OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There's two things you can do about that. The first is obviously to use a little extra caution when measuring the flour. The second is to say "fk it", have a nice glass of wine and marvel in delicious masterpiece you just created. :laugh:

That's the way I roll,never found it too messy anyways.

Reactions: groovejuice

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So, I had coworkers smell my date seed "coffee". They could definitely tell it wasn't coffee, but they said the taste was somewhat reminiscent; the biggest difference was that the bitterness was somewhat missing from the smell. I was told coffee was somewhat bitter in a way, which makes sense since i didn't really taste any bitterness when I made a cup.

still leaves a mess with a bunch of flour to clean around the kitchen :(

No kids in the house?

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Had a very Kramer-esque moment earlier while slicing some cooked beef and listening to some tunes having a couple of cold ones. Standing there slicing and one of the pups startled me going between my legs to get what has fallen causing me to slice a finger then knocking over the beer and hitting the french-press on to the floor shattering into a bazillion pieces. A rather alarming amount of blood and the pup is just sitting there chewing away like nothing happened,thanks dog!:madfire:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I want those hotdogs at the BC :sarcasm:

upload_2020-7-9_13-31-6.png

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So I want to make a sandwich from pork ribs but I am unsure what to put in the sandwich. I usually put cheese and stuff like that but I’m not sure it applies here. Besides coleslaw and pickles, what do you suggest?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So I want to make a sandwich from pork ribs but I am unsure what to put in the sandwich. I usually put cheese and stuff like that but I’m not sure it applies here. Besides coleslaw and pickles, what do you suggest?

I'd pass on the cheese personally, and go for a heap of caramelized onions.

Reactions: cphabs

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Are you doing a bbq or teriyaki ribs?

I used to do a teriyaki - green onion thing with burgers. When the patty is pretty much cooked add a bit of teriyaki and green onions and push them lightly into the patty. Flip after 30 seconds and repeat on the other side. Keep repeating until you have a nicely lacquered looking meat. You need a non stick pan and be careful not to ket it burn but if you do it right it looks restaurant quality.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I do mine with a chipotle southwest coleslaw and a few hits of Cholula sauce on a toasted brioche bun. I can’t do burgers without cheese but can’t do pulled pork or brisket with it.

Reactions: cphabs

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What? no pineapple?:jk: Looks good,what is it aside from asparagus?

BTW,I've had pineapple with ham on pizza a few times,thought it was fine,different,but enjoyed it.

To each their own, my friend. I think it's an abomination, but I've been known to be rigorous in my condemnations of a few food pairings. Shell fish and cheese is another. :laugh:

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
To each their own, my friend. I think it's an abomination, but I've been known to be rigorous in my condemnations of a few food pairings. Shell fish and cheese is another. :laugh:

Oh I concur wholeheartedly, everyone has their own taste and perspective and the freedom to express as one would like. Only shellfish with cheese I can think of is coquille st. jaques,if it even has it.Tried it once maybe 30-40 years ago? after some said it was to die for! itty bitty pieces of shrimp and scallop is some sort of sludge that was in a scallop plate to boot! They could have easily have used ants and cockroaches and I wouldn't have been any the wiser.:nod:

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The only fruits (besides those we often misclassify as fruits, such as tomatoes, peppers, olives, etc.) that belongs on a pizza are figs.

Don't @ me.

I assume they're fresh figs - I can imagine with a nice cheese and some salad herbs, maybe arugula, it would be wonderful/

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Prosciutto, goat cheese and figs. Cook. Top with arugula, a drizzle of olive oil and some lemon juice. <3

Would probably be good,but not the way he does it there,always get a Greek salad any time you eat and very often great fries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad