THE FOREVER TICKET:How much would this be worth to you? Will an NHL team follow suit?

Darkavenger

Feb 5, 2013
If I read this correctly it's 1 ticket for any game and then 9 more for any regular season game not including open day. Would love that deal. However, in a market like ours the price would probably be much higher.

BigBlueReg

Dec 5, 2014
England
Imaging saving it for the cup final and fighting the internal battle over the cup final vs conference final game 7. And your team loses, never makes the playoffs again in your lifetime.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
the ticket is still subject to seat availability at the game. you're not guaranteed a front row seat just because you spent $1000 on a ticket.

it's a colossal rip off. $1000 for what amounts to ten games but they're banking on you waiting until the brewers(!) play in a meaningful game, which they haven't done in 32 years. it'd be like the oilers selling a ticket like this.

they had to add the nine games because people basically laughed in their faces when it first came out and you paid $1000 and got to go to one game.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
I would buy one for the Leafs, hope they reach the SCF in my lifetime and sell it.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
I would consider a game 7 Stanley Cup Final at home but they would never offer that up

Actually - if you read the article - that's specifically what the Brewers would imagine it will be used for - a World Series Home Game...

I would think a Hockey version would be expected to be used for a SCF home game (ESPECIALLY a game 7 - if the opportunity presented itself)

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I got game 7 cup finals tickets in an away city non season ticket holder for like $270 a piece; bought 8 of them.

I'm sure they'd be higher in Toronto maybe montreal, but in most cities finals tickets will probably top out at less than $1k.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I'd pay that for the option of going to a possible cup winning game at home (everyone says a game 7, but I'd be fine with it being a game 4, 5 or 6 too!) or the last game at the Saddledome IF everyone got to go home with their seat as a piece of memorabilia.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Lastly, bonus Q: Could any NHL team actually burn through enough of these to make it viable?

Absolutely. The teams will always come out on top in this situation. If the value of the golden ticket is priced above any face value seat, then selling 1 golden ticket will make it worth it. (neglecting cost of goods sold, but you get the point)

Assuming you can't displace people who have already bought tickets, what happens when teams that sell out every game (Canadian teams, Rangers, Blackhawks etc.) sell golden tickets?

One would have to think that golden ticket holders would get access to pre-sales right?

also, one would have to assume the golden ticket would be more expensive than any face value ticket (or very close) to avoid people profiting on resale.

There has to be value on both sides in order for this to viable. If those two assumptions are in place, then it could work.

Teams would have the value of selling a ticket above face value, and fans would have the added value of getting first pick of tickets for BIG games that would sell out in minutes.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
Now if it was 1000 dollars for a ticket to go whenever you want, that you could use over and over. As long as it was regular season/not stanley cup finals that would be worth it. A lifetime ticket I guess to say.

You just described a season ticket, of course it would be worth it for $1000.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
That would be quite the investment. I'd buy Montreal and Toronto ones and sell them when they make it to the SCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad