The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
still a lot of talent in the KHL, not sure what his contract there will be, but he should be pretty successful and a top 6 player on his team. wish him the best and always thankful for the depth we had as a guy like him and Sharpie just torched fools as Toews, Kane, and Hoss drew most of the attention.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Kucherov posted this on his Twitter and Panarin shared it. Jackets fans are furious about this post and seem to be done with him.

The post also hurts our chances a bit of signing him next year. Kane better hug Panarin for a good long while next time they meet. Reignite the bromance and help improve our odds.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Tampa can’t afford him. At all.
They could move around some pieces next year if they felt he would sign. And when you have a player like Panarin who is willing to sign as a UFA, you feel pretty happy about trading away a few smaller pieces for a decent return.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Tampa will have 52.6 mil ties up between 8 players in 20-21. They could feasibly trade 2 of Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn, or JT Miller. That would leave them with ~42.6 tied up in 6 players.

They would have to sign Brayden Point (next year), Andrei Vaselivsky, and Michael Sergachev by 20-21. Let's say that is about 22mil for the 3 of them. So that is 64.6mil tied up between 9 players. Add Panarin and you are at 74-76mil between 10players. So do they trade one of their 6.5mil players to fit Panarin? I doubt it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Panarin participated or is participating to wedding in Tampa.

Russian’s always hang out together! And Panarin has a house in Tampa too.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why would Panarin come back when he was backstabbed by Stan. He signs an amazing contract for 6M per for 2 years which anyone with half a brain can see that it is a major discount(here comes the bridge deal only 2 years unproven carried by Kane crowd apologists) and he trades him away. If I was him I would not come back to Chicago unless Stan the Man is gone. Cant wait for Stan firing, that day cant come soon enough.

Reactions: Rolo

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Panarin has spent time in Tampa the past three or four off-seasons. As Migi said, he has a home there.

They're on Clearwater Beach. I lived 10 minutes from there. There are worse places to play hockey.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why would Panarin come back when he was backstabbed by Stan. He signs an amazing contract for 6M per for 2 years which anyone with half a brain can see that it is a major discount(here comes the bridge deal only 2 years unproven carried by Kane crowd apologists) and he trades him away. If I was him I would not come back to Chicago unless Stan the Man is gone. Cant wait for Stan firing, that day cant come soon enough.

It was a really good contract but it also took him right to UFA status so there was give an take on both sides. He wasn't carried by Kane and not one really says that anymore and honestly not that many people on here really thought that (did they elevate each for sure).

Bold - Reminder that Bowman signed him to that "amazing" deal. Your words not mine.

In regards to why would he come back, he loved playing here, the fans loved him, and the organization treats players very well. There was not back stabbing by trading him. He acknowledged that he was disappointed to be traded but understood why. There are quotes everywhere in reference to this. The Hawks gave him a deal that got him right to Free Agency which is key.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
There was literally an Athletic article stating that he'd highly consider coming back....

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It was a really good contract but it also took him right to UFA status so there was give an take on both sides. He wasn't carried by Kane and not one really says that anymore and honestly not that many people on here really thought that (did they elevate each for sure).

Bold - Reminder that Bowman signed him to that "amazing" deal. Your words not mine.

In regards to why would he come back, he loved playing here, the fans loved him, and the organization treats players very well. There was not back stabbing by trading him. He acknowledged that he was disappointed to be traded but understood why. There are quotes everywhere in reference to this. The Hawks gave him a deal that got him right to Free Agency which is key.

Yes he made one good signing and immediately destroyed it... lol. Lots of people were saying that he was carried by Kane at the time, it drove me crazy at the time because it is easy to measure a player just from the eye test, teammates can only compliment you but you are who you are.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yes he made one good signing and immediately destroyed it... lol. Lots of people were saying that he was carried by Kane at the time, it drove me crazy at the time because it is easy to measure a player just from the eye test, teammates can only compliment you but you are who you are.

Yes, but Panarin got a bit 0ne-dimensional as his time grew playing with Kane. I suppose it is easy to do, however they became very predictable. But that was then. AP has a few NHL seasons under his belt. He is only going to get better, IMO and is already a game-breaker when he gets the chance.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Panarin did an interview recently in Russia and brought the Hawks up a couple times. Now this is all going off of google translate and some posts from HF Jackets Panarin thread, so bare with me if this is not totally correct.

He mentioned that the Hawks had an interpreter ready for him more often after games than with Columbus and that he liked how the Hawks always had him covered in those situations. He also mentioned that he has grown to like megalopolis (big cities) over the last year and that in Chicago, he'd have children recognize him in the city. In Columbus, however, he can pass hundreds of kids without them recognizing him and he seems annoyed by how much more publicity college football gets out there.

Both comments bode well for our chances at getting him back next year. He likes the amount of attention that he had in Chicago. He could maybe get that in New York, but other destinations like Florida or even California might not give him that same level of notoriety.

And his comment about the interpreter is also good news. He knows that Columbus doesn't do a good enough job at that. Who knows if other teams will be more like the Jackets in that regard. With the Hawks, he knew there'd be someone available for him anytime he wanted to talk to the media. It's a safer thing to go with the team you know will help with the language barrier, then a team you simple hope will be as good.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
C'mon Bread, come home. On a deal that we can actually afford. You've seen what it's like in the wasteland, come back to the promised land. You'll get annual outdoor games, too if that's your thing.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's not about learning the language, it's about being proficient enough to be able to take reporter questions at the drop of a hat (even softball sports reporter questions) and not accidentally slip up and not toe the company line. Having a translator provides protection to the player in case they misspeak or misheard in English and provides an additional barrier in the event that you need to backtrack on a comment.

It's smart PR for a player whose native language isn't English to have a translator until they're fully proficient.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's not about learning the language, it's about being proficient enough to be able to take reporter questions at the drop of a hat (even softball sports reporter questions) and not accidentally slip up and not toe the company line. Having a translator provides protection to the player in case they misspeak or misheard in English and provides an additional barrier in the event that you need to backtrack on a comment.

It's smart PR for a player whose native language isn't English to have a translator until they're fully proficient.
plenty of players from Russia that get by just fine, he has been here for over 3 years now lol...excuses need to stop with that stuff, you only need to know enough to get by, every damn interview is the same and all the answers are nearly the same a swell..

Panarin learn - "stick to our game" "come out with more intensity" "we have to fore check harder" "I like pizza" "Meghan Fox is pretty"

there ya go, he is all set!

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->