Prospect Info: The HF Blues Board Community Top -20 Prospect Lists

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm very sorry this took so long. A lot happened in my professional life, so I haven't had much time to compile the lists. Rest assured, I did just that yesterday. It's almost perfect timing too considering today is the Traverse City Tournament, so we get a first look to see if our lists hold true.

Firstly, let's remember the Top-20 Poll List that was completed:

1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%
13) Mathias Laferriere - 44.4%
14) Tyler Tucker - 32.5%
15) Austin Poganski - 29.8%
16) Keean Washkurak - 48.5%
17) Jake Walman - 36.4%
18) Joel Hofer - 41.0%
19) Hugh McGing - 43.2%
20) Nolan Stevens - 64.9%

Now, here is the compiled list from all of those that put in their personal Top-20 list:

1) Jordan Kyrou (259 Points) Even
2) Dominik Bokk (248 Points) Even
3) Ville Husso (213 Points) +1
4) Klim Kostin (207 Points) -1
5) Mitch Reinke (204 Points) Even
6) Niko Mikkola (198 Points) Even
7) Scott Perunovich (194 Points) Even
8) Nikita Alexandrov (168 Points) Even
9) Mathias Laferriere (127 Points) +4
10) Evan Fitzpatrick (118 Points) Even
11) Tyler Tucker (117 Points) +3
12) Colten Ellis (103 Points) Even
13) Alexei Toropchenko (102 Points) -4
14) Erik Foley (93 Points) -3
15) Keean Washkurak (83 Points) +1
16) Austin Poganski (76 Points) -1
17) Joel Hofer (61 Points) +1
18) Jake Walman (45 Points) -1
19) Nolan Stevens (32 Points) +1
20) Hugh McGing (31 Points) -1

Well, not much difference honestly. Any change between the two resulted in two prospects just flipping spots. I used a point based system to organize all the lists. The points range from 1 - 20 where the #1 spot is worth 20 points, #2 is worth 19 points, and so on. I'm not some math wizard, so this seemed the easiest way to organize everything. However, if anyone has a better, or just different, suggestion, I would be more than happy to try it out and see what other results we can come up with.

Again, I apologize for the delay. But one last thing I would like to say before closing this out is that I don't think the Blues pool is that bad. I don't think it has near the top end as the juggernaut pools like New York, but the depth is there to help the team supplant the bottom-6 when the time
comes. It has two forwards that I think could become mainstays for the Blues top-6 for the foreseeable future. It is full of goalies that I think will bear at least one starter from. Even the weakest aspect of the pool has three, or maybe even four, defensemen that have NHL potential (And I still think Mikkola is going to surprise a hell of a lot of people when he plays in the NHL). All-in-all, I couldn't expect much more from a Stanley Cup winning team. The pool will help keep the window open as long as the Blues core stays intact, and that's all it needs to do.

I hope you all enjoy, and let's get ready for hockey again!

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
There aren’t enough inputs here to bother with a mathematically fancier analysis. The variance for each guy’s ranking would be interesting under usual circumstances, but it’s more informative here to simply read each ranking and consider the individual user (and your impression about his/her opinion quality).

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Thanks for pulling this together.

I think Toropchenko is going to change the opinion of a lot of posters over the next 2 years. I think he has the size, speed and makeup to be a faster, poorer defensive version of Barbashev if his offense translates to the pro game. It might be hard to figure out where he slots in a lineup if he doesn't get better defensively, but I could still see him being a reliable 3rd line winger as his game matures.

Reactions: Spektre

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Even the weakest aspect of the pool has three, or maybe even four, defensemen that have NHL potential (And I still think Mikkola is going to surprise a hell of a lot of people when he plays in the NHL).
giphy.gif

Big thanks to putting together these list. Now we've to wait when @EastonBlues22 has time for add previous years polls + ballot polls together in one 'sticky' thread what we can all read/compare with warm smile in our faces.

Prospect Info: - 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List

Its crazy that last year Walman was #8 and now #18

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm very sorry this took so long. A lot happened in my professional life, so I haven't had much time to compile the lists. Rest assured, I did just that yesterday. It's almost perfect timing too considering today is the Traverse City Tournament, so we get a first look to see if our lists hold true.

Firstly, let's remember the Top-20 Poll List that was completed:

1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%
13) Mathias Laferriere - 44.4%
14) Tyler Tucker - 32.5%
15) Austin Poganski - 29.8%
16) Keean Washkurak - 48.5%
17) Jake Walman - 36.4%
18) Joel Hofer - 41.0%
19) Hugh McGing - 43.2%
20) Nolan Stevens - 64.9%

Now, here is the compiled list from all of those that put in their personal Top-20 list:

1) Jordan Kyrou (259 Points) Even
2) Dominik Bokk (248 Points) Even
3) Ville Husso (213 Points) +1
4) Klim Kostin (207 Points) -1
5) Mitch Reinke (204 Points) Even
6) Niko Mikkola (198 Points) Even
7) Scott Perunovich (194 Points) Even
8) Nikita Alexandrov (168 Points) Even
9) Mathias Laferriere (127 Points) +4
10) Evan Fitzpatrick (118 Points) Even
11) Tyler Tucker (117 Points) +3
12) Colten Ellis (103 Points) Even
13) Alexei Toropchenko (102 Points) -4
14) Erik Foley (93 Points) -3
15) Keean Washkurak (83 Points) +1
16) Austin Poganski (76 Points) -1
17) Joel Hofer (61 Points) +1
18) Jake Walman (45 Points) -1
19) Nolan Stevens (32 Points) +1
20) Hugh McGing (31 Points) -1

Well, not much difference honestly. Any change between the two resulted in two prospects just flipping spots. I used a point based system to organize all the lists. The points range from 1 - 20 where the #1 spot is worth 20 points, #2 is worth 19 points, and so on. I'm not some math wizard, so this seemed the easiest way to organize everything. However, if anyone has a better, or just different, suggestion, I would be more than happy to try it out and see what other results we can come up with.

Again, I apologize for the delay. But one last thing I would like to say before closing this out is that I don't think the Blues pool is that bad. I don't think it has near the top end as the juggernaut pools like New York, but the depth is there to help the team supplant the bottom-6 when the time
comes. It has two forwards that I think could become mainstays for the Blues top-6 for the foreseeable future. It is full of goalies that I think will bear at least one starter from. Even the weakest aspect of the pool has three, or maybe even four, defensemen that have NHL potential (And I still think Mikkola is going to surprise a hell of a lot of people when he plays in the NHL). All-in-all, I couldn't expect much more from a Stanley Cup winning team. The pool will help keep the window open as long as the Blues core stays intact, and that's all it needs to do.

I hope you all enjoy, and let's get ready for hockey again!

halfway through the season now, how's your top 10 list looking these days?
biggest risers so far this year? big disappointments?

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

Big thanks to putting together these list. Now we've to wait when @EastonBlues22 has time for add previous years polls + ballot polls together in one 'sticky' thread what we can all read/compare with warm smile in our faces.

Its crazy that last year Walman was #8 and now #18
@EastonBlues22 is bolded possibility like you at summer told? You would do it. If not you is there somebody else who knows how to make those poll more readable and better shape?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
@EastonBlues22 is bolded possibility like you at summer told? You would do it. If not you is there somebody else who knows how to make those poll more readable and better shape?
It's possible, though I'm not sure what threads were discarded in the platform move so there might not be many to find and log at this point.

I've been working OT six days a week for the last three months, so it's kind of far down on my priority list right now. Eventually I'll (probably) have a bit more time on my hands for projects like these, but no promises as to when.

Anyone can run searches for old threads. Sometimes you have to get a bit creative with the search terms, but if anyone wants to gather the links and PM them to me (for something like this, or for the Stanley Cup related threads, etc.), I can make sure they get where they need to be from there.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It's possible, though I'm not sure what threads were discarded in the platform move so there might not be many to find and log at this point.

I've been working OT six days a week for the last three months, so it's kind of far down on my priority list right now. Eventually I'll (probably) have a bit more time on my hands for projects like these, but no promises as to when.

Anyone can run searches for old threads. Sometimes you have to get a bit creative with the search terms, but if anyone wants to gather the links and PM them to me (for something like this, or for the Stanley Cup related threads, etc.), I can make sure they get where they need to be from there.
This link post and current 2019 poll add do it. I think you misunderstood wrong. I meant those writted polls use forum code so its easier to readable. Then make ole sticky thread for it.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Bokk and Foley removed.

Hofer and Walman up.

Toropchenko and Fitzpatrick down.

Anyone hear any recent update on Foley? The last I heard was during training camp that he was still suffering and his career was in jeopardy. Anyone have an update since then? Poor kid.

But yeah, Bokk removed obviously. Walman and Hofer up. Toropchenko stays about the same for me but I had him a lot lower than others over the summer. Joshua and Stevens would drop down a few too, as would Husso.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Haven't heard anything on Foley since those tweets during training camp, it really is sad how his career is playing out from a hit made in a prospects tournament. He looked very promising in college. Hopefully the impact to his personal life isn't so severe, wishing the best for him.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
But yeah, Bokk removed obviously. Walman and Hofer up. Toropchenko stays about the same for me but I had him a lot lower than others over the summer. Joshua and Stevens would drop down a few too, as would Husso.

I disagree on Stevens. He has the 4th highest Pts/gm on the Rampage behind only Kyrou, Walker, & Pouliot, and he's one of their most reliable PKers and defensive forwards. He's only a year and a half into his career and he's one of the most dependable players at this level.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I disagree on Stevens. He has the 4th highest Pts/gm on the Rampage behind only Kyrou, Walker, & Pouliot, and he's one of their most reliable PKers and defensive forwards. He's only a year and a half into his career and he's one of the most dependable players at this level.

Thanks for your input as you clearly watch the Rampage more than I do. I will day though that my overall valuation of Stevens hasn’t really changed - there’s just been a few others that I’d now move ahead of him is all.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Stevens is intriguing, he's putting up decent numbers in the AHL after a poor rookie season. Do you think his game translates well to the NHL?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Stevens is intriguing, he's putting up decent numbers in the AHL after a poor rookie season. Do you think his game translates well to the NHL?

He's a 200 foot player with underrated playmaking ability. I think he could carve out a bottom 6 role in the NHL, for sure, assuming he continues to develop.

Reactions: Ranksu and Oberyn

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Any idea why he was healthy scratched so much at the beginning of the season? I expected more from him last season, but was surprised to see him being scratched while IMO lesser players like Darcy and Kaspick were in the lineup.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hmm, after this season does Kyrou belong in our prospect rankings? There was years back in Blues board some definition what qualify as a prospect. Amount of game played in NHL or AHL, and how old player was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->