The Fourth 2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Another length of the ice shootout. Icing. 6.9 to go.

There's the Horn - B-a-a-a-a-a!

Comets hold on for a 3-2 win to open the season.

Reactions: 420Canuck

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Final score:
Utica 3 Rochester 2

SOG:
Utica: 3 15 16 - 34
Roch: 12 12 5 - 29

Lind (1) from Baertschi (1) and Anas (1)
Gadjovich (1) from Jasek (1)
Lind (2) from Anas (2) and Reinke (1) PP

Gillies 27/29

3 Stars:
1) Kole Lind (Utica Comets) 2G
2) Arttu Ruotsalainen (Rochester Americans) 1G
3) Sam Anas (Utica Comets) 2A

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I' m sorry. It just doesn't feel like a Comets broadcast without Joe Roberts.

And Joe Tahan. We can never forget him.

No Joe Roberts (best AHL announcer), no fans, no Joe Tahan, no Clinton Tractor, no Slocum-Dickson Medical, mostly St. Louis players... pretty dry. The last two periods I was mostly just listening while doing other things.

Have a credit on my AHL-TV account from last season's cancellation but I'm going to save it for next season. Giving this one a pass. Was a lot of fun the previous two years, though. We'll always have the memories.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Final score:
Utica 3 Rochester 2

SOG:
Utica: 3 15 16 - 34
Roch: 12 12 5 - 29

Lind (1) from Baertschi (1) and Anas (1)
Gadjovich (1) from Jasek (1)
Lind (2) from Anas (2) and Reinke (1) PP

Gillies 27/29

3 Stars:
1) Kole Lind (Utica Comets) 2G
2) Arttu Ruotsalainen (Rochester Americans) 1G
3) Sam Anas (Utica Comets) 2A
Any relation to the former NHLer Reijo Routsalainen?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Ignoring his 2 goals, how did Lind look?

Also, any opinions on the Lockwood guy?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I can't imagine anyone on the taxi squad is looking to come back to the AHL this year to get some games in. On the taxi squad they at least get all of their AHL salary portion of a two way contract. In the AHL this year they may receive as little as 48% of the salary depending on how many games their AHL team plays this year.

I get the financial disparity. Probably shouldn't be the case for the prospects making ELC money. If the parent is serious about developing their prospects, punishing them for playing on the farm when their salary is garbage anyways seems ludicrous to say the least. They also have no choice in the matter and they will do what they have to do because they all still live the dream of making the next step.

So, I wonder which result you find more beneficial for their hockey careers. Sitting out the majority of the NHL season as they will not get more than a few games unless the situation in Vancouver becomes desperate due to players lost to injury. It's also very possible that some may get no games given Green's reluctance to use untried rookies when he has experienced players he trusts more despite how badly they have previously played. Would you choose that or playing every game, having a major role in all of the team's game play (regular shift, PP, PK, etc.), and practicing a whole season's worth of off days with their regular linemates/D-partner. In other words doing everything possible to maximize their rookie development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad