Movies: The Highwaymen

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Anyone catch this on Netflix? I loved it! I thought everything was first rate; the sets, costumes, cinematography. I thought the story was told well, and showed the havoc and praise they created. Thought Costner and Woody were excellent.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This is the first that I've heard of it, but I'm definitely interested. I'm guessing that Costner is Clyde and Harrelson is Bonnie? Seriously, it's nice to get the story from the FBI's side for a change, and Costner playing a character similar to The Untouchables could be cool to see. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
This is the first that I've heard of it, but I'm definitely interested. I'm guessing that Costner is Clyde and Harrelson is Bonnie? Seriously, it's nice to get the story from the FBI's side for a change, and Costner playing a character similar to The Untouchables could be cool to see. Thanks for the heads up.
The Texas Ranger side.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
finished it. it was pretty good but nothing spectacular and ended just like I thought it would :sarcasm:

Don't you hate it when movies are predictable? For some reason, it's especially an issue with historical dramas . I guarantee that this wouldn't have happened if Jordan Peele had written and directed it :sarcasm:.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
First written with Redford and Newman starring in it. Newman got sick before they could start

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I liked they are did not show Clyde til the final shoot out. They took some liberties with history and I think the screen play let them down but all in all I like it

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I really enjoyed it. It appeared very authentic and didn't cut any corners with acting, props, costumes, locations or cinematography. Supposedly, it cost $49M, so it had a theatrical budget and it showed. It's a sad that some people have complained that it's "slow." I didn't find it to be that at all.

While watching, it struck me that one of the movies that established Harrelson as a star was Natural Born Killers, and here is he, 25 years later, playing a character on the other side of the law in the story that served as its principle inspiration.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I really enjoyed it. It appeared very authentic and didn't cut any corners with acting, props, costumes, locations or cinematography. Supposedly, it cost $49M, so it had a theatrical budget and it showed. It's a sad that some people have complained that it's "slow." I didn't find it to be that at all.

While watching, it struck me that one of the movies that established Harrelson as a star was Natural Born Killers, and here is he, 25 years later, playing a character on the other side of the law in the story that served as its principle inspiration.

Costner also played a fugitive running through the south with the law on his tale in A Perfect World. I'm guessing that was also about 25 years ago. Very good (maybe even underrated) Clint Eastwood movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad