The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe he realized he is playing for his career now, and nothing is going to be given to him.

I like Duclair. As I've said before he looks like a talented player who before turning pro has never needed to play well without the puck and he tends to lack intensity.

I think he needs to find a good fit that includes good coaching (neither of which he had in Chicago).

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I like Duclair. As I've said before he looks like a talented player who before turning pro has never needed to play well without the puck and he tends to lack intensity.

I think he needs to find a good fit that includes good coaching (neither of which he had in Chicago).
I don't think it has anything to do with coaching. He seems to have a sense of entitlement. When he was traded here last here he thought he was given a raw deal in ARZ, and didn't blame himself for any of it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't think it has anything to do with coaching. He seems to have a sense of entitlement. When he was traded here last here he thought he was given a raw deal in ARZ, and didn't blame himself for any of it.

It doesn't help that his hockey IQ is on par with a potato. The guy is just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good on him at least to understand that he needed to be better. I would've liked to see him come back, especially with a guy like Hino gone and Sikura needing time in the AHL, but it is what it is. Hopefully he makes the most out of the rest of his career....except tonight and any other time against the Hawks.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Good on him at least to understand that he needed to be better. I would've liked to see him come back, especially with a guy like Hino gone and Sikura needing time in the AHL, but it is what it is. Hopefully he makes the most out of the rest of his career....except tonight and any other time against the Hawks.

Yup. Would much rather see him out there with his skill/upside than the plugs we currently have in our bottom 6.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Motte has carved out a role as a defensive forward and strong PKer for the Canucks, beating out Sam Gagner for a roster spot. He's looked pretty good on the PK In the games I've watched.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Motte has carved out a role as a defensive forward and strong PKer for the Canucks, beating out Sam Gagner for a roster spot. He's looked pretty good on the PK In the games I've watched.
I miss him. Really wish he wasn't apart of the trade. Would much rather have him up over Fortin or Johnson.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Would look good with Kruger and Kampf and their 6% O-zone starts :naughty:
This is what happens when only one or two other forwards know how to play defense in the defensive zone.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That zone start % is not driven by a lack of D. Q is doing it on purpose. I know people don't want to hear this but Toews's resurgence has been helped by Kruger eating up harder matchups.
thing is, i am not going to dispute you, but have been wondering when the team will do that. age catches up to everyone.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
That zone start % is not driven by a lack of D. Q is doing it on purpose. I know people don't want to hear this but Toews's resurgence has been helped by Kruger eating up harder matchups.
You might believe that, but all you have to do is look at the forward play in our own zone to see how bad they are defensively.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You might believe that, but all you have to do is look at the forward play in our own zone to see how bad they are defensively.

Except the facts don’t support what you are saying. If the Kruger line was getting hammered in their own zone their Corsi would show that but it doesn’t. Kruger has a 46.21% corsi and a 10% zone start.

Martinsen is nothing like Kruger or Kampf as they are good defensively.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Except the facts don’t support what you are saying. If the Kruger line was getting hammered in their own zone their Corsi would show that but it doesn’t. Kruger has a 46.21% corsi and a 10% zone start.

Martinsen is nothing like Kruger or Kampf as they are good defensively.
I’m referring to all forwards, save for Toews, maybe Schmaltz, and perhaps younger Kruger. Everyone else is subpar. Can’t retrieve the puck, can’t break up the cycle, can’t cover the high forward or attacking defenseman, can’t effin break out

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looks like Isle fans are starting to get sick of Leddy

Off to a piss poor start to year and they want him off PP saying he is dragging it down , I guess he is exactly like Keith in one regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad