Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - They stepped in some Duck S....

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I thought the ice quality looked exceptional bad tonight. Lots of bouncing pucks, which helped the Ducks game plan of playing 90s style hockey. Made for a frustrating watch.

Reactions: Rasmi

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010

Amen, and he's maybe the only guy on our team who would come out and say it. Better yet, he didn't say, "we need to capitalize on those PP". When you find yourself in a fight, you had better know how to fight back. Cryin won't help ya, prayin won't do ya no good.....

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Amen, and he's maybe the only guy on our team who would come out and say it. Better yet, he didn't say, "we need to capitalize on those PP". When you find yourself in a fight, you had better know how to fight back. Cryin won't help ya, prayin won't do ya no good.....
He did say they needed to capitalize on the PPs in his full post game comments.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I figured the PP would struggle, they always say"Your best PKer is your goalie" and they had Gibson. I don't think the PP lineup really needs to be changed at all and putting Miller back there only made it worse.

At one point Ullmark let in 3 straight shots? (one was overturned), I would've liked to see Hutton come in. Doesn't matter if its the goalies fault it can still rattle your goalie or your team.

This felt like the game Antipin got smoked into the boards against Nashville minus the 5 minute penalty and the PP making them pay.

G:
First 18 minutes

B:
Everything and everyone after that

U:
Refs
Scummy Ducks

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Since we are all in a bad mood here is a picture of cute doggies to cheer everyone up:
FB_IMG_1571293503151.jpg

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Just watched the highlights and looked like the game should have been over after 18 minutes. Huge amount of missed chances and not all of them were due to Gibson.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Honestly, goaltending is why we lost this game. Gibson played great and kept the ducks in the game during the first. Once the ducks started pressing Ullmark couldn’t make a save (ok he had one great save on Getzlaf but then immediately gave it back to him 10 seconds later).

The game wasn’t near as lopsided as the score would indicate.

Reactions: Rasmi

MtlsabresFAN

Nov 17, 2018
Didn't watch the game but like everyone I'm disappointed by the result. It was a 10pm game so can't say I'm surprised by a strong start period 1 and weak last 2. I'm sure the next 2 games will be better.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

He actually does mention the PP nearly directly after that quote.

Reactions: joshjull

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Watching the highlights don't tell the whole story, but I don't think I liked Ullmark in this game. There were one or two soft goals that you probably want him to stop. And until this team learns to manage the puck better in their own zone against that kind of pressure and creativity... he needs to be better at being poised, holding onto the puck and calming things down.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Sabres looked amazing for the first 18 minutes, could have been 4-0 if they capitalized on some glorious chances (Reinhart in the first specifically).

Anaheim got physical and Buffalo had no answer for it, they didn’t make use of their power plays, and Gibson was a lot better than Ullmark.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Good:
The Leafs post game thread.

Bad:
The 2nd and especially the third period

Ugly:
This team has made a habit in the past to fold when the going gets tough against physical teams. They quit in the third period outside of a few players. They didnt want any smoke with Anaheim. I cant wait until the day when the Sabres can show up against these big and physical teams. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
G
Jack's beast mode goal
VO is automatic on the PP

B
Olofsson when he's not pulling the trigger on the power play
Erod - not great on the Duck's PP goal, then he let's Henrique have a free ride down main street for the game icing goal. I assume he's still adjusting to Krueger and the system
Passing - was just slightly off all game (jet lag?)
Letting the Ducks drag us into their style of play. We have a bunch of young cocky, 19-25 year olds, I guess we should expect their testosterone to get the best of them from time to time (god knows I did)

U
The pk against a struggling power play... how do you let them hit the seem pass twice in a row?!?

upload_2019-10-17_8-21-54.png

Really looking forward to tonight, can't wait to see how they respond! If they have some push-back I'll be extremely encouraged, but if they wilt some of that offseason doubt will start to creep back in while I start to wonder what Krueger's next move is.

Reactions: pigpen65

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
G: 1st period, 19 shots

B:
Lost there legs as I knew they would at some point
Sabres cannot live on PP alone especially with no L3 production
VO not top line worthy 5 x 5 yet
Ducks started hitting and Sabres stopped playing there a little light in the caboose
Dahlin struggling even with Miller now, not looking very "generational"
Vesey may never score for Sabres.
Other teams superstars had 5 pts last night, ours had 1.

U:
Refs per usual, apparently tripping is now part of clutching, holding, and grabbing.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I picked a good game to skip I guess

Buffalo didnt come out flat or anything like that. They had their opportunities at ES and the PP but didnt capitalize.

the 2nd period their were a bunch of penalties and scrums. Buffalo in the 2nd and 3rd had something like 5 PPs but some in the 2nd were only a minute. They didnt capatalize on this. going something like 1 for 8 on the PP

Anaheim had some deflection goals that easily could have been missed.

Reactions: Eichel9

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
G:
First 18 minutes

B:
The rest of the game
Vesey/E-Rod (at least Sheary is just invisible instead of a detriment)
Ullmark - generally he was fine, but that 4th goal was a stinker and a back breaker. Liked his fire after Sobotka got cheap-shot

U:
The refs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->