were swept by Columbus. I'm certain by the time we play them Johanssen, and Muarry will be playing (but Jenner i think still has his broken hand or whatever). We HAVE to at show up (if I recall, all these games were Columbus blowouts).

And we need to put the hammer to Buffalo. I mean seriously.
(in theory the Islanders too - but those games are always so weird).

Daisy Prediction: 7-2-2 (most optimistic) but more than likely be around 6-3-2 or 6-4 (depending on the overtime/shootout). for: 16 points in October. (most optimistic - but hovering around 10-12 points).

October Schedule

Wed October 8th, 7:00 PM (Sportsnet)
Montreal @ Toronto - Win

Saturday, October 11th, 7:00 PM (HNIC)
Penguins @ Toronto - Win (shootout)

Sunday, October 12th, 7:00 PM (City TV)
Toronto @ Rangers (lose)

Tuesday, October 14th, 7:30 pm (TSN4)
Colorado @ Toronto (lose, overtime)

Friday, October 17th , 7:30pm (Sportsnet Ontario)
Detroit @ Toronto (Win)

Saturday, October 18th, 7:00pm (HNIC)
Toronto @ Detroit (win, overtime/shootout)

Tuesday, October 21st 7:00 pm (TSN4)
Toronto @ Islanders (lose)

Wednesday October 22nd 7:00 pm (Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet 1)
Toronto @ Ottawa (win)

Saturday, October 25th 7:00pm (HNIC)
Boston @ Toronto (lose, overtime)

Tuesday, October 28th 7:30pm (TSN4)
Buffalo @ Toronto (must win)

Friday, October 31st 7:00 pm (Sportsnet Ontario)
Toronto @ Columbus (must win)

what about you guys?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
The schedule is bad as a whole. It's worrisome tbh.

If the 18-wheeler shows up yet again, I'd prefer it to happen from the gate instead of getting blind-sided well after the trade deadline.

Can anyone honestly see themselves feeling comfortable with this team at any point during the regular season this year unless they've clinched a playoff spot?

I guess what I'm saying is that nothing (good or bad) will surprise me and I seriously can't make any kind of prediction. I know the team is capable of beating the best teams out there, there's a lot of talent on this team IMO.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
The schedule is bad as a whole. It's worrisome tbh.

If the 18-wheeler shows up yet again, I'd prefer it to happen from the gate instead of getting blind-sided well after the trade deadline.

Can anyone honestly see themselves feeling comfortable with this team at any point during the regular season this year unless they've clinched a playoff spot?

I guess what I'm saying is that nothing (good or bad) will surprise me and I seriously can't make any kind of prediction. I know the team is capable of beating the best teams out there, there's a lot of talent on this team IMO.

Leafs don't get the benefit of the doubt. They aren't in until they are in.

Teams like Detroit get the benefit of the doubt.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
October Feast

Montreal v Toronto - (W)

Penguins v Toronto - (W)

Toronto v Rangers (OT L)

Colorado v Toronto (S/O W)

Detroit v Toronto (OT W)

Toronto v Detroit (L)

Toronto v Islanders (OT L)

Toronto v Ottawa (OT W)

Boston @ Toronto (L)

Buffalo @ Toronto (W)

Toronto @ Columbus (OT L)

6-2-3

15 of 22

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Hmm Daisy, your predictions (except for the Bruins game) seem completely backwards. How about in November you predict more losses. :laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
:laugh:

right?

Our actual record is -

3 - 4 - 1

Lol November features Chicago,Pittsburgh twice, the Wings,TB,Washington,Boston,Nashville.
Then it gets worse because we still haven't played the California teams.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Lol November features Chicago,Pittsburgh twice, the Wings,TB,Washington,Boston,Nashville.

:help: Well we should definitely forget about planning the parade.

On another note we have done better in the road games so perhaps the plan should be to play all games on the road until this mess is straightened out.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

it's where the Leafs will make up for the losses of October either that or close in on Jack Eichel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad