Pre-Game Talk: The hobbling Penguins take on the hobbling Hurricanes at 1:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Schultz deserves to never play again but im not getting my hopes up. Riiko has his shortcomings but I cant see how hed be worse.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
It's not. But I understand why it feels like that.

It's not ideal for this team to be where it is. But they only have themselves to blame. It's the effort on the ice.

I feel that losing puts us just 5 points clear of the non-playoff spots. With our recent record and stack of Metro games coming, that's not good.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What I wish they'd run:

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Marleau-McCann-Bjugstad
Tanev-Blueger-Rodrigues

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
JJ-Riikola

What they're going to run with: probably the same lines that they used yesterday

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wonder if the team set their alarms ahead and realizes it’s daylight savings... lol...they’ve just conditioned me to believe they’ll start this game asleep

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hurricanes' speed could give us fits. Hopefully Jarry, Sid and Geno are up to the task of carrying this godawful blueline across the finish line.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It's not. But I understand why it feels like that.

It's not ideal for this team to be where it is. But they only have themselves to blame. It's the effort on the ice.

Not a must win. It is a must "play the f***ing game properly".

Few weeks left in the season. Don't have time to put off bad habits.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
What I wish they'd run:

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Marleau-McCann-Bjugstad
Tanev-Blueger-Rodrigues

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
JJ-Riikola

What they're going to run with: probably the same lines that they used yesterday
Would this line muster up a single point for the remainder of the regular season? Maybe if we’re not expecting them to score and solely a “shutdown” line.

Horny is the only sign of life in our bottom 6 at the moment. I would be in favor of reuniting Sheary-Sid-Horny down the line but I don’t think Horny helps that line as much as him leaving the bottom 6 hurts them.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
What I wish they'd run:

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Marleau-McCann-Bjugstad
Tanev-Blueger-Rodrigues

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
JJ-Riikola

Replace Sheary with Tanev and I like these lines.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Carolina is playing their 4th string goalie and they have 2 of their best def out, Pens need to take advantage.

I could easily see Ruh in for Schultz today or sometime soon, Sully was just talking up Ruh the other day about him putting pressure on the top 6 def.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
giphy.gif

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Can’t sit your top PP QB.

Sarcasm? At this point, no PP QB would be preferable. I’m amazed every game how complicated our PP is. Just give it to 71 on the half wall, bomb that puck, and crash the net. He’s already hurt like 3 guys with it. It will open up lanes. But scoring isn’t enough, we have to demonstrate our skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad