Rumor: The Fourth period: Quick to Leafs?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Trade Mkt. will be set soon, but even then we always see a wide range of expected returns for any given player(s) each yr.

LGD=late 2nd or late 3rd+b-level prospect (C/LD).
**He may fetch a late 1st in a small bidding war, TBD**

If Dubas doesn't pay, another team will. We're ok resigning LGD too (now or in ufa)

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think the Leafs are interested in a goalie. I have no idea if L A is. It really doesn't seem likey to me.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Trade Mkt. will be set soon, but even then we always see a wide range of expected returns for any given player(s) each yr.

LGD=late 2nd or late 3rd+b-level prospect (C/LD).
**He may fetch a late 1st in a small bidding war, TBD**

If Dubas doesn't pay, another team will. We're ok resigning LGD too (now or in ufa)
Yeah, maybe another team will.

Reactions: axlrose87

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
TFP is actually reliable. Not sure why everyone on this board immediately goes to bashing the source. There's a reason its called "rumor". Discuss the rumor. Some of you guys are just so annoying.

Reactions: Just Linda

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Jonathan quick at 2.9 million for three more years is still a massive cap dump. He has been a .900 goalie for years now.
If the kings are dumping quick (at 2.9) they are the ones adding assets.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Jonathan quick at 2.9 million for three more years is still a massive cap dump. He has been a .900 goalie for years now.
If the kings are dumping quick (at 2.9) the are the ones adding assets.
yeah, i really have no interest. would rather look for a long term option, or someone not as old and expensive to share duties with Campbell.

would be funny to roll Quick-Campbell and become the Toronto Maple Kings though

Reactions: axlrose87

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I know he’s not amazing in the regular season but doesn’t he to some extent step up in the playoffs? Was he not okay against the Knights a few years back or was his teams lack of scoring primary ?
Quick was nothing short of outstanding in that series against the knights. Seriously, he was the only reason that series was somewhat close. It was an impressive performance.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
yeah, i really have no interest. would rather look for a long term option, or someone not as old and expensive to share duties with Campbell.

would be funny to roll Quick-Campbell and become the Toronto Maple Kings though
If we are taking on quick (even at full retention) , they better be throwing in a very useful piece for the leafs.
Who the heck would sign quick to a two year deal at 2.9 this offseason?
Anderson has been horrible this season. Quick has been playing at the same level for years now.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
The other side of this coin is that there is not one thing mentioned here that would make the Kings trade Quick to the Leafs. They are not sending him to the Leafs, with retention, for Anderson and whatever scraps you want to get rid of, forget that. They would be better served to keep Quick, and they have the cap space to do it. With a lot more cap space next season. The Kings are not in business to help out the Leafs and I don't really see a trade that makes sense between the two teams.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
There better off just giving Campbell a chance and letting Freddy go in the off season then dealing with a declining Quick and his cap hit for 2 more years.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
According to The Fourth Period who have broken things like the Tavares to the Leafs are now reporting that the Leafs and Kings have spoken about the possibility of Jonathan Quick being traded to Toronto.

Freddy would have to go back and the Kings would probably have retain a portion of Quick but what do you think a deal would look like?
Fourth Period has never broken anything

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The other side of this coin is that there is not one thing mentioned here that would make the Kings trade Quick to the Leafs. They are not sending him to the Leafs, with retention, for Anderson and whatever scraps you want to get rid of, forget that. They would be better served to keep Quick, and they have the cap space to do it. With a lot more cap space next season. The Kings are not in business to help out the Leafs and I don't really see a trade that makes sense between the two teams.
Yes, this. The king's are not in the business of helping the Leafs or any other team. Not, are the Leafs in the business of helping the king's or any other team.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
There is zero truth to this. There is no way the Leafs are taking on a goalie with term and a high cap hit. At this stage of the season they’re rolling with Anderson and Campbell.
I would believe a Raanta type deal with Arizona as he is a UFA, with better underlying statistics. Anderson would have to be really seriously injured for Dubas to consider a goalie deal.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Would the kings take a forward? I can’t remember if Dubas said he’d trade a top forward prospect or a top prospect generally, but he’s willing to give up a valuable asset regardless ; idk what the kings need this year specifically I just remember it seems like every year “the kings can’t score” (or maybe that was a few years ago)

I mean, if they’re not exactly an especially competitive team in the next couple years, and you say they have the space to keep him; why not retain if the Leafs are willing to give assets back?

All of that is hypothetical assuming Dubas even thinks they could use a goalie, or that he would want quick long term; he said he wants another forward specifically. Idk, I feel like a goalie is a safer bet there, not sure how confident I would be in their current guy.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
As a Kings fan Quick has a special place in my heart. I still think he is a big game goalie. I think he could be better than a injured Freddie. Depends on how Dubas views Quick tho. Just seems like an odd exchange.

Reactions: Guitpik and Telos

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't see the Kings jumping to get rid of Quick, so I'd be really surprised if this happened. For starters, Blake came out and said that he's not trading anymore veterans, the selling portion of the rebuild is over. If the Kings do make the playoffs between now and the end of Quick's contract, he's certainly a backup capable of winning a playoff series. And finally, he's one of the greatest competitors in hockey. He's a guy you want in the locker room during a playoff series.

If the Kings do trade him, I'm sure they'd retain 50% of the contract to maximize the asset coming back, but Quick is similar to Brown in that if the Kings aren't getting a first round pick back, why trade one of the greatest Kings of all time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->