The Happy Puppy thread

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
well been 11 days since my last wag of the tail... what has been going on?

the forum was in a scream as we went into the all star break that the sky was falling... we were going to miss the playoffs... we should be sellers... all was hopeless

we are now 4-0-3 in our last 7 games scoring 21 goals and allowing 19 as we get points in every game

its slow sledding to gain ground or lose ground in the playoff race but we now sit just 1 point behind Toronto for second {they got the game in hand} and are 1 point ahead of montreal for the wildcard

Where is Buffalo? 9 points back with just 27 games left to play... they is history

more good news? how is the scoring race going as we hit the 2/3 mark of the season?

after 56 games david pastrnak tied for 9th place in scoring with 66 points
{what a hell of a contract we have him on}

brad marchand in 55 games has 65 points tied for 12th in scoring

and Patrice Bergeron? in 40 games 51 points... over 100 point pace for an 82 game schedule
holy smokes

the bruin top 3 have 72 goals in 56 games... that's on pace for over 100 goals this season

I guess if this was the sad dog post... we could say the team still needs more secondary scoring...
but the coach has now been trying out pastrnak on the second line... trying debrusk on the 3rd line

theres a chance that could lead is to the much desired secondary scoring

meanwhile how has tuuka rask been playing for the past 3 months?
since October 10th...

16-7-4 a .927 save percentage and a 2.19 goals against...
that's some cup worthy goaltending going on

for comparison halak has put up decent backup numbers
13-9-4 a .918 gaa and 2.50 goals against

we got the best 1-2 goalie punch in the nhl by a country mile.

that's all I want to bark about for now... go bruins go

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
well been 11 days since my last wag of the tail... what has been going on?

the forum was in a scream as we went into the all star break that the sky was falling... we were going to miss the playoffs... we should be sellers... all was hopeless

we are now 4-0-3 in our last 7 games scoring 21 goals and allowing 19 as we get points in every game

its slow sledding to gain ground or lose ground in the playoff race but we now sit just 1 point behind Toronto for second {they got the game in hand} and are 1 point ahead of montreal for the wildcard

Where is Buffalo? 9 points back with just 27 games left to play... they is history

more good news? how is the scoring race going as we hit the 2/3 mark of the season?

after 56 games david pastrnak tied for 9th place in scoring with 66 points
{what a hell of a contract we have him on}

brad marchand in 55 games has 65 points tied for 12th in scoring

and Patrice Bergeron? in 40 games 51 points... over 100 point pace for an 82 game schedule
holy smokes

the bruin top 3 have 72 goals in 56 games... that's on pace for over 100 goals this season

I guess if this was the sad dog post... we could say the team still needs more secondary scoring...
but the coach has now been trying out pastrnak on the second line... trying debrusk on the 3rd line

theres a chance that could lead is to the much desired secondary scoring

meanwhile how has tuuka rask been playing for the past 3 months?
since October 10th...

16-7-4 a .927 save percentage and a 2.19 goals against...
that's some cup worthy goaltending going on

for comparison halak has put up decent backup numbers
13-9-4 a .918 gaa and 2.50 goals against

we got the best 1-2 goalie punch in the nhl by a country mile.

that's all I want to bark about for now... go bruins go

Take a look at the Islanders

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The "ProZac" thread.. . I read this thread still waitiing for increase in endorphins

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I like looking at 10 game stretches of hockey. its a nice even number and can give you a grasp on how things are going... heres some scoring totals for our top 7 guys over the last 10 games...

brad marchand 5-13-18
patrice bergeron 6-8-14
david pastrnak 4-7-11 {in just 9 games}
david krejci 10-4-5-9
torey krug 10-1-8-9
danton heinen 8-4-3-7
jake debrusk 10-1-3-4

not bad huh?

ant throw in 6 secondary goals on top of this

as for our goaltending... even better

rask 5-0-1 .925 save% and 2.19 gaa
halak is 1-1-2 .922 save% and 2.31

so we should be doing good right? well the teams record is 6-1-3 for 15 points in past 10 games

is that good?
only philadelphia 17 points
montreal 16 points
and st louis 16 points have more in their last 10 games

what does this all mean? quite simply the fans that want to be saying the team is sucking and should be sellers... and might miss the playoffs if carolina were to catch them... thats just all ridiculous
its true the team struggled to find secondary scoring most the season but clearly we got the makings on some good stuff going on here. meanwhile our kuraly/wagner/accari line is really heating up as far as having effective momentum changing 4th line shifts. Nordstrom/and backes will probably join this line come playoff time giving it a little better scoring punch

so where does that leave us in our search for a 3rd line?

will debrusk drop to 3rd line if we add a top 6 forward? debrusk is one of those guys who can score off individual efforts and he got hot at playoffs last year. will cehlarik hold onto a starting job as playoffs roll around? his production has dropped off with just 3 points in 10 games so i think his job is a bit iffy.

will ryan donato be able to get a call up and can he be the guy that makes the 3rd line dangerous? he certainly has the skills to do it.

all in all it was a very nice 10 game stretch of hockey for us fans to enjoy. i wish more of us could be happy about it when things are going so well. we actually aren't that far off from having a real shot at contending for the cup this year. Go Bruins go

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
three weeks into feb and we are 8-0-3 for the month... second best record in the nhl in that time... we are knocking on the door for second best record in the entire nhl… not too bad, but you wouldn't necessarily know it from all the negatism in the trade board and the game threads

we just made a trade yesterday... got ourselves the second line winger for krejci that weve needed. coyle will have next year here on his current contract and then we hope senyshyn would take over the role. we lost ryan donato. I believe he will have a very good career but im happy with the trade.

with the dominoes falling I expect to see us try to grab kevin hayes for the 3rd line. it will depend what the price ends up being I guess.

what has the team been doing as far as scoring goes with pastrnak hurt half the month? would you believe we have 4 guys in the top 30 for scoring?

marchand tied for 6th place with 15 points is to be expected
Bergeron is having a career year and is tied for 11th in scoring with 13 points
david krejci? yes believe it or not... the fans whipping boy is also tied for 11th with 13 points
with pastrnak hurt... who is the 4th guy hot enough to be top 30 in scoring
jake debrusk red hot with 5 goals and 6 assists for 11 points in his last 11 games

want more depth?
krug is hot... 9 points in 11 games
Heinen is having his best 11 game stretch of hockey in his career 8 points
pastrnak only played 5 games but had 6 points
Charlie McAvoy playing strong 3 goals 3 assists in 11 games

that's 8 guys who are scoring at a pretty good clip

now add coyle… and kulman has shown some life in his 3 game callup... are we actually
getting some good depth here in our scoring?

in goal... halak is even hotter the past month then he was to start the season
in 4 games he is 3-0-1 .957% and a 1.34 goals against

rask has been great too... 6-0-1 although his numbers are inflated due to 1 bad game 2.51 goals against
and a .915 save

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
46446921_10155994377506446_6243923803093598208_n.jpg

She has resting bitch face but I assure you she's a very happy pup.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I have admittedly been worried about the upcoming cap situation next year... with the coyle trade I thought things were getting bleaker. but I just broke out my calculator and for this 23 man roster next year things look affordable

danton Heinen ?/Patrice Bergeron 6.875/brad marchand 6,125
david pastrnak 6,666,667/david krejci 7,25/jake debrusk .864
Charlie coyle 3.2/trent federic .925/anders Bjork .925
chris wagner 1.25/Karson kuhlman .725/sean kuraly 1.275
david backs 6/joakim Nordstrom 1

brandon carlo ?/zdeno chara ?
Charlie McAvoy ?/john more 2.75
kevan miller 2.5/torey krug 5.25
Urho vaakainen .925

tukka rask 7
jarolslav halak 2,750

I am being fairly generous with my 4 free agent salaries
McAvoy 6
carlo 4
Heinen 3
chara 2 {we cant bring him back if he wants more}

and I get a total of $79,305,000

I don't have grezlyck on the team... I would try to use him at the deadline to get a rental like hayes or nyqvist here. with vaakainen AND lauzon ready for nhl action next year we need to clear room and we need the extra scoring forward for these playoffs as well so to me it makes sense.

I might be a bit quick to award kulman a spot... but honestly even if he fails to keep the spot we will have karlsson to jump in... or kuraly or wagner can move to center and Nordstrom or backes could get in the lineup. its not a critical thing. we got tons and tons of depth.

I guess the bruins were more on top of things then I was when they traded for coyle. we can afford him next year. we can afford to keep krejci. we can afford to keep krug. we can afford to keep backes even.

I am caught by surprise. but the numbers don't lie.

and if we wanted to trade for Duchene and give him 8 million... we could afford it too by moving backes and miller and putting someone like jfk into the press box and someone like lauzon into the 7 spot and just moving Urho into the starting lineup.

maybe Bjork would be dealt in a Duchene trade and cehlarik would take his spot in the lineup

imagine a second line of pastnak/Duchene/debrusk
and a third line of coyle/krejci/cehlarik

that would be cup calible depth for sure

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
after the trade deadline heres the projected scoring pace of our top 20 skaters

brad marchand 81-32-62-94
david pastrnak 76-42-48-90
patrice bergeron 66-30-50-80
david krejci 82-19-51-70
jake debrusk 73-26-14-40
danton heinen 78-12-16-28
marcus johansson 67-17-21-38
charlie coyle 80-13-24-37
david backes 70-7-13-20
sean kuraly 81-8-15-23
chris wagner 79-12-7-19
joakim nordstrom 70-7-3-10
noel accari 73-3-6-9
torey krug 71-8-52-60
charlie mcavoy 55-6-22-28
matt grzelyck 74-1-18-19
john moore 67-4-10-14
zdeno chara 63-6-9-15
kevan miller 56-0-9-9
brandon carlo 73-1-6-7

I predict a lot more offense from the team in the final 20 games... hopefully pastrnak returns with a thumb healthy enough to grip his stick with for playoffs...

I also hope kuhlman can work himself into this 20 man group. he impressed me the most of any providence call up this year. if he could replace Nordstrom/accari in the lineup for playoffs we have even more punch

very exciting times as we pass the trade deadline looking like the odds on favorite for second in the conference. and now all the makings to have 3 solid scoring lines too

go bruins go

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
just looked at next years cap... and I think we got the money to keep everyone we want to keep {not backes and miller}

the numbers work out as follows... we currently have 66 mill committed to 17 players {and some buyouts/retained}

if we can trade backes/miller we retain 8.5 mill... we will need to promote 3 kids to fill out the roster lets say vaakananen/Bjork/federic are the most nhl ready

this takes us to 18 roster spots filled for 60.5 mill and I think we can afford the 5 free agents with the 20 mill we have left

McAvoy 6 {4 years}
carlo 4 {5 years}
Johansson 4 {4 years}
Heinen 3 {3 years}
and chara with the remaining

gives us
{years remaining in brackets}
Heinen {3}/Bergeron {3}/Marchand {6}
Pastrnak {4}/Krejci {2}/Johansson {4}
Bjork {1}/Coyle {1}/debrusk {1}
Wagner {1}/Kuhlman {1}/Kuraly {1}
Federic {3}/Nordstrom {1}

McAvoy {4}/Vaakanainen {3}
Carl0 {4}/Chara {1}
Moore {4}/Krug {1}
Grzelyck {1}

this lineup looks every bit as good a cup contender as this years is... and I think we even have a chance to keep it together the following year too

only coyle/debrusk/krug are due for raises
we will get 3.1 mill back from our buyouts/retained salary
chara will finish his time I think... frees up a couple mill
and then... I think it would be time to trade krejci

if Johansson works out this could be a trade that ends up paying dividends for a few years. I haven't even counted
on many of the kids making impacts but obviously if they
do, it will only help us keep the costs down.

team is doing a damn good job of cap management while putting together a hell of a contender

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
2 months since I took a moment to update my love affair with my team... and here we are going into the second round of playoffs. is this going to be the 4th cup win in my lifetime?

im 50 years old... do you know how many times the bruins were in the finals in 50 years?
1970, 72, 74, 77, 78, 88, 90, 2011, 2013... 9 times... an average of once every 5 1/2 years roughly... WOW

who did better? {hint there was only 1 team}
and how many was Toronto in? {hint it was less than 1}

in 50 years how many times did we miss the playoffs ??? 45-5 WOW!!!

all we do is win... but you'd think we still havent recovered from trading thornton… that seguin trade killed us... not drafting barzal was a mistake we will never recover from... omg

its good times to be a bruin fan... but honestly it was good times to be a bruin fan ever since I was born
bobby orr
phil esposito
ray bourque
cam neely
Patrice begeron
brad marchand
and my fav of them all terry oreilly
what a great group of guys to cheer for...

I know a lot of fans want to bitch and cry how cheap Jacobs was... but this franchise has had success
I know we dont like to give credit to sinden/Chiarelli/Sweeney but its so hard to ignore the success

I have enjoyed cheering this team since 1975... wish to hell I had been more aware as a newborn so I can trace my history back to 68. this team has had a moment or two of pain {remember the kasper years and our last place finish in 96 :(}

im seeing a cup win on its way this year... and im seeing us with a better team next year than this... and we just watched a regular season where despite mind numbing injuries we still finished 3rd overall...

I hope a few of you here can wag your tails and get happy before you miss out everything. its actually a good time to be a bruin fan. theres actually some damn good stuff to be cheering for.

go bruins go

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
just reread this thread... I was hoping having a season long thread with updates on the state of the things would be an interesting read at the end of the year... loved seeing how we ebbed and flowed to get here

reminded how people were saying we were going to miss the playoffs as recently as second week of feb... wish more people had jumped in with some 'happy' posts of their own throughout the year. maybe now as we make our way through the playoffs people will find more reasons to be happy?

its almost like being happy for your team is a sin or something? bizzare

its been a great year to be a bruin fan... and a great half century
and im glad you all have been along for some of the ride
we got ourselves a great team to cheer for... lets be happy and make some noise
go bruins go

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
33-19 we outscored them in our last 10 games winning 7... losing the other 3 by a single goal

ladies and gentlemen we are officially hot and steamrolling the opposition

this is the 3rd time in 9 years weve been to the conference finals... last 2 times we went to the cup finals

its officially a very good time to be a bruins fan this decade... its ok to be happy about it. its ok to cheer the team. its ok to get ready to cheer our second cup win of the decade.

go bruins go

bring on the jerks... their Cinderella story is striking midnight as they become the next victim of the beast in the east... ladies and gentleman, your boston bruins

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
The "ProZac" thread.. . I read this thread still waitiing for increase in endorphins
Unfortunately, this is a puppy thread, which is awesome, but had it been a happy kitty thread, @BMC and I would have filled several threads already with plenty of kitties- especially gingers.

I had this avatar back in 2010, before we lost our beloved Leenie to stomach cancer. She was such a sweetheart, and when we were excited when the Bruins scored or won, she was excited, too, partaking in the family and dogs dance around the living room, barking happily away.

Attachments

• leeniegetsomenuts2010.jpg
    leeniegetsomenuts2010.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: BMC

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Unfortunately, this is a puppy thread, which is awesome, but had it been a happy kitty thread, @BMC and I would have filled several threads already with plenty of kitties- especially gingers.

I had this avatar back in 2010, before we lost our beloved Leenie to stomach cancer. She was such a sweetheart, and when we were excited when the Bruins scored or won, she was excited, too, partaking in the family and dogs dance around the living room, barking happily away.

That is one cute puppy. I have a siberian husky is actually by my side as i post. He was such a cute puppy.. Anyhow i love pet /dogs/cats etc. And love ppl who love animals. Animals are amazing

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

im a cat guy so if I do this again next year lets call it purr kitty purr

but honestly it didnt seem too many people wanted a positive thread where we could chart the progress of our team and marvel as it overcame obstacle after obstacle.

I was strongly hoping we would win the cup this year and this thread could be a historical record of our support throughout the year. I guess it wont matter. when we win the cup we can still all jump in and say we stated true through the goodtimes and the bad and di our part at as fans to give the guys all the support they deserved

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
im a cat guy so if I do this again next year lets call it purr kitty purr

but honestly it didnt seem too many people wanted a positive thread where we could chart the progress of our team and marvel as it overcame obstacle after obstacle.

I was strongly hoping we would win the cup this year and this thread could be a historical record of our support throughout the year. I guess it wont matter. when we win the cup we can still all jump in and say we stated true through the goodtimes and the bad and di our part at as fans to give the guys all the support they deserved
This is a great thread. You put a lot of time and work into it, and it's a nice break, coming in here to read your posts. The pup photos add a lot of fun and positivity to it as well.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im 50 years old... born june 68. picked my favorte team in 1975 and never changed it.

did you know the bruins have been in the Stanley cup finals 10 times since 1975? that is an average once every 5 years. even in the days of a 17 team league thats a pretty good average.

what have the bruins done lately? suppose you are only 32 years old... how many times were we in the cup finals since 1987?... its 5 times.

try naming the teams that get to the finals more often than we do

3 times in the past 10 years now... who is better?

it might not be 'good enough' for a lot of fans that want to complain how we need to fire the gm/coach and how we keep trading away all our good players... but who has been better?

lets face it... we all believe the refs are against us and yet even with that handicap just look at our success. its very damn good

weve been lucky to be allowed to cheer this team for along time now. I lived my entire life in alberta Canada but this team never game me a reason to stop cheering. I wasnt tempted to cheer Edmonton with gretzky. I knew my bruins would work hard and stick to the plan and play tough battle nosed hockey that I enjoy and they have.

a lot of people might scream for speed... theres a lot of fast teams that havent sniffed the cup finals in the last 10 years. we are fast enough because when we get to the scene of the crime we are capable of inflecting damage. we might not be the first to the party but we will be the life of the party

sorry to those fans who want to be crying hound dogs and cant find a reason to post here when they arent complaining... but this is the day of the happy puppy. all my love to my bruins... still need 4 more wins but honestly its been a hell of a good season no matter how it ends. I was so lucky I was allowed to cheer you this season. thank you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad