The future of these prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker*

What kind of future do you see these prospects having? I don't know much about any of them except Adrian Foster who played for the Blades and was a cocky *****.

David Backes
Tim Brent
Richard Petiot
Randall Gelech
Valtteri Filppula
Milan Jurcina
Tomas Plekanec
Igor Mirnov
Jeremy Williams
Aaron Voros
Adrian Foster
Petr Vrana
Sean Bergenheim
Matt Murley
Jim Sharrow
Nathan Oystrick
Colin Stuart
Kevin Nastiuk
Stefan Meyer
Rob Globke
Mike Egener
Matt Smaby
Gerard Dicaire
Evgeni Artukhin
Jakub Klepis

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
as for tomas plekanec, he will have a tough time getting a roster spot with the habs, not because he cant, because we have lots of centers with more impact or bigger name.. also he doesnt fit to well being 5'10 190 lbs. i think he will be a trading asset.. i do believe he has second line potential while being a great 2 way player. I expect him to do 50-60 pts a season in his prime, under the old rules

Kasparov*

Tomas Plekanec was basicly the best player on his team last year in the AHL. He is NHL ready, he is small, 5ft10, but he is well built and solid, good speed, fiesty... he can be a pest alot of the times and is annoying to play against.

Kasparov*

Crusher20 said:
as for tomas plekanec, he will have a tough time getting a roster spot with the habs, not because he cant, because we have lots of centers with more impact or bigger name.. also he doesnt fit to well being 5'10 190 lbs. i think he will be a trading asset.. i do believe he has second line potential while being a great 2 way player. I expect him to do 50-60 pts a season in his prime, under the old rules

Agreed

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I think Matt Murley is one of the more underrated Penguins prospects..... however that doesnt mean his NHL future is assured. He is going to be 3rd line left winger at best and with the flood of that type of player onto the free agent market the Penguins could look else where to fill that kind of role.

Left Wing isnt the easiest spot to find a position with the Penguins, Lemieux, Malone and Koltsov would all seem fairly settled in those top 3 line spots and Lasse Pirjeta and Tomas Surovy are also potentials for that side of the ice.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Of the Devils, I see Vrana with probably the best NHL career of the three. I'm personally hoping for Brylin-type numbers.. 20g 50p in a good year, while playing an agitating game with good leadership.

Voros is a guy I'm rooting for heavily and while he has excellent power forward potential, I think it's safer to project him as a banging third-line winger with hands to pop 10-15 goals a year, and 20 in a good season.

Foster still hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy, and while his GP has improved each of the last three AHL seasons (9, 44, 51), his offense hasn't come along (21 pts best showing, less than 0.5ppg). I think it's time to admit it; he was an exceptional bantam and a talented junior for the handful of games he played, but he won't stay healthy enough to make the NHL as a regular.. and might not have the skill to stick even if he were healthy. The pick was a classic high risk, high reward situation that simply never panned out.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
davemess said:
Left Wing isnt the easiest spot to find a position with the Penguins, Lemieux, Malone and Koltsov would all seem fairly settled in those top 3 line spots and Lasse Pirjeta and Tomas Surovy are also potentials for that side of the ice.
Koltsov played right wing for Belarus at the WC. Is he really a left winger for the Pens?

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
He played mostly on the Left last year i beleive but can play either side....... course if you put Koltsov on the right wing it makes Armstrongs progression to the NHL all the more tricky.

JacksonGalaxy

Valtteri Filppula is a great prospect for us.. I think he'll stay in Finland this season, but Wings assitant GM Jim Nill was saying he's one of the guys we're trying to sign.. He said that Filppula could probably make the roster right now, but even if we sign him I think one season in Grand Rapids might do him well.. Either way, he should be suiting up for us in 06-07.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Following Jeremy Williams through out last, he seems like he'll play in the NHL asa top 6 forward. He led the WHL in goals year before, and played very well in the AHL when he was given the oppurtunity play on the top 2 lines he put up good numbers. He spent most of the season on 3rd or 4th line and that's the reason his numbers wern't great, Jeremy became more of a all around player this past year he worked on his skating, he work on strength and conditioning, he became a better player started to take hits to make plays and finished his checks. He has one of the best wrist shots I've seen, it's quick and accurate, a lot of people compare it to Joe Sakic's wrist shot. The upcoming year will be a great indicator as to where he stands in the Leafs future. I am very encouraged by the progress he has made so far into his pro career, hopefully he keeps imrpoving and becomes a solid player in the NHL.

The Joker*

Thanks, continue assessing these players tho please. Thanks :)

It's helping me

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
Oil3rs said:
Mike Egener
Gerard Dicaire
Evgeni Artukhin

I saw these guys play pretty much every game in Springfield this past year.

Artukhin is amazing. Someone that big and the kind of speed he has, you know has to make an impact at the next level. He has a lazer for a shot, he just needs to get it on net more. He should of gotten a ton of more ice time then he did this year. Hopefully this up comming season he gets more ice team and his stats will improve.

Egener spent a lot of time in the box, but at the end of the season, he started to show his skills. Again this season will show more. If he can stay healthy he'll be the Falcons top minute guy on D.

Dicaire, I didn't see much at all. With the exception of Artukhin, there wasn't much to look at on the Falcons. Dicaire should be here next season and hopefully he'll show improvement.

I can see Artukhin as a second liner and Egener could be a buising second to third pairing dman. Dicaire has be make a huge improvement to be considered to have NHL upside.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Mirnov is starting to look very good and promising. Last season he had a good play-off run (6pts in 9 games, 3rd in scoring on the team and 10th in the league) and good finish of the regular season being a top line winger for Dynamo Moscow. I think Krikunov will take him to the national team, at least on Euro Hockey Tour.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Valtteri Filppula is a great prospect, he's got tones of skills and very talented, his best ability is his playmaking skills, he's a smooth skater and very solid in the all-round game.

His only problem is the physical aspect of the game, if Filppula can overcome this he will be similar to Zetterberg in the NHL at his best.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Captain Planet said:
Valtteri Filppula is a great prospect for us.. I think he'll stay in Finland this season, but Wings assitant GM Jim Nill was saying he's one of the guys we're trying to sign.. He said that Filppula could probably make the roster right now, but even if we sign him I think one season in Grand Rapids might do him well.. Either way, he should be suiting up for us in 06-07.

if he gets his skills translated to the NA game, i agree 100%

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Klepis is a smooth skating center with very solid, but not great playmaking abilities. Will wow you once in a while with a nifty move and a very slick pass. Reminds me of Jozef Stumpel. He should make the NHL, he's not really a risky prospect, it's just a question of his ceiling. I could see him being a 15G-35A center.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Plekanec is a good player, he's not big but he's solid, fiesty and skates well. He has some good ofencive upside leading the bulldogs in scoring for the past two years a I believe. He has 2nd line potential at best but I see him really turning out to be a very good two-way 3rd liner.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Jurcina

Currently #6 regular stay at home D-man. Has good mobility (lateral) for a guy his size but doesn't play as physical as he should. Can get flustered by an aggressive forecheck causing him to dump as opposed to skate out of the zone (coaching or brains issue tbd...)

Has a good shot but doesn't use it that much. Upside is probably max #4 for 18 mins a night - stay at home D-man who if picks up the physical game could work/empty the crease very well. He will get a long hard look in Boston this year and expect him to win a roster spot to play.

Point upside probably about 4-15-19 totals and in the 60 pims range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->