The hamburger theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
Do you know why certain fast food chains have people working for them who couldn't care what you ordered or if you get it. They serve it up with an extra large side of attitude and that same bad mannered person is there the next time you go back. It's because of the fact that THEY KNOW YOU'LL BE BACK.

Everybody keeps screaming about what they will do of there isn't a season, "I won't ever go to another game as long as I live". There are only 2 things wrong about that.

1)Most of us don't get that excited about something that we can give up at the drop of a hat.

2)If we all do stop going, then we are killing the game that has given alot of us fan a tremendous amount of fun and good times.

Trust me, this whole thing is driving me nuts but when they open the doors, I will be the first in line to buy a burger. :)

Crazy Lunatic

skellart said:
I'm just saying that the NHL knows they have us so they don't care how they treat us.

It's not because they know we'll be back, its because people working at a burger joint earning minimum wage usually don't care about their job or how well the burger joint does. Having worked at the most famous burger joint of 'em all (and oh, how fondly I remember those day), the owners and managers do all they can to tell employees to be kind to customers.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
skellart said:
Do you know why certain fast food chains have people working for them who couldn't care what you ordered or if you get it. They serve it up with an extra large side of attitude and that same bad mannered person is there the next time you go back. It's because of the fact that THEY KNOW YOU'LL BE BACK.

Everybody keeps screaming about what they will do of there isn't a season, "I won't ever go to another game as long as I live". There are only 2 things wrong about that.

1)Most of us don't get that excited about something that we can give up at the drop of a hat.

2)If we all do stop going, then we are killing the game that has given alot of us fan a tremendous amount of fun and good times.

Trust me, this whole thing is driving me nuts but when they open the doors, I will be the first in line to buy a burger. :)

Stan the Manager "look Joanna its about your flair.."

Joanna "Um.. am I not wearing enough, ya knnow I can um get some more."

Stan the Manager "See Joanna you can get a hamburger anywhere, at Chotchkie's people come for the atmosphere and the attitude. We just want you to express yourself"

Joanna " um so you want me to ..wear more?" -Office Space 1999

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
skellart said:
I'm just saying that the NHL knows they have us so they don't care how they treat us.

That's probably true for the thousand (? guess) or so people who frequent this board. This isn't true of the vast majority of people who watched the NHL casualy, who are far more important to the NHL revenues that a few of us die hard fans.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
oil slick said:
That's probably true for the thousand (? guess) or so people who frequent this board. This isn't true of the vast majority of people who watched the NHL casualy, who are far more important to the NHL revenues that a few of us die hard fans.

Exactly. Here in Southern California you could probably put all the "hardcore" Ducks fans who are complaining (but will return to the game) in my living room.

The rest of the building was casual fans or corporate buyers who have by now found something else to spend their money on. There are just too many other things to do in Southern California.

Giguere was quoted in the paper recently as saying he was approached by a fan for an autograph and asked, "So how's the season going so far?"

H.

Guttersnipe

LappinMakesItHappen
Jan 31, 2003
Brooklyn
Visit site
If there is no season, I think teams are going to have a pretty hard time getting season ticket holders to pony up money next, uh, preseason, if you can call it that.

I might be tempted to go see scab hockey game or two, if they're real cheap, but there's no way I would buy season tickets. I bet most season ticket holders feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad