The Hockey News' Draft Preview..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
...the one with Crosby on the cover. I lost it (I've been looking for weeks and I can't find it

Anyone know of THN has their top 60 on their site somewhere? I can't find it.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
go kim johnsson said:
so its even better?

Which issue is this?
Well, I never saw the one with Crosby on the cover, but the new one is awful. Very weak. Just four pages with a sentence or two on their top 100. Pretty disappointing.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Dan Galvin said:
I guess it's better than nothing. This whole year has been screwed up. I think I 'll give the Hockey News a free pass on this one. Next year should be back to normal.

I won't give them a pass, Junior hockey was still on. They had pratically nothing to do. If anything this should have been the best and most comprehensive issue they've ever done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seachd said:
Well, I never saw the one with Crosby on the cover, but the new one is awful. Very weak. Just four pages with a sentence or two on their top 100. Pretty disappointing.

The one with Crosby on the cover had full profiles of the top 60 prospects. This is what I am looking for

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I compared the draft preview (the one with Crosby on the cover) with last year's. awful. There was twice more description on EACH player last year. The issue was 64 pages long while this year was something like 36.

This was the perfect occasion to give us something after this long lock-out and they screwed up badly. Like they did all year long by not talking enough about the AHL or the future prospects and keep talking about useless things.

bearcat11

Mar 14, 2005
Nova Scotia
I bought it today. It's the same as the previous prospects issue except it goes to 100 instead of 50. Very little info again. But many if not all of the top 50 in the new issue have the exact same information printed about them. I just scanned quickly but I'm pretty sure the top 50 rankings of the 100 are all the same and contain the ame info. I'm disappointed.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
bearcat11 said:
I bought it today. It's the same as the previous prospects issue except it goes to 100 instead of 50. Very little info again. But many if not all of the top 50 in the new issue have the exact same information printed about them. I just scanned quickly but I'm pretty sure the top 50 rankings of the 100 are all the same and contain the ame info. I'm disappointed.

The rankings are not the same from the top 60 rankings in May to the top 100 rankings in July.The bios are the same but some players have changed positions

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
go kim johnsson said:
...the one with Crosby on the cover. I lost it (I've been looking for weeks and I can't find it

Anyone know of THN has their top 60 on their site somewhere? I can't find it.

THN stopped updating their site in January :shakehead

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
bearcat11 said:

Does it have the "expected career potential" part of the prospect bios? I really liked seeing if they think a guy is going to be a third line winger, number one defenseman, etc.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Beauty said:
Does it have the "expected career potential" part of the prospect bios? I really liked seeing if they think a guy is going to be a third line winger, number one defenseman, etc.

Unfortunately,no :shakehead Just two sentences on each player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad