Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not to mention the funky urine smell after.:laugh:

Maybe that's what the song was all about.:laugh:

ynyrd-skkynyrd-stret-survivors-that-smell-lynyrd-skynyrd-produced-by-46886903.png

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Not to mention the funky urine smell after.:laugh:

(couldn't find the 30 Rock vid clip)

Jack: That's where Donaghy Estates comes in. Now as you may have read in Robert Parker's Wine Newsletter, "Donaghy Estates tastes like the urine of Satan after a hefty portion of asparagus."

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Well, I broke out the habanero/tequila cheese known as Rattlesnake for the 4th... It appears that intoxicated people love it! Not so much the next morning... I was on the toilet praying it would stop this morning. I’m not embellishing in the least my friends. Lmao
Sad part? I’ll probably be in the same situation in a few weeks.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
alright, trying to make "coffee" out of date seeds

update : guess it does look like ground coffee, and it has a similar smell but not exactly the same (like, it smells roasted, but a bit sweeter)
849caa7c3c.jpg

though it looks clearer than coffee i guess when infused... (I filtered with cheesecloth since i don't have coffee filters)
019afba87f.jpg

As for the taste, I guess it's alright. Added some milk and some sugar. I don't drink coffee so I can't compare.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
alright, trying to make "coffee" out of date seeds

update : guess it does look like ground coffee, and it has a similar smell but not exactly the same (like, it smells roasted, but a bit sweeter)
849caa7c3c.jpg

though it looks clearer than coffee i guess when infused... (I filtered with cheesecloth since i don't have coffee filters)
019afba87f.jpg

As for the taste, I guess it's alright. Added some milk and some sugar. I don't drink coffee so I can't compare.

Is that what they mean when they say "Date Drug"? :laugh:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Is that what they mean when they say "Date Drug"? :laugh:
:skeptic:
Big fan of filo! buy it, waste of time and money trying to make it. Use it to make Greek baklava and spanikopita.
I honestly feel the same about a lot of pastry/dough stuff. Can be fun from time to time, but I sure as hell am not making bread every week. I don't own a standmixer so this takes even more time and energy when I do (like when I made these baos, must have taken me over 1 hour just to get the dough right)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Big fan of filo! buy it, waste of time and money trying to make it. Use it to make Greek baklava and spanikopita.

Yes, it would take hours to make it. I have done it once, that was enough for the rest of my life and it was not of better flavor either. :)

Reactions: angusyoung

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
:skeptic:

I honestly feel the same about a lot of pastry/dough stuff. Can be fun from time to time, but I sure as hell am not making bread every week. I don't own a standmixer so this takes even more time and energy when I do (like when I made these baos, must have taken me over 1 hour just to get the dough right)

There are ways to get around a lot of the pains of breadmaking.

2020-07-06 06.49.19.jpg

2 nice loaves of light rye made with the same technique as in the link below.

Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes, it would take hours to make it. I have done it once, that was enough for the rest of my life and it was not of better flavor either. :)

Pretty much done with making some items like won-ton wrappers and that, fun the first few times but not jumping around doing cartwheels about the quality.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
So, I had coworkers smell my date seed "coffee". They could definitely tell it wasn't coffee, but they said the taste was somewhat reminiscent; the biggest difference was that the bitterness was somewhat missing from the smell. I was told coffee was somewhat bitter in a way, which makes sense since i didn't really taste any bitterness when I made a cup.

There are ways to get around a lot of the pains of breadmaking.

View attachment 352616

2 nice loaves of light rye made with the same technique as in the link below.

Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread
still leaves a mess with a bunch of flour to clean around the kitchen :(

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So, I had coworkers smell my date seed "coffee". They could definitely tell it wasn't coffee, but they said the taste was somewhat reminiscent; the biggest difference was that the bitterness was somewhat missing from the smell. I was told coffee was somewhat bitter in a way, which makes sense since i didn't really taste any bitterness when I made a cup.

still leaves a mess with a bunch of flour to clean around the kitchen :(

There's two things you can do about that. The first is obviously to use a little extra caution when measuring the flour. The second is to say "fk it", have a nice glass of wine and marvel in delicious masterpiece you just created. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad