The Franchise Needs a Whistleblower

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
As ridiculous as most of his moves were, I think a lot of people would agree, and it's been made clear regardless that some of the most recent ones were by committee. Koski, Manning, Petro. It was clear PC was on thin ice before these moves were made, so I'd say it's safe to assume other guys were in the know.

Back to it. I'd love to see someone like PC, or even Hitch after he leaves this summer, step up in the media and talk about how much of a mess all of the management is in the organization. The results have been the same over the last 15 years despite staff changes at almost every level from players to coaches to GM's. So similar to the results of the decade of darkness that one can only assume the common theme is the OBC. Someone who was in a significant position of management needs to come out and absolutely shit all over these inept puds to the point that Katz is essentially forced to make some sort of public comments on it all. At least then we'll all know for sure whether there's ever a chance of things changing under his ownership, instead of always having these slivers of hope, only to have them torn away from you.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
As ridiculous as most of his moves were, I think a lot of people would agree, and it's been made clear regardless that some of the most recent ones were by committee. Koski, Manning, Petro. It was clear PC was on thin ice before these moves were made, so I'd say it's safe to assume other guys were in the know.

Back to it. I'd love to see someone like PC, or even Hitch after he leaves this summer, step up in the media and talk about how much of a mess all of the management is in the organization. The results have been the same over the last 15 years despite staff changes at almost every level from players to coaches to GM's. So similar to the results of the decade of darkness that one can only assume the common theme is the OBC. Someone who was in a significant position of management needs to come out and absolutely **** all over these inept puds to the point that Katz is essentially forced to make some sort of public comments on it all. At least then we'll all know for sure whether there's ever a chance of things changing under his ownership, instead of always having these slivers of hope, only to have them torn away from you.

I'd love to know if OEG employees have to sign some sort of agreement that they can't talk about what goes on inside the organization (I know there is a name for it, frigged if I can think of it though).

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Doubt you’ll get anything from Chiarelli, as I think he still wants to get another job in the NHL in some capacity, and dumping publicly on your former employer is probably not going to open many doors at future potential employers. As for Hitch, I doubt he’ll say anything either, as they gave him his “dream job”, and being an Edmontonion, an now a “once an Oiler, always an Oiler, he has potential to someday be a valued member of the red wine club.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
This franchise needs a new owner.
PmF1HElI_400x400.jpg

Reactions: imtheboy

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Of course we do. But the media really refuses to shove it in your face like they do with anything else. Id love to see an old coach or GM just straight up tell all.

Media could skirt around it, by comparing our rebuild to Toronto.
Dissect everything that Toronto did (purge everyone in the front office).

Could also show that this was effective for Chicago, Cbus, Islanders.

Could also show hanging onto lingering management has hurt many other franchises for prolonged periods of time.

Can also do a cross-analysis with Vegas, and see what their management did that made them so effective out of the gate.

GOilers88

Dec 24, 2016
PC can go **** himself.
How can you hate PC more than all the guys who are still there? Even Bobby Nicks. Everyone in that fromt office watched this team get gutted for nothing, and nobody did or said a damn thing. Even with PC gone, this fanbase is now on the verge of crucifying two very good coaches because nothing has changed.

HuMz

Jan 30, 2005
Calgary, Canada
What's there to whistleblow? We've all got a pretty good grasp as to what this team's problems are, and who is responsible for them.

And how on earth is PC supposed to be this whistleblower, when he is probably one of the team's biggest contributors to this teams downfall? What is he supposed to expose? Himself?

Is it his bosses fault that he couldn't properly evaluate NHL talent, and make appropriate trades?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How can you hate PC more than all the guys who are still there? Even Bobby Nicks. Everyone in that fromt office watched this team get gutted for nothing, and nobody did or said a damn thing. Even with PC gone, this fanbase is now on the verge of crucifying two very good coaches because nothing has changed.

He's the one that built this garbage team around McDavid. I don't buy the "well he only did it on bad advice!" cop out excuse. No smart GM does that.

Nothing has changed because now we have to live with what PC has done and it will take maybe years to fix this. What you thought just firing him meant all his mistakes are magically absolved overnight? Doesn't work that way.

GOilers88

Dec 24, 2016
You two do realize this franchise was hot garbage beore PC even got here, right? Even when he got here. This franchise has repeatedly "been on the rise with good young talent and some high draft picks".

06' was a fluke. This team hasn't done anything right since they last won a damn cup. Can't scout, can't draft, can't develop, can't win, can't do anything right for any period of time.

We also agree to disagree that PC had carte blanche on every one of his trades, because I find it oddly convenient that a guy with no ties to the Edmonton Oil kings trades away two picks in one of the best drafts ever for a former Oil King that management had a hard-on for for years even though he clearly wasn't cut out for the NHL. In no way did I ever say he only made moves because they told him to though. Some if his trades were baffling on their own,while others so obviously stunk of OBC that I don't know how you can discredit it.

There is so clearly issues in the front office of this franchise that run deeper than PC, that it would be satisfying to see someone like PC finally state it publically is all I'm saying.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
He's the one that built this garbage team around McDavid. I don't buy the "well he only did it on bad advice!" cop out excuse. No smart GM does that.

Nothing has changed because now we have to live with what PC has done and it will take maybe years to fix this. What you thought just firing him meant all his mistakes are magically absolved overnight? Doesn't work that way.
This is so true.
But somehow people make themselves believe that Chia was somekind of puppet.
He was hired as the POHO and GM and had full autonomy.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Of course we do. But the media really refuses to shove it in your face like they do with anything else. Id love to see an old coach or GM just straight up tell all.
If they ever all get fired, THEN the media will shit all over them. Until then, we'll continue to hear about how previous employees were the only problems with the organization. So irritating

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This is so true.

This is also a guy who made numerous other atrocious trades for Boston in the past. Hes an idiot, but he does it on his own

Bobby Nicks on the other hand, is asleep at the wheel. He likely just signed whatever crossed his deck. Much like how he ran team Canada. "Huh? Kunitz over Giroux and Hall, are you sure about this? Ah whatever lets do it, well only win the gold by 4 goals now"

GOilers88

Dec 24, 2016
This is so true.
So you honestly believe it was all Chiarelli who went out scouted Griff, and put the trade together shortly after arriving in Edmonton?

Interesting how a guy who has no ties to previous Oilers management's first move is to trade away two high profile picks for a guy previous management drove hard for for years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So you honestly believe it was all Chiarelli who went out scouted Griff, and put the trade together shortly after arriving in Edmonton?

The Athletic leaked that Chiarelli had a deal to trade the picks for Erik Gudbranson which is almost as stupid of a trade.

He was a moron, plain and simple.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->