The Hockey Boss (New Jersey Store)

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
I did call them to verify that the curve on the RESPONSE PLUS Tkachuk pattern is the same as the RESPONSE that I have. The guy told me it's similar to a Zetterberg curve, so I've emailed them pix of my stick in hopes that it's a match then I'll get it shipped here ---- fingers crossed!

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I might have to email them about doing pick ups at their warehouse. They seem to have some good prices and if I could save on shipping...

Please keep us updated on their customer service!

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Customer Service over the phone was great, friendly person answered and kept calling me "SIR" (is that an American thing to do) even though I introduced myself.

With email replies I guess a 2-3 business day turnaround would be fine so hopefully hearing back by Mon Mar 7th or sooner would be awesome. All I need to know is if the curve on the Response Plus is the same as the Response.

*RANT ---- hate it when hockey companies change/tweek the pattern from year to year, leave it alone, is that too much to ask? I was at my LHS and noticed the R6 Tkachuk pattern is identical to the Zetterberg pattern now-WTF! RANT over ---- *

MeltingPlastic

Jul 1, 2010
Outside Philly
The Sir thing is kind of a respect thing. Kind of how I've noticed a lot of Canadians say Buddy to people who they don't know their names etc(not a jab, just an observation) and it could also be the way the person grew up especially if in a military household

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
The Sir thing is kind of a respect thing. Kind of how I've noticed a lot of Canadians say Buddy to people who they don't know their names etc(not a jab, just an observation) and it could also be the way the person grew up especially if in a military household

Hey Melting Plastic, kinda figured the "Sir" was the respect thing, better than being called something else right! I know you're not taking a jab at the "buddy" comment that some Canadians use/say. Interesting a friend of mine from NJ said she just called the phone number and no answer-hmmm

Anyway, anyone know if the RESPONSE PLUS (red) Tkachuk pattern is the same as the RESPONSE (yellow) Tkachuk ?

Thanks buddies,
GLG

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
I'm thinking this is a proshop somewhere in NJ. so they may have hours that reflect the busy times at the rink.

MeltingPlastic

Jul 1, 2010
Outside Philly
most of my friends i showed this to last night think its possibly Pure Hockey in Fairfield, NJ. Everything seems to be about the same, but no address and no matching telephone number doesn't help

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
most of my friends i showed this to last night think its possibly Pure Hockey in Fairfield, NJ. Everything seems to be about the same, but no address and no matching telephone number doesn't help

uh, that wouldn't make any sense considering pure hockey has their own website even listing the fairfield location as one of their 13 shops.

DevsFan84

Jul 31, 2007

It's owned by Aspen Ice. Not affiliated with Pure Hockey in any way.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
a friend of mine is going to check "Center Ice" in Oak, PA since she lives there... hopefully i can find my TKACHUK pattern & more importantly it matches the one I currently own ;)

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone.... I got a reply from Hockey Boss (New Jersey store) and to me this pattern looks like a Modano more than the Tkachuk I have... what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->