The frustration of what could've been..

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
So tonight we played our 4th game of the season (adult c/d league) against one of the best teams in our league,the Enforcers(cop team). The puck just didn't like me tonight,..I hit the post on a potential go ahead goal, I was stoned on a break away on the same shift, and with about 2:50 left in the 3rd, I missed an open net that would've made it 4-2. Instead, they pull the goalie and tie the game 3-3 with 20 seconds left. Even though I thought I played a good game,I am so mad at myself!

The only nice thing is we are the only undefeated team and in first place. I now have an insatiable thirst to capitalize on my misfortunes next week!

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I know what you mean. I'm on a nice long goal less streak...last week I had numerous chances, and extremely good chances at that. I worked on my shot a little during the week, but still didn't help. I didn't get good strength on like 2 or 3 attmepts and the others I shot right into the goalie...didn't get it high enough. It happens...but still had fun that's the main thing especially in adult leagues. Some people take it too seriously.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
There's always next game, dude, sometimes the hockey gods feed you the puck, sometimes they crosscheck you in the teeth.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
When they come they'll come in bunches....sice ive been playin in my adult leauge, we have 4 seasons a year all 12 games long in the 3 years prior to this season the most ive scored was 8 in those 12 games here we are this year sitting at game 8 and i have 13 goals everythings goin in. my only problem is the mystical hattrick that keeps avoiding me lol i have 5 2g games and 3 1g games 1/2 way through the season a friend made a bet that i couldnt score 20 so here i am with 3 games left 7 goals from 20......to do it ill have to score a hattrick. and were going up against the top 3 other teams those 3 games we are undefeated in 1st but they are all right behind us only loosing to us....wish me luck

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
shake it off buddy.

think about what you did well first...better to have scoring chances than none at all right? this way you wont feel bad when u score a goal you might not have deserved to, or whatever.

first week of the season, i had 2 beauty chances, got denied...second week, i hit a blocker THEN a post and it came straight down in the crease...then i hooked up with a new linemate on a beauty goal to put the game well ot of reach while i finnished +4 and with 2 pts...it'll all work out in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad