OT: The Food & Drinks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Try a vegan yam/carrot/parsnip poutine.

Focken horrible

I went to jardin panos on mont Royal which is a greek restaurant. The food isnt bad at all.

For pizza , pizza roma on st laurent is amazing if you call for delivery

The BYOB/wine restaurants on the Plateau are one of my favourite things about that neighborhood. I went Au Jardin de Panos as well and can confirm that you can't go wrong with a meal there. Khyber pass (afghan cuisine) not far from there is also worth the try.

Of course if you fancy unique plates you might be disappointed, but for a Saturday night dinner with a bunch of friends accompanied by a good bottle, it's a very good bet.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I've had Poutine from Harvey's quite a few times. It's not that bad honestly. Go and take a bit from McDonald's poutine. They add a bit of sauce in their bucket of salt.

I've never tasted something as salty as McDonald's poutine, I swear.

Well clearly here your problem was ever expecting mcdonalds to have anything good. Like tim hortons or subway, assume it's all 100% garbage and move on. Harveys can at least pull off a decent enough chain quality burger. And anybody that serves poutine in a carboard/paper box should be euthanized.

Try a vegan yam/carrot/parsnip poutine.
Focken horrible

Yikes. Sometimes self respect > hitting your macros, mang.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well clearly here your problem was ever expecting mcdonalds to have anything good. Like tim hortons or subway, assume it's all 100% garbage and move on. Harveys can at least pull off a decent enough chain quality burger. And anybody that serves poutine in a carboard/paper box should be euthanized.

Yikes. Sometimes self respect > hitting your macros, mang.

Ill do anything for some company at night, im a savage.

Reactions: groovejuice

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
My son says poutine is the best thing about Canada. He’s partial to Fatburger lumberjack poutine (without onions though as that’s a veg)

If he ever goes to Montreal or almost anywhere in the province, he'll flip. It's poutine heaven. Poutine everywhere.

My personal favorite is close to the lumberjack, nix the bacon for some ground beef chunks.

There's a place close to where I live, everyone I know is tripping over. They put so much cheese, you need to dig deep to find the fries and sauce. It's like a dish of cheese curds, with fries and sauce on the side. The curd is everything. Majority of poutine aficionados I know will tell you that. A good poutine starts with good cheese curds, a lot of good cheese curds.

There used to be a poutine thread a decade ago here. It got started because of Carolina fans who wanted to know what poutine was.

I have never eaten poutine.

Only explanation is you haven't lived here.

Or you're the bubble boy

Reactions: ArtPeur

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
If he ever goes to Montreal or almost anywhere in the province, he'll flip. It's poutine heaven. Poutine everywhere.

My personal favorite is close to the lumberjack, nix the bacon for some ground beef chunks.

There's a place close to where I live, everyone I know is tripping over. They put so much cheese, you need to dig deep to find the fries and sauce. It's like a dish of cheese curds, with fries and sauce on the side. The curd is everything. Majority of poutine aficionados I know will tell you that. A good poutine starts with good cheese curds, a lot of good cheese curds.

There used to be a poutine thread a decade ago here. It got started because of Carolina fans who wanted to know what poutine was.

Only explanation is you haven't lived here.

Or you're the bubble boy

He loves cheese but usually stronger stuff and no he wouldn’t substitute ground beef chunks, he’s all about the cheese and bacon

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
When he was a toddler he used to climb up the fridge (we had a tall fridge) just to get the Parmesan

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I have never eaten poutine.

WlVVoGZ.gif

Reactions: ArtPeur and yianik

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I'll have to go with gravy and texture. I actually put the least importance on cheese. A lot of different good cheese to play with, but gravy isn't as easy. To me that's key. Need to have tasty gravy. That's why I can't find a half decent poutine here in HK. A lot of good cheese and fries, but their gravy just kills it.
After that, it's the texture and composition. I hate it when they put all the gravy and fries on top, once you chew through that, well it's just plain fries under.
The opposite is also annoying when there's just too much gravy the fries become completely saggy.

Cheese curds is also quite important, but I don't mind it if it's another cheese.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Thats not a poutine though is it? Its like a salad or something.

Poutine cant be poutine without gravy IMO

Well, it's greek, so it has to be special and different from the rest, eheh

The Tzaziki's the gravy. If there's one thing better in this world than gravy, it's Tzaziki.

Stop being a grouch :sarcasm: It sounds tasty right?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
To me the best Poutine is three ingredients only. Crisp golden brown fries, fresh squeaky cheese curds and slightly spicy BBQ sauce. Anything else and it ruins it, I don't care if it's bacon or any other meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad