Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Capitulate Much?

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
we desperately need elite wingers on this team. won't be contenders until we get 2 of them. lack of speed on the wings kills us.

that is my biggest fear in the future. If this regime knows how to surround the talent they were given with additional talent.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
re
Yandle didn't put Skinner in any actual harm. It was *****ey but not a dangerous play with intent to injure.

If they fall apart after this game as a result of that, then they are mental midgets. What happened to Skinner and lack of response only remotely mattered in this game. Now it doesn't matter. The team will move on.
remotely? it defined the game after they went after him and we failed to respond.

i am hoping because the are young and eichel has become a great captain they can out check and dominate two tough teams and this will go away but its not what i expect.

Last edited:

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Puck luck defined this entire game. The sky isn't falling..onto the next game.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
really , luck? .. . admitting a hard fact during a game or rationalizations?.. they completely lost their cohesiveness and were distracted after skinner thrown like a doll and the crowd howling at yandle.. turning the other cheak in hockey becomes a habit as in life.. i HOPE this is an aberration, as do we all..

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
G: This team has made huge improvments since last year

B: Secondary scoring sucks, and this team will be easy to beat if we make the playoffs...Shut down the Eichel line and it's a victory for the other team...This trade deadline and offseason will be intersting to say the least to see what Botts will do.

Reactions: Sabres

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The saddest thing about tonight is that it may have been the end for Pommer. We know his best days are behind him but I am still real sad if that was the end.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Maybe it's weird to say after giving up 5 goals but I'd like to see some of the defensive depth translate into offensive depth.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Who are you parting with that fetches anything significant up front?

"significant" is relative, but I'd be down to move Bogosian, McCabe, Guhle. Clearly the team isn't looking to shed an A in this position tho

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
the bottom 3 lines looked better than usual the first two periods, but unlucky. Dahlin is on the ice way too much. We need Pilut and McCabe back.
the Skinner episode was embarrassing for the team and fans alike. i hope to never see such nonsense from them again.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The saddest thing about tonight is that it may have been the end for Pommer. We know his best days are behind him but I am still real sad if that was the end.

Lets not jump to this extreme before it's necessary. I agree it sucked but let's wait and see before we begin mulling over front office jobs for Poms.

Again Girgs was the unsung hero...even if he had no intention of actually fighting Haley (why would he?) he still answered the bell and showed the fight this team needs. Time to put a letter on this guy's chest, he's earned it.

Liked Bogo tonight for the most part too.

This game was confusing. I'm ready to just walk away and play the next one.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I’m guilty of not giving Beaulieu enough credit for rounding out the depth.

I know he had a stinker and a half in the last three he played, and a handful of lower dips scattered about...but from what we were used to, he had been a pleasant surprise oft never mentioned. I see Guhle and Hunwick and really miss Beaulieu (in addition to McCabe, but that one’s obvious because of his level of play prior to going down)

Sabres

Jan 15, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Haven't we just always sucked against Florida since Eichel has been here? It's annoying but oh well, some teams are just bad matchups.

Also, we're literally screwed if Eichel goes cold. We have the worst 2nd and 3rd lines in the entire league.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
really , luck? .. . admitting a hard fact during a game or rationalizations?.. they completely lost their cohesiveness and were distracted after skinner thrown like a doll and the crowd howling at yandle.. turning the other cheak in hockey becomes a habit as in life.. i HOPE this is an aberration, as do we all..

G: The 90's are that way <-----------

B: Losing to Florida after leading

U: Some people don't know what year it is

Reactions: vcv

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I’m guilty of not giving Beaulieu enough credit for rounding out the depth.

I know he had a stinker and a half in the last three he played, and a handful of lower dips scattered about...but from what we were used to, he had been a pleasant surprise oft never mentioned. I see Guhle and Hunwick and really miss Beaulieu (in addition to McCabe, but that one’s obvious because of his level of play prior to going down)

agreed. Cant believe the 180 I can have sometimes on players...that's why I'm no scout. Bogo and Nate have been fine given their expectation.

Reactions: jBuds

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
[MOD]
Anyway ... Reinhart has been very good to awesome most of the season. Both goals were a direct result of his tenacity and passing. :5:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Der Jaeger

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
It was the trip on Barkov, who went to the room injured for a bit after it happened. Yandle was trying to be a leader...I liked it
I missed it. Did he knee him or something?

I've seen Thompson do that a few times this year, never Skinner though. Don't see him as a dirty player by any means.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This.

Felt like by the end of the game that Florida wasn't even trying to hit the net anymore. Can't blame them, luck was in their favor missing the net entirely and just letting the boards do the heavy lifting. Most teams don't have the horseshoe lodged far enough up their asses for that plan to work. Credit to the Panthers for recognizing their disgusting luck last night and capitalizing.

Not to say the Sabres played a great game by any stretch, but after like 2-3 lucky/deflating goals in a row late in the game I think most teams would probably just pack it in and start thinking about the next game.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
U: The crowd giving the Panthers attention. It’s foreign to them. They must’ve thought it was 1996 and it gave them all the momentum they needed.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
What did Skinner do that Yandle felt he had to retaliate?

Yandle said after the game that he thought saw something out there with the Barkov incident. I’m going to take an educated guess and say he thought he slewfoot him and went after Skinner. This makes me curious how many guys do the same thing If it happened to Eichel. My guess, 3. Beaulieu, Bogo, and McCabe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad