The Hockey News Draft Preview

skg

Jul 29, 2005
It's already out in the east coast. I bought a copy in Montreal on Thursday waiting for my flight. Still haven't seen it in Vancouver yet, but it should be out this week. Around where Vancouver picks, they have
13. Shepherd
14. Stewart
15. Sanguinetti.

A few players that piqued my interest, both skilled, quick centers who should be available when Van picks.

19. Patrik Berglund
22. Cory Emmerton

I wouldn't be disappointed if Vancouver picks up either of these two players.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
skg said:
It's already out in the east coast. I bought a copy in Montreal on Thursday waiting for my flight. Still haven't seen it in Vancouver yet, but it should be out this week. Around where Vancouver picks, they have
13. Shepherd
14. Stewart
15. Sanguinetti.

A few players that piqued my interest, both skilled, quick centers who should be available when Van picks.

19. Patrik Berglund
22. Cory Emmerton

I wouldn't be disappointed if Vancouver picks up either of these two players.
They definitely need scoring......A high scoring center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
mine came yesterday. stewarts picture looks like he got hit by a train. not thrilled with some of their listings, but they do a really nice job with the coverage.

cooker24

May 7, 2002
Visit site
I went to Chapters in Vancouver today and it wasn't there. I thought it was coming out today?

Which Chapters, Catgoldfish?

I went to the Robson Chapters and tried the 7/11. Anyone see it anywhere in downtown Vancouver?

It's my second favourite hockey magazine of the year next to the pool guides and prediction issues.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
A tiny playmaking center like Emmerton would be a perfect fit in Vancouver. Vertually replace Morrison althought I don't think Emmerton would be capable of steping in without a few years of seasoning in Winnipeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I just got my copy of the THN Draft Issue--but I need some time to review analyze and critique it...for now--at a cursory glance,there is one factor that may have skewed their rankings to unreality...that is the new 2 year window to sign euros combined with the STILL no transfer agreement with the Russian Ice Hockey Federation SHOULD mean that less euros and Russkies will go as high as they rank them --plus it was the opinion of many including Kyle Woodlief of Redline that this was a very poor draft for euros ....given say the huge displacement that THN ranked for Codey Burki (#42) vs. his much higher ranking on the NA skater list of Central Scouting (#18 NA skater) this is an indication that they may have included too many euros who in reality will not go as high as they think--maybe they also over-ranked some goalie placements (but I'll need to analyze that)...

If the MVP of the Top Prospects Game in a weak euro draft is only #42 --there is something grossly wrong...also in that game,Burki made all the higher-ranked hotshot centres Staal,Mueller,Brassard---all look like gross amateurs who were incompetant in playing the position of centre --so if he is some 35-40 positions behind them there is something grossly out of whack with the THN rankings...

I would grab him at #33 for the Hawks if he "slips" out of round one and is still on the board...but after seeing the Central Scouting rank for him I doubt he'll get out of round one...

no Gino

May 16, 2005
hawksfan

I bought the Hockey News draft guide, mostly for my own personal interest, but also to pass on to Burki's grandfather to hang on to as a souvenir and was quite surprised at how low they had him ranked. It was, by far, the worst scouting report I had seen on him. It also mentions that he is ranked 56 by ISS. Iwas wondering if that was an early ISS ranking or something recent (maybe some of the regulars know more about this)as he has climbed on other lists all season.

As for the Hawks getting him, not out of the question, but I don't think he will slide by Dallas or St Louis.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
I got mine last week at Shoppers Drug Mart in Brandon.
They moved Ryan White up to 18th, I still say he's a more solid pick than Burki.
The draft article is well presented overall imo, well worth buying

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Joy!

I just bought mine at Mac's Milk, corner of Bayview and Eglinton in North Toronto. It was located directly under the shelf of filthy magazines, all of which are sealed in plastic....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->