Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - They stepped in some Duck S....

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- First period pace and positioning.
- Jack's one-man gang goal.
- VO with a nice finish to a full-unit play.
- The "Let's go, Buffalo!" chant in the first.
- Scandella.
- LOG rolling downhill.
- Over 1100 posts in the GDT for a West Coast mid-week game? Welcome the f*** back!

The Bad:

- Powerplay not clicking.
- Ullmark on the Henrique dagger.
- Vesey with some open looks, actually involved in the play and I still don't like the guy.

The Ugly:

- Rowney hit from behind.
- Rackell hit from behind.
- Ritchie sucker punching Sobotka after horse-collaring him.
- Gus getting heat-hunted.

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
Eichel goal
VO scoring
Scandella-Jokiharju

B:
PP couldn't handle the pressure
we couldn't out-pass the pressure 5v5, the ducks left themselves open to counter a majority of the game, we just lost to the pressure
Gibson made ALOT of key saves for them

U:
The Ducks. f*** their bullshit.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
G: A lot of us stayed up for it

B: Some of us aren't gonna get much sleep

U: Some of us are gonna be at work

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
They got Walloped but I don’t think we looked nearly as bad as we did last year. They had a lot of opportunities and just couldn’t cash in. Seemed like they just weren’t clicking tonight, a lot of bad passing that killed the offence.

That said this is just the first regulation loss of the year and we out shot them. I was as pessimistic as anyone going into this season. But after the start they’ve had Krueger deserves some leeway.

I expect a big response against LA

Reactions: BananaSquad

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Good:
- Chances were basically even
- Mitts had no quit in his game
- Scandella looked good
- Dahlin’s keep in on the PP goal
- Eichel’s goal was sick

Bad:
- We have no tactical answer for tight checking teams. Same thing happened against the Blue Jackets. Need to change to a chip and chase style (or something different) if the pass into space thing is being shut down.
- Seemed like the team was checked out mentally in the third. Passes into skates, forcing passes through multiple Ducks, blindly flinging it up the boards.
- Ullmark was not good.

Ugly:
- Ducks with some ugly hits
- Vesey contributes literally nothing. He was especially bad on the PP goal against.

Difference in the game was Gibson was better than Ullmark. This should surprise no one.

Reactions: brian_griffin

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Rodriguez was a complete disaster. Hopefully Sheary is close to being back. If not Lazar should go in for him.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Both of those Henrique goals were killers.

Late goal in the first to salvage the period. 2-0 to start the second is a whole different game vs 2-1.

Backbreaker to end the second. Sealed the game right there. Buffalo has hope to steal a point down 1 heading into the 3rd. Up 2 ANA could just focus on killing the clock for the third.

Liked the first.

Not much to like after that.

Interested to see what tomorrow will bring

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
G: Exposed weaknesses on the Sabres. Better to find out now and fix them than have them bite us in the ass in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Created a greater sense of urgency to trade Ristolainen and fill some holes.

B: Exposed weaknesses that will be exploited by other teams.
Urgency to trade Risto may result in getting less than fair value.

U: My GBU post :laugh:

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
They didn't get a good game out of their most important players and had a decent amount of bad luck. If it wasn't for the 2-0 start and dipshit play out of the ducks I wouldn't feel so bad.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
G: First 10 minutes, Casey.
B: What happened to the structure, puck pressure, support, crisp passing?
U: Refs.

First stinker in 7 games. Tomorrow night will be interesting.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I hope that this game was the result of the team not recovering from jet lag, because it was trash.

Linus Ulmark was garbage. He got the first goal called back by an offsides challenge and immediately let in another goal literally seconds later. They also got cheap-shotted for the last two periods, and were all-around manhandled. I think the cheap shots go to them as they were rushing plays leading to passes being picked off over and over.

This wasn't a game worth staying up to watch. Hopefully the team calms down in time for the LA game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad