The hawks PK

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Funny, because even though he couldn't play 2C, they still asked him to. But now they can't ask when it comes to being aggressive on the PK?

Again, it's not the player's fault that he's doing exactly what the coaches are telling him to do.

They asked him to play 2C, he was bad.

They can ask him to be aggressive on PK, I suspect the outcome will be similar, bad.

They can ask him to be passive on PK, he CAN do that, but that strategy sucks!

zac

Apr 29, 2009
They asked him to play 2C, he was bad.

They can ask him to be aggressive on PK, I suspect the outcome will be similar, bad.

They can ask him to be passive on PK, he CAN do that, but that strategy sucks!

I don't know why you think this at all. While he's not going to be a great defensive 5 on 5 center around net because of his size, he's still scrappy, quick to the puck, and has a very good stick. If anything Kruger would be much better suited to play in an aggressive PK scheme (where he's using his strengths to attack the puck) then playing in a small defensive shell where he can get pushed around when pucks get low.

If we're going to be this passive the Hawks might as well put their best 4 shot blockers out there and let 'em get pummeled.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I don't know why you think this at all. While he's not going to be a great defensive 5 on 5 center around net because of his size, he's still scrappy, quick to the puck, and has a very good stick. If anything Kruger would be much better suited to play in an aggressive PK scheme (where he's using his strengths to attack the puck) then playing in a small defensive shell where he can get pushed around when pucks get low.

If we're going to be this passive the Hawks might as well put their best 4 shot blockers out there and let 'em get pummeled.

IMO his strengths are positioning/read react. Frolik creating havoc, Kruger knowing where to be.

Kruger is not really quick in his 1st two strides, weak along the wall.

Creating pressure is not a strength of his.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
The Hawks PK has improved a lot since the start of the season, player have become more comfortable with each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad