The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ristolainen and Povorov, are not top Dmen in the league. Dmen can handle it, it's really not that big of a deal.

For those of you blasting Q for playing a really good Dman like Ekblad 25mins, where are you critizing JC for playing Gustafsson 26mins in our first game?

Funny how that works.

Not only that, what is another 3 shifts in a game for Ekblad? It's nothing, just like how you argued Kane getting 3 more shifts a game wasn't a big deal. You don't see the hypocrisy here?

I wasn't talking about the ice time, or players handling it. I was talking about him not trusting players enough to give them ice time. And countering your statement that "25 minutes a night is average for top defensemen". It clearly isn't, as only a handful of guys average that... Try to keep up.

Also, playing a defenseman 25+ when half of your top 4 is injured, and you are icing two AHL defenders, is different from playing a defenseman 25+ when your D is healthy. Isn't it?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I wasn't talking about the ice time, or players handling it. I was talking about him not trusting players enough to give them ice time. And countering your statement that "25 minutes a night is average for top defensemen". It clearly isn't, as only a handful of guys average that... Try to keep up.

Also, playing a defenseman 25+ when half of your top 4 is injured, and you are icing two AHL defenders, is different from playing a defenseman 25+ when your D is healthy. Isn't it?
It was one game of him not giving Yandle ice time and they had a big lead and were trying to protect it, and Yandle was having a terrible game (I watched). Yandles ice time in Game 1 was 20mins.

25mins or so is average for top Dmen, 19-21 players the last 2 years had around 25mins a night (24-26). Ekblad is a top Dman, maybe not a top 20 guy, but pretty close, and considering what else Florida has, he is their horse. He is going to get around that, and it was only 1.5mins more than he got on average the last 2 years, in one game.

It’s a stupid argument, his average will level out, he is under 25mins avg right now. LOL
Sure, Florida is healthy, but it’s not like they have great Dmen, John Brown is around the same quality of Dman as Gilbert, and Weegar is around the same quality as KK. So no, it’s not that different when you have garbage Dmen in the bottom of the line up.

And I wasn't just talking to you about Gus's ice time, it was more meant for those criticizing Q for Ekblads TOI and not JC for Gus's.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Odd how this conversation started from Q simply sitting a horrendous defender when his team was trying to protect lead while that defender was playing awful to begin with

Q did what any coach would do and is somehow vilified for it
And you complain about playing safe and defensive plenty when it happens

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He played 43 games for the Hawks...
I honestly cannot believe he only played 100 NHL games...good lord is that rough for 18 years..shit, his AHL game numbers isn't even a lot..360 AHL games over that time?? did this guy lose both his legs and an arm over the years?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I honestly cannot believe he only played 100 NHL games...good lord is that rough for 18 years..****, his AHL game numbers isn't even a lot..360 AHL games over that time?? did this guy lose both his legs and an arm over the years?

I know. I was shocked as well.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I honestly cannot believe he only played 100 NHL games...good lord is that rough for 18 years..****, his AHL game numbers isn't even a lot..360 AHL games over that time?? did this guy lose both his legs and an arm over the years?
... 100gp at the NHL level. And 43 of them were with the Hawks? Jesus the Hawks sucked in the early 2000s. Lol.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hawks suck now
tumblr_pyvcl1mmav1xkok61o1_540.jpg

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I still maintain if we had a better coach and a GM that didn't have vendetta on kid that Vorobiev would have been great for this organization

Kid was held to different standard then others on team in 05-06. When he did well he wasn't rewarded for it and when he made mistake while everyone around him made dozens of mistakes he was only one to get ire of coach

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I still maintain if we had a better coach and a GM that didn't have vendetta on kid that Vorobiev would have been great for this organization

Kid was held to different standard then others on team in 05-06. When he did well he wasn't rewarded for it and when he made mistake while everyone around him made dozens of mistakes he was only one to get ire of coach
Your unwavering preference for Russians persists. Not saying whether in this case it’s unfounded, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->