Speculation: The Future of Calle Rosen?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Left side D on the team appears to be at full capacity as it is. Taking into account the overall status of the blueline this past season, depth could always be pressed into a situation involving something more.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I don't actually think he's ever been given a fair chance. If he did get a legit opportunity I think he could be a great bottom pairing guy.

Hard to see him getting that chance here, though injures do happen so you never know.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
He's a left D. He is signed at $750,000 for two more seasons. Is he always going to have no major role with this team?

I can't see him having a major role with any NHL team, although he is close enough that perhaps with the Seattle expansion providing 6 new spots he will find a regular spot with a team.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
At this point, I think he is deeply buried on the LHD depth chart. Rielly is our #1, Muzzin is our grizzled veteran, and Sandin is our arguably our top defensive prospect, and Dermott continuing to develop into a very solid LHD who is still young and hasn't yet hit his full potential.

Definitely see Rosen as a 7/8 D, but I think our LHD is really stacked in comparison to other positions. No fault of his, and a nice situation for us to be in.

Reactions: ACC1224

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
There used to be a bit of hype around him when he first signed, and then when he did well with the Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->