The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh, the trend of ex-Hawks getting letters with new teams continued yesterday with Hammer being named an alternate captain for the Yotes.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Congrats to both! I really miss Hjalmarsson on the roster. I know he was on the decline and I understand the trade, still like it even, but I miss the guy. Couldn't help but appreciate his dedication, hard work, and sacrifice he brought every game.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
That's what Fortin will experience

On what basis can you make that claim with such certainty? Fortin has some promise and, it seems to me, may or may not make --- he could end up the tweener you suggest --- but could just as easily end up a bottom 6 guy of value and a consistent contributor. It is too early to tell and not enough info to say really anything with certainty.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Anybody with speed like Fortin can carve himself a role in this league. I don’t even like the guy and think he’s lost without the puck but if he can add some grit to his game with the speed he’ll stay on rosters and make himself a solid living. Maybe he can be more too.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Anybody with speed like Fortin can carve himself a role in this league. I don’t even like the guy and think he’s lost without the puck but if he can add some grit to his game with the speed he’ll stay on rosters and make himself a solid living. Maybe he can be more too.
this past weeks there were players who were highly thought of from their team that was waived in and last couple of days. Why ?? > b/c those players couldn't turn it on in the NHL..... where they performed admirable in the minors.

some players talent level ends at the minor league level. i just hope Fortin and others in the hawks system, is not one of these kind of players.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014

Heck --- by the standards of most of us here --- people who take 20 years of combined income to make 750K --- then Fortin has already made a solid living. One seasons salary at a minimum salary for the the NHL is worth what... 10-20 years of salary for most of us. One year in the NHL and you are pretty much set for life from the monetary perspective --- you have an awesome $ foundation from which to draw.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Heck --- by the standards of most of us here --- people who take 20 years of combined income to make 750K --- then Fortin has already made a solid living. One seasons salary at a minimum salary for the the NHL is worth what... 10-20 years of salary for most of us. One year in the NHL and you are pretty much set for life from the monetary perspective --- you have an awesome $ foundation from which to draw.
well you are looking for that silver lining so to speak and found it.

i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad