The Happy Puppy thread

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I agree about Moore. He's done well. He also seems to be quick to stand up for his teammates in scrums, although it doesn't appear he's a fighter, and with a concussion history, that's probably better anyway.

I'm curious to see if DeBrusk starts off on the top line against Nashville. That could be interesting.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
12540699_10153883755914100_4264796666434335698_n.jpg
28059502_10156167937459100_6610683631240665640_n.jpg

Yup, going the dog route

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Happy Puppy was a gaming site in the late 90s through like the early 2000s

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Happy: Halak has been amazing. And i still believe Tuukka will find his usual form. This would give the B's the best goaltending in the league. Carlo looks like an absolute beast in the defensive zone and the rest of the D-corps has played very well despite missing some key guys. Top line is almost indescribably good.

The not-so-happy: Black hole levels of production outside the top line. Bergy is on pace for 130pts, Pasta for 109 and Marchand for 103. They won't sustain that pace, so when those guys slow down, even a little, will anyone pick up the slack? So far no one is really looking like they will.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
todays happy puppy post... the standings around the nhl as November gets off to a start...

Nashville... heavy favorite for the cup... 13 games 20 points... check
tampa… the team a lot of us predict for the cup... 17 points 12 games... are we surprised?
penguins... 2 cups in 3 years... malkin on fire... 15 points in 11 games... 3rd best winning %

what do these 3 teams have in common? answer: they are the ONLY 3 teams in nhl
off to better starts than we have with our 16 points in 12 games

I know a lot of posters on our forum here have wanted to complain and complain about how we suck... of course they complain about rask slow start

of course they complain about the lack of secondary scoring

and they throw in the obligatory complaints about sweeney never knew what the hell he was doing putting this team together too. no balls to make the big trade. cant draft worth crap when it matters in 2015. so much complaining it seems and for what?

truth is... here we are 4th best winning % in the entire freaking nhl and yeah...
rask hasn't played good
there has been almost no secondary scoring from guys we know can score
the defense has been crushed by injuries

and we still are in 4th place in the league with winning % after the month of October.

holy crap!!!

we are good... we are very good... if the kids do turn it around... holy crap... if rask does
bounce back to his 'normal' play... holy crap... we are good

and Sweeney didn't make any big gigantic crazy moves in the offseason but he has cap
room and he has assets to be a player at deadline. we are already holy crap good
but we might just address the issues of second line scoring and third line center at
the deadline because we are perfectly set up to do just that

cant wait for may and june… sorry negative nancys, but our team is a legit contender
to bring home Stanley this year. you wont get a lot of things to complain about for the
next 7 months... sorry

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
For the first time ever today... living in canada... im able to stream wbz. I can listen to whatever bruin coverage you all have been getting... for better or worst.

Its good news for me because i started a new job on weekend nights and my tablet cant use the new nhl app.

Tonights game with nashville frustrated us with the lack of offense... but we all agree we were shafted by the officials. Even with the officiating and mcavoy/miller out with injuries we kept nashville from getting offense on us

Of course the biggest reason is halak... and hes my happy puppy of the night. I will welcome a goalie controversy if halak plays this well the next 2 seasons

Early leader for best ufa signing of offseason? Or does tarvares hold onto that honor?

I think its ok for us to feel happy with halak

Reactions: sooshii

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
rask just 4 goals allowed in 3 games now. sure he still wobbles a bit on soft ones but 4 goals in 3 games is good no matter how you want to cut it

last 82 regular season games marchand 39 goals and 101 points
Bergeron still at a 38 goal and 83 point pace over last 82 games
and pastrnak very nice 38 goals and 81 points

115 goals as a trio...

and as a team weve allowed just 5 goals in the last 6 games with our defense looking like swiss cheese. the big line might have slowed down its world class offense but that's because they are playing lock down defense. the kids might not be scoring a lot but their defense is air tight. we might have been missing McAvoy, miller, krug for most of it and even grez for a couple games... but our ability to play defense is cup worthy

its another happy puppy day to be a bruin fan

Reactions: Seidenbergy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Nice, took the puppy to the off leash park, 2nd Beagle we have owned and "patters" are starting to show between her and our previous Beagle.

A- Beagles rule:)

B- Beagles have little to no interest in playing with dogs their size or smaller and

C- Both of ours have now found a Shepherd friend and all she did yesterday was chase the one in the park and from time to time, hang onto it`s lower lip as the GS, thankfully, allowed her to. At one point Simco (the GS) needed a bit of a break and Penny wasn`t ready for one so all Simco did was put his huge paw on Penny`s back, held her down gently and Penny got the message

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
my happy puppy of the day is tuuka rask

yes... that tuuka rask… the one we all say has crapped the bed this year

rask admittedly didn't play well against Washington opening night... and really no one on the team did. but what has happened since then?

did you know rask has played 6 games since opening night and only allowed 13 goals? yes that is a gaa of around 2.15
he faced around 178 shots if I added correct... that's roughly a .925% save percentage... not too shabby?

he won 4 games and lost 2

did you know he had only 2 goals of offense support in his 2 loses? are we expecting a goalie to win games when his team only averages 1 goal of support?

the flavor of the day is to call rask crap... and try to run him out of town. I saw someone in the game day thread saying look at the numbers they prove rask is crap. well... here are the numbers. I didn't fictionalize anything in this post. im sorry all you rask haters but you are just living in fantasy land if you think the numbers give you any support to hate rask.

{I still think its likely time to look at trade options just because very few goalies have the right mental make up to stay in 1 city as long as rask has been in boston… plus that cap issue is an issue... but this is the happy puppy thread and we are lucky
to have rask here. we should be happy weve had him here}

I think it was in the kpd article that got linked here the other day that we see rask in second in wins since becoming a starter for all goalies in the nhl… and top 4 for save percentage and goals against average as well. we have been lucky to have him here for several years now

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
my happy puppy of the day is tuuka rask

yes... that tuuka rask… the one we all say has crapped the bed this year

rask admittedly didn't play well against Washington opening night... and really no one on the team did. but what has happened since then?

did you know rask has played 6 games since opening night and only allowed 13 goals? yes that is a gaa of around 2.15
he faced around 178 shots if I added correct... that's roughly a .925% save percentage... not too shabby?

he won 4 games and lost 2

did you know he had only 2 goals of offense support in his 2 loses? are we expecting a goalie to win games when his team only averages 1 goal of support?

the flavor of the day is to call rask crap... and try to run him out of town. I saw someone in the game day thread saying look at the numbers they prove rask is crap. well... here are the numbers. I didn't fictionalize anything in this post. im sorry all you rask haters but you are just living in fantasy land if you think the numbers give you any support to hate rask.

{I still think its likely time to look at trade options just because very few goalies have the right mental make up to stay in 1 city as long as rask has been in boston… plus that cap issue is an issue... but this is the happy puppy thread and we are lucky
to have rask here. we should be happy weve had him here}

I think it was in the kpd article that got linked here the other day that we see rask in second in wins since becoming a starter for all goalies in the nhl… and top 4 for save percentage and goals against average as well. we have been lucky to have him here for several years now

this post has far too much rational thinking for this fan, take this kinda crud to another board:sarcasm:

Tuukka needs to pull his head outta his _________. This fan believes he will but man is it hard to watch/read this place while he`s clearly in the middle of tough time.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
counting playoffs last year, thats now 32 goals in 41 games for david pastrnak

50 goal guy? i think its rather obvious hes got that ability

60 goal guy?
rocket richard winner?

one of the top 10 value conteacts in nhl?

how good is this guy going to get?

he already exceeded my wildest dreams 3 years ago... but now i dont think it requires any crazy dreams that hes going to get in the conversation for best winger in the nhl in the next couple years

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Leaving playoffs out of it... pastrnak now has 28 goals in last 34 regular season games.

Defense on the team can lose 3 regulars and still allow just 2 goals in back to back games

Jfk plays against toronto and vegas and looks almost flawless out there

Lauzon and urho have both looked like we need to find them a place to play before next season rolls around

Kids have now provided secondary scoring 3 straight games... any wonder we have 14 goals for in those games? If kids find consistentcy we are going to be a monster team.

And halak has officially erased all doubt about letting khubodin go. Im happy for anton if he finds success elsewhere but we are miles better in backup goalie since we had thomas/rask here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad