The HFSJ April Fools reminder & joke clearing house thread (Read 1st post before posting any gags)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's April 1st, and with it comes the usual deluge of gags, jokes, hoaxes, gotchas and everything in between, usually in the name of good fun.

But at the same time lots of people tend to get frustrated or annoyed at being suckered by a fake link or rumor or story and end up not finding it funny. Or worse yet we get a boy who cried wolf scenario and fake stories end up drowning out something legit and real.

So as is the case every year, here's the deal:

You can post links, tweets, videos or other April Fools content IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR THAT IT IS A JOKE without anyone having to watch or click or engage. If you post something in a GDT or other thread that's a joke, it MUST be obvious and explicit that it is an April Fools gag otherwise it will be deleted. DO NOT post any gags in news threads though. Those are to remain trusted and legitimate otherwise they will become pointless.

Alternatively you can post any April Fools content you find in this thread. The existence of this first post is essentially a de facto disclaimer that any content posted in this thread is assumed to be a joke, hoax, or gag unless otherwise specified (and why you'd post non-jokes in this thread is beyond me) and you engage with them at your own risk.

The only thing I would ask is no jump-scares or eardrum-blowing out audio spikes or whatnot. Those aren't fun, those are just mean.

Yeah, I realize this restriction might be a buzzkill if you were hoping to prank people, but often it doesn't go well and the fallout is worse than just reining things in from the beginning.

Thanks for understanding, everyone.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I was very frustrated doing one of my daily games this morning as it took some time to figure out what they were wanted. They decided to have the "good" words actually be backwards. (So instead of "FREE" you had to type in "EERF".)

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
i demand we ban april fool's jokes completely, as well as any jokes at any time period

there's nothing funny about sharks hockey
OMG! That's their slogan for next year!

EDIT:

I've already designed their new banner:
1711999222626.png

Last edited:

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Does it work both ways?

E.g.: If I post „The Pens beat the Rangers in New York“, do I have to make it absolutely clear that it’s not an AFJ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad