The Hitch Thread

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think the honeymoon phase is over. The Russell and Klefbom injuries have really exposed their weakness on D plus I think fatigue was really setting in with their bizarre schedule over their last 10 games.

I do expect their wildcard spot to be on life support until Russell comes back and Sekera steps in or Chiarelli manages to pull off a good trade.

Right now, they are touch and go.

I agree. I mentioned the fatigue and lack of practice time a few posts back.

That said my 'honeymoon is over' post was made a few games after that torrid start which wasnt sustainable for this team IMO. It isnt a team that will play at a 73% winning percentage moving forward even with a full lineup.

However I do think a .600 winning percentage is doable with a healthy lineup. For now though (like you said) they are on life support. My hope is that they can maintain at or near a .500 winning percentage until mid Feb.

Hitch is going to have to coach his ass off. :nod:

I am nervous thinking about a trade Chia might make...the team needs help but I wish I had more confidence in the GM.

Reactions: McFuhryous

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
aWgrf3u.png

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This team needs to go 6-1 in the next 7 to give themselves a fighting chance. They always play Calgary tough, Russell is back, and with most of the games at home, there should be no excuses now if they truly have what it takes.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This team needs to go 6-1 in the next 7 to give themselves a fighting chance. They always play Calgary tough, Russell is back, and with most of the games at home, there should be no excuses now if they truly have what it takes.

I agree.
This up coming set of games is also against primarily non playoff teams. We all know the roster is flawed...its inconceivable that after 4 years this is the best Chiarelli could put together. Even though this is a cap strapped team with poor depth there is no doubt that the current roster has more to give.
This is the time to give it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I don't know if 6-1 is needed, but anything less than 4 wins and the season is done, put a fork in it. If we go something like 4-2-1, that doesn't completely screw us, and gives us a fighting chance.

I actually hope we go 0-7, as that will expedite the incoming Chia-firing. I want him gone before he can do any more harm to the deal at the trade deadline by making a desperation trade to save his job.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't know if 6-1 is needed, but anything less than 4 wins and the season is done, put a fork in it. If we go something like 4-2-1, that doesn't completely screw us, and gives us a fighting chance.

I actually hope we go 0-7, as that will expedite the incoming Chia-firing. I want him gone before he can do any more harm to the deal at the trade deadline by making a desperation trade to save his job.

For sure...but I think that this team has to take advantage of every opportunity to build up wins because it clearly isnt good enough to place consistent hockey through the latter part of the season.

Long losing streaks are still likely going to happen so making hay with an easy (relatively speaking) set of games like this has to be taken advantage of IMO.

So not getting 6 wins wouldn't be the end of the world BUT it going to make things even tougher for a team that doesnt do well when things get tough.

I guess I dont see Chia getting fired before the season ends anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad