The Heart Attack Kids

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yup, it's a very different game. The NHL is a real garage league with how it handles stars and scoring. In a time when every other league is doing their best to maximize the impact of the top players, the NHL is doing everything they can to hold them back. Seguin knocked out for 3-6 weeks by a cheap hit, the D man gets a 4 game suspension. Rinaldo tries to kill Letang, gets a grudging 8 games because it's his 3rd or 4th offense. Who would you rather watch, Seguin and Letang or Kulikov and Rinaldo?

Even baseball just reduced the size of the strike zone. You can't even touch an NFL QB because no one wants to watch Bruce Gradkowski and Brock Osweiler duel it out.

That's what I hate about the NHL, and quite frankly, was the reason I stopped watching the sport regularly from around 2000 until the lockout ended. It goes out of its way to stifle its star players, instead of giving them the best opportunity to show off their talents.

The other three sports leagues in North America seem to want to showcase their top guys. The NHL does everything in its power to sap the creativity and ability out of theirs.

If clutch and grab hockey is back for good, I might just taken another hiatus from the NHL. I find zero entertainment in seeing teams draped over the star players and teams playing to 2-1 hockey games, instead of actually watching those stars put on a show and be allowed to do what they do best.

member 51464

How sad to click into this thread with an acoustic version of Oasis' Live Forever playing. Things will never again be what they were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad