OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes it was. The Sqn I was part of at the time was training with MCAS Yuma on aerial gunnery and FARP ops. Nothing far westesque about Yuma though, except maybe those 15-18 camel spiders that decided to chill on aircrew personal gear during one of the nights on EX. Then you saw which pilot was a p***y.

The Mexican restaurant was next to a Discount Tire location. That is all I can remember about the location. Killer tequila selection as well.

The Boneyard outside Tucson is pretty cool also,if you're into planes I guess.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hipster-Beard-Meme-01.jpg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
You really ought to buy him matching Puma socks.

fiNepI8.jpg

I actually got him a rain coat and a sweater, his fur is not that thick. However he doesn't like it, it's like "Seriously, my dog friends will laugh at me." He is quite all-weather but if it gets really cold it will come on. He is so sweet, especially given how much abuse he has had. Several of his teeth has been knocked out. None of those small teeth between the canines are left. One of the canines has been moved a little bit. His scars are really bad, a deep one above his left eye has healed quite roughly, no vet stitches there. His front legs have some bad scars as well. Yet, he is such a nice dog, when I try to play a bit rough he never gives me any small wounds like Snoop did, he simply stops if he feels skin against his teeth.. I have never heard him bark either, that is probably the first thing they beat out of the dogs they try to train for dog fights. He is extremely cuddly, he almost clings on to you. He is good with all other dogs, cats and humans. Useless as a guard dog of course.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I actually got him a rain coat and a sweater, his fur is not that thick. However he doesn't like it, it's like "Seriously, my dog friends will laugh at me." He is quite all-weather but if it gets really cold it will come on. He is so sweet, especially given how much abuse he has had. Several of his teeth has been knocked out. None of those small teeth between the canines are left. One of the canines has been moved a little bit. His scars are really bad, a deep one above his left eye has healed quite roughly, no vet stitches there. His front legs have some bad scars as well. Yet, he is such a nice dog, when I try to play a bit rough he never gives me any small wounds like Snoop did, he simply stops if he feels skin against his teeth.. I have never heard him bark either, that is probably the first thing they beat out of the dogs they try to train for dog fights. He is extremely cuddly, he almost clings on to you. He is good with all other dogs, cats and humans. Useless as a guard dog of course.
Ouch... Poor baby, good to know he's in good hands now, we can only save so many but it's always great to hear about people that can take a broken life and make it a good life, it really is something beautifull... I just brought my 17yo lab for his last visit to to the vet, took lots of $ and time cooking for him (he had really bad digigestion problems early on)... I couldn't even stay with him till the end and i will relive that decision for the rest of my life in a sad way, a part of my soul left with him, it was time but i wish i could've held him till the end... Sidetracking here sorry, i have a lot of respect for what you're doing Per... I changed from larrypacman to gyfu in his honor, "gyfu" was his name, definitely the biggest gift life has given me, his name was the right choice by far...

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I mailed it yesterday, it is a Canadian company. He looked a bit dumbfounded when I swabbed the inside of his cheeks twice. :)View attachment 377167

What are you expecting to learn from this out of curiosity?

Cactus Jack must have been wondering wtf you doing:)

Please please please record it if they ever request a rectal swab:eek2:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Ouch... Poor baby, good to know he's in good hands now, we can only save so many but it's always great to hear about people that can take a broken life and make it a good life, it really is something beautifull... I just brought my 17yo lab for his last visit to to the vet, took lots of $ and time cooking for him (he had really bad digigestion problems early on)... I couldn't even stay with him till the end and i will relive that decision for the rest of my life in a sad way, a part of my soul left with him, it was time but i wish i could've held him till the end... Sidetracking here sorry, i have a lot of respect for what you're doing Per... I changed from larrypacman to gyfu in his honor, "gyfu" was his name, definitely the biggest gift life has given me, his name was the right choice by far...

I feel your pain. When I had to put down Snoop, the guy in my avatar. I went into a deep depression. He was 14 1/2. I couldn't even call the vet without breaking down I was sobbing when I scheduled his last vet visit. He hated vets as well and tried to bite many of them throughout his life, I assume it was the chow part of him. I had to carry him into the vet place, he went from 100 pounds in his prime to 65 lbs when he passed. He growled a last time ( I was so proud of him, the vet hater) when the vet gave him the first shot, then I held him while the vet gave him the 2nd and final one, in a few seconds his gaze went from warm brown eyes to a doll's I was crying my heart out, I did not give a sh** that there were people in the waiting room, cried like I hadn't done since I was a kid. That is the hardest thing with our furry friends, you have to play god.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I see some boxer!

I believe so too. I took him to the dog park and he and a boxer started playing and he has the exact same body albeit a little bit larger as the boxer, that v shaped athletic body and he likes to punch me with his paws. His lower lips also looks boxer like. His foster mom also thought that plus some hound in the the way he tracks and sniffs very close to the ground even taste the ground, some shepherd and some pitt what was she thought as well. From some angles his cheeks are very pitt like and I met a pitt and the owner said, here's your cousin from Oklahoma :). She said he was the nicest dog she ever had fostered, I sent her a picture from Halloween when he was dressed as a lion. I feel this anger and hate towards the people who abused this wonderful pup like this, the only risk you run when meeting this guy is to get spittle all over you when he kisses you. He gave a little kid a big wet lick and the kid's mom loved it and the kid just laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad