The Hockey News to offer full archives online soon?

chrisis908

Nov 7, 2023
Is there a way to download to desktop or print off the issues? It's asking for a password?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I didn't get a notice, going to check my spam folder.
Try e-mailing their customer service. I did and they e-mailed back letting me know what my account number was.

I just looked that Seals article you mentioned. Ivan Boldirev seemed to be a big believer in mind dynamics, but it didn't change the teams bad luck.

Last edited:

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Try e-mailing their customer service. I did and they e-mailed back letting me know what my account number was

Same here. I got mine earlier this week.

I'm not a big fan of how they display the pages (their page viewer sucks) & really wish I could download the issues, but it's nice that they are finally available at all.

TheHockeyNewsArchive

Nov 16, 2023
Los Angeles
I might crack for an annual digital subscription. I buy the Future Watch and Draft Preview a la carte every year, so it might be worth it to get the archived stuff too. It'll be fun to dig through some of the early 90's stuff from just before my fandom really took off.
My name is Matt Labov and I will be hosting a new weekly podcast with longtime THN writer, Adam Proteau, which will debut next week "everywhere you get your podcasts." Our first guest is Brian Engblom and we also have lined up Scott Hartnell, Guy Hebert and Jerry Hauser aka Dave "Killer" Carlson among our first shows. Hope you can check it out!

It's simply titled...The Hockey News Archive Show and we're on Instagram @TheHockeyNewsArchiveShow.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is anybody still having problems or is it working now?

I loaded up the archive just now and it seems to be working fine. I had some unrelated issues after I had initially started a subscription. After a week of silence after getting the confirmation email, I had to ping their customer service to give me the account number / activate my account.

Been mostly going through old draft / future watch issues. Maybe during the summer I'll have more time to look up old trades and read what the reactions were at the time.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I just say thank you to Mr Graeme Roustan for getting this done and out for such a penny. Unsual in this time of world.
I bought my first Hockey News in 1970 and subscription instantly. At a time long before internet Hockey News was the best.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Is there a way to download to desktop or print off the issues? It's asking for a password?
No, not sure why they would make them downloadable,
Password because you need to be a HN subscriber.
I don’t think I can download them, and are a long time subscriber.
Just purged about a 800 issues last month, and just kept the ones I wanted.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad