The historical wrestling week is over - What will you be watching?

Which shows will you watch/follow each week?

• Total voters

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Simple question - what won you over? What will you follow/watch? How will you watch it (Live or On Demand?)

For me... Smackdown/Raw were great shows and ended with absolute frustration causing me to realize nothing has changed and it's not worth my 5 hours/week.

I'm going with i'll switch back and forth between NXT/AEW. I'll DVR one and watch one. And I thought my love for wrestling on Thursday morning after the beautiful Wednesday evening was through the roof. It won me over.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
nothing changed...

smackdown made me yell in the good way.
as if the week wasnt crazy enough. it was my favorite part of the whole thing....

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’ll give the brands a shot after the draft.

Everything will go on the PVR and I’ll decide what parts I want to watch and when. NXT, AEW, SD, Raw... all of it. Some weeks I won’t watch a moment of it, others I’ll check some parts out. Nothing’s changed for me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
NXT and AEW 100%

Skipping RAW on Monday.

I’ll watch the Draft SD and RAW, and see how things shake out and how it is and then decide.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
See what the draft does, but RAW and Smackdown are the same shows as before. Smackdown actually might be worse because Fox wants to push real sports guys over the wrestlers.

So most likely just Wednesday nights.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I cannot fathom a single way the draft makes me care. Lesnar/Cain is happening. If Fiend isn't champ on the other brand, it's bad.

The rest is just a mixed bag. I cannot imagine how they would adjust it for me to actually care.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'll be watching NXT and taping AEW for the future. I don't give a damn about the visual presentation of NXT which such a talent gap for AEW. That was never supposed to be the draw of AEW to begin with.

Will still watch and tape both Raw and Smackdown. Probably more so Smackdown as they understand a strictly wrestling show on the big 4(ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC) will flounder in this day and age.

Raw being three hours is just a killer for me as WCW Nitro was back in the day. Thus why it will be taped more often than not.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I never started watching NXT because there is already so much wrestling out there (though I should probably quit Raw and watching this). AEW I am excited for and will continue to watch Raw and Smackdown but I wish Raw was down to 2 hours instead of 3 hours because that is way too long.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Nxt remains the best brand in wrestling by a landslide for me.

Aew and smackdown are on par with one another with aew edging smackdown by just a bit because wwe still has to cater to KSA stuff.

Raw is...bad.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nxt remains the best brand in wrestling by a landslide for me.

Aew and smackdown are on par with one another with aew edging smackdown by just a bit because wwe still has to cater to KSA stuff.

Raw is...bad.

Yeah I actually am VERY happy how the week went. It showcased what these shows are going to be. I was originally scared there would be too much content, but the shows have separated themselves so much they actually feel like 4 DIFFERENT takes on wrestling.

Smackdown: The mainstream crossover wrestling.
Raw: Today's entertainment style standard WWE
NXT: Wrestling driven storylines/action.
AEW: Mainsteam alternative sport driven wrestling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ehhh I think Smackdown is down with RAW. It’s just in a nicer wrapper. Maybe the draft changes things, but it seemed like the same old same old just now with more “real” combat athletes.

How often is Brock even going to be on the show? Or Cain?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah give smackdown a week or two it will be shit again real soon. I'm basically only going to watch AEW when the Leafs aren't playing...mostly because I cant watch NXT live and I dont care enough about it to go out of my way and illegally stream it.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Depends on how the draft shakes out. I think I’m watching next week’s RAW and SmackDown to see who ends up where, and if RAW becomes more of a wrestling show instead of the weird relationship angles, I’ll probably catch that and AEW on replay. Nothing struck me as must-see live viewing though.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Most of AEW, as I was more a WCW guy than a WWE guy, and with Schiavone and the presentation it is more WCW-ish to me

Check in on Raw and Smackdown most weeks, might watch a little or most depending on if the show draws me in or not.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ll record everything like i always have. I typically watch the 8pm/9/10/closing segments on raw and ffwd the rest. Smackdown I’ll have to be a little more cautious with how i skip through it but i suspect I’ll get through it in half hour.

Nxt and aew i record but will watch most if not all segments.

This week though, I’ll be at Dynamite so I’m pretty hyped.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I'll watch AEW on non-hockey nights.

HIAC had me so uninterested that I turned it off during Bray/Seth. At best, the WWE product is background noise to me right now.

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
Historic week? Is this where NXT and AEW went head to head on network tv?
I wonder how negatively all this saturation will affect ratings. WWE just falls assbackwards into money like from the KoSA, thankfully for them.

Who can watch all these shows? Even if they were all amazing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Historic week? Is this where NXT and AEW went head to head on network tv?
I wonder how negatively all this saturation will affect ratings. WWE just falls assbackwards into money like from the KoSA, thankfully for them.

Who can watch all these shows? Even if they were all amazing.
Ratings were great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->