The Francisco Lindor sweepstakes

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Could see Steve Cohen making a big splash as new Mets owner and really going for him. Let's see if he's willing to spend the dough like he's said.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
To Toronto please...

100%. Move Bo to 2B or 3B. Biggio should be fine at 2B as well.

Just have to wonder on the price. Have to think they'll want to make this move now rather than in season when Frankie has less of the year to play and maybe fewer suitors as well.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Really hard to think of an actual destination for him. I'm almost tempted to predict the Dodgers get him. Other options I see are the Mets, Reds, Angels, Braves, Blue Jays, and Rays

Tyrus Cobb

Nov 6, 2020
100%. Move Bo to 2B or 3B. Biggio should be fine at 2B as well.

Just have to wonder on the price. Have to think they'll want to make this move now rather than in season when Frankie has less of the year to play and maybe fewer suitors as well.

I truly wonder what they would need to give up. I imagine Jordan Groshans would be part of this trade. Clearly, Nate would be off the table. I think they would need to add a pitcher in there, too. Woods Richardson perhaps? Maybe Manoah?

Who knows.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Good luck with Shatkins. Maybe with their CLE roots they might be more inclined, but I don't trust them to make a big move like that.
I mean they are doing a good job here. Made a fairly major signing last off season and should be a player in free agency again this year.

Tyrus Cobb

Nov 6, 2020
I mean they are doing a good job here. Made a fairly major signing last off season and should be a player in free agency again this year.

The Ryu signing was a good one; however, other than that, they haven't really done a great job since taking over. Rogers is cheap, and there is a reason he chose Shapiro - Shapiro doesn't mind when owners do not spend.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The Ryu signing was a good one; however, other than that, they haven't really done a great job since taking over. Rogers is cheap, and there is a reason he chose Shapiro - Shapiro doesn't mind when owners do not spend.
The team has been in a rebuild literally up until this season and they spent last off season. The Jays had a payroll of 180 million when they were competing in 2015 and 2016. This narrative that Rogers is a cheap owner is blatantly just not true.

Tyrus Cobb

Nov 6, 2020
The team has been in a rebuild literally up until this season and they spent last off season. The Jays had a payroll of 180 million when they were competing in 2015 and 2016. This narrative that Rogers is a cheap owner is blatantly just not true.

They had an opening day payroll of 110.76 - which was 20th in MLB. Tell me again how Rogers is not cheap.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They had an opening day payroll of 110.76 - which was 20th in MLB. Tell me again how Rogers is not cheap.
They had an opening day payroll in 2015 of 122 million which was 10th in baseball. That rose to 140 for the start of 2016 and eventually rised as high as 180 million. That is more then enough money to field a team capable of competing and winning a World Series. I get it, Rogers the company is scum. 100%. They are not a cheap owner. It is what it is.

Tyrus Cobb

Nov 6, 2020
They had an opening day payroll in 2015 of 122 million which was 10th in baseball. That rose to 140 for the start of 2016 and eventually rised as high as 180 million. That is more then enough money to field a team capable of competing and winning a World Series. I get it, Rogers the company is scum. 100%. They are not a cheap owner. It is what it is.

Other than Ryu - name me some big signings in Toronto. Look, I get it, not many big time free agents wants to sign in Toronto for some valid reasons. But, they do not go out there and give free agents offers they cannot refuse - for the most part.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Other than Ryu - name me some big signings in Toronto. Look, I get it, not many big time free agents wants to sign in Toronto for some valid reasons. But, they do not go out there and give free agents offers they cannot refuse - for the most part.
Right so other then the big signing name a big signing. Not exactly sure what you are looking for here. They competed for 3 years...the payroll went up, the went into a rebuild and reduced and now they are trying to come out of it and have the flexibility to spend money to help with that. If they don't use the payroll flexibility in the next couple years then we can talk.

Tyrus Cobb

Nov 6, 2020
Right so other then the big signing name a big signing. Not exactly sure what you are looking for here. They competed for 3 years...the payroll went up, the went into a rebuild and reduced and now they are trying to come out of it and have the flexibility to spend money to help with that. If they don't use the payroll flexibility in the next couple years then we can talk.

They competed because they made some good trades - JD, JB, Estrada - technically Edwin, too. Not because they went out and spent money. That is what I am trying to say. They rarely spend.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
They competed because they made some good trades - JD, JB, Estrada - technically Edwin, too. Not because they went out and spent money. That is what I am trying to say. They rarely spend.

those traded added money... like AA took on substantial money in that Marlins deal

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yes - mostly because of Reyes. But, that was a trade. And that was AA. I'm talking about Shapkins.

They built an elite farm system and than signed a cy young winner as the prospects began to emerge

I expect that to continue

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I acknowledged the Ryu signing - but wondering what else has been done by the current FO when it comes to spending.

they increased minor league spending above every other organization... got to build the foundation before adding luxury items

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->