The Happy Puppy thread

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
theres so many places that the complaining negative nancies can come and post here in the forum and cry about how hard done they are by their lousy hockey team... can we have 1 thread where people are allowed to come and just chronical the benefits on a day to day basis of being able to cheer the greatest team in the nhl?

OPEN CHALLANGE TO ALL HERE... only post happy posts about the bruins in this thread!!!

will this thread be dead on arrival I wonder? is it impossible for us as a fan base to come up with pure happy thoughts about our team? are we really that pathetic?

as a fan... I like to come here and swap little messages with my fellow fans about how carlo is playing some really great hockey this year... about how halak has been worth every penny of his ufa signing so far in the first month of the season... about how brad marchand looks half speed but is so freaking good he still has 17 points in 12 games anyhow.

the team hasn't been perfect but dear lord, theres so many other threads where we can talk about the things that haven't been perfect.

please everyone give us one freaking thread here where we can be allowed to be happy about being fans and cheering this team. the floor is now open... I hope you will join me here and have some fun because I sure as hell think this is shaping up to be a good season to be a bruin fan. I anticipate I will find a reason to come post here 80-100 times before playoffs roll around.

thanks to all who can get with the spirit
and go bruins go

Reactions: maxbme

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’m as positive as anyone here, but do we really need a “Happy Puppy” thread (no idea what this means) AND a 1st line “Let’s be Happy” thread?

Seems like you are trying to kill the board with kindness?

people that don't want to participate are welcome to create their own lets crap on our heros thread. but honestly it seams like at least 90% of all threads are already used for that purpose :)

if the board moderators/owners/resource managers feel we cant have a happy thread I will bow to their judgement. but in the meantime I hope we can make this work

Reactions: Fenway

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
p93MCcL.jpg

Bruins.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
people that don't want to participate are welcome to create their own lets crap on our heros thread. but honestly it seams like at least 90% of all threads are already used for that purpose :)

if the board moderators/owners/resource managers feel we cant have a happy thread I will bow to their judgement. but in the meantime I hope we can make this work

Let's see what happens - I'm in a good mood as Boston has a parade today

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I have no issue with a “happy” thread. I just thought two was pushing it, but waste as much bandwidth as you want has always been my motto.

Know your audience.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I also think Moore has been very good so far. Two signings that left me a little confused. I hope they keep it up.

when moore was signed I thought... who? I had heard the name of course... seen him in the scoring reports... even watched him play but I never paid close attention

so I started to do a bit of research... saw that the guy had some tools. saw that he had been quite highly reguarded as a kid... I started to remember that a lot of dmen take quite awhile to learn how to play nhl defense.

hell, johnny boychuk had like 125 career games starting the 2011 season at age 27

theres definitely room for 27 year old dmen to be better. giving a 5 year contract means that the pro scouting department for the bruins like this kid... really like him. and im sure they watched him much closer than I did.

im glad hes been pretty decent for us to start the year... certainly decent for the cap hit... but honestly, im expecting more from moore. I think this guys going to be a very solid 20+ min per game guy for us... and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more time on the pp and sees his point totals jump significantly once he really settles in here and gets chemistry with the guys.

definitely a reason to be happy with that very good contract we got him for

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I get where @Alberta_OReilly_Fan is coming as it pains me as well to see the constant whining and negativity that infects every thread here. The GD threads have been a little nightmarish lately. We also seem to have a sort of "new wave" of really nasty posters who seem to be just looking to cause flame wars. Hopefully, that issue will get sorted out as time goes by...

Now that I got that out of the way, I'm very happy with the direction the team is going. I look at things from a long term perspective and there's absolutely gonna be some bumps in the road along the way. Not every pick and signing is going to work out, but right now, the Boston Bruins have a very robust group of players on the roster and in the pipeline.

I'm looking forward to seeing who steps up this year and moves the team forward. I don't think we've seen the best of McAvoy and DeBrusk so far and they will get better. Brandon Carlo has been an absolute beast out there and I'm very happy that's happening. John Moore has shown to be a solid add so far and I hope to see more offense from him as he gets more comfortable.

The forwards like Bjork and Heinen need to get it going this season and hopefully they will. I'm not so sold on Donato being a full time NHLer right now as it seems he's struggling to find his game so far, but he's young and can improve. Halak has been stellar too. Tuukka will find his game as well.

Great to have Krug back too, he looked great last night

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The top line is the best in the league, Halak has been grand and the Bruins are currently tied for 3rd overall and 2 points back of 1st while missing half their defense.

Also special teams, 4th on the powerplay and tied for 3rd with the fewest amount of goals allowed.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad