The Flyers Look bad.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Coots 3 pts in 11 games. Kopitar 3 pts in 9 games.

Seems like when your #1C isn't playing at career-high level your team gets worse.

No but on a serious note the Flyers are a team you can never trust as long as they're not good defensively. Their offense needs to be on a roll to do well and scoring goals is pretty tough to do. Hopefully they get something going when JvR comes back.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Coots 3 pts in 11 games. Kopitar 3 pts in 9 games.

Seems like when your #1C isn't playing at career-high level your team gets worse.

No but on a serious note the Flyers are a team you can never trust as long as they're not good defensively. Their offense needs to be on a roll to do well and scoring goals is pretty tough to do. Hopefully they get something going when JvR comes back.

they're having **** goaltending

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
*Thread started about how bad the Flyers look*

*Flyers proceed to go on a 10-game unbeaten streak*

*Thread started about how good the Flyers look*
That pretty much much sums up the first 4 months 9f last season on this board. It was obnoxious.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Well goaltending is part of keeping the puck out and the Flyers haven't had a rock in goal in like forever. What do you expect from Elliott-Neuvirth.
yup I think they got an elite goalie in Hart, but he just needs time, and there goaltending will be very good.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Agreed the defense is veryviverated by Canucks fans but carter hart is a hell of a goalie. That's most likely one hole filled.
What has Hart done to say he will likely be a good starting goalie? Goalies are more difficult to project than skaters and his numbers are very bad in the AHL at the moment.

Reactions: Critical91

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
What has Hart done to say he will likely be a good starting goalie? Goalies are more difficult to project than skaters and his numbers are very bad in the AHL at the moment.
They are more difficult to project but he is arguably the best goalie prospect in the league.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Claude Giroux is a horrible leader. It's kind if silly to look back on the hype this guy had several years ago.

He's not to blame for all of their problems year after year, but they sure seem to quit on coaches a lot with Giroux at the helm. Way to go Captain Claude.

Reactions: Gazorpazorp

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I recall when Hextall was appointed he proudly declared that Hakstol is his guy and he'll stick with him.

I have a feeling that Hakstol won't be fired until Hextall will.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Flyers, if they continue to be smart, are focused on 2-4 years down the road. If they are focused on winning this year, then they should be in big big organizational trouble. That team is going to be damn good in a couple of years. They should be bad right now.

But the type of bad that may be good to watch because they have a lot of natural talent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers, if they continue to be smart, are focused on 2-4 years down the road. If they are focused on winning this year, then they should be in big big organizational trouble. That team is going to be damn good in a couple of years. They should be bad right now.

But the type of bad that may be good to watch because they have a lot of natural talent.
You're not wrong about 2-4 years from now, imo. But the problem is that it's been 2-4 years for the last 2-4 years.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
you can't be a run and gun team without goaltending. you just can't. at the same time you can't blame your goalie for being hung out to dry. it's a slippery slope.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
You're not wrong about 2-4 years from now, imo. But the problem is that it's been 2-4 years for the last 2-4 years.
yup.

3-years away from being 3-years away.
it's been the organizations motto for the last 5-years. And it looks like we're another 3-years away.

Reactions: mmvvpp

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I would really like to see Anderson behind this team in net to see if it helps. Ottawa wants to rebuild ie not spend money and Philly could get him super cheap is my guess. I think it’s worth a try for them.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I would really like to see Anderson behind this team in net to see if it helps. Ottawa wants to rebuild ie not spend money and Philly could get him super cheap is my guess. I think it’s worth a try for them.
Anderson would just get lit up.

The hidden lore here is that it's not really 100% the goaltenders fault.

our supposed "awesome future is so bright gonna rival Calgary as the best d core in the NHL" defense is arguably the worst it has been since 2006-07.
They have been that bad.

Provy is my waifu, but he looks like 50% the player he was. Sanheim shows flashes of his hype, but then he looks like a complete simp with defensive blunders (which is funny because many touted he supposed high hockey IQ. First goal today was him making another low IQ play).
Ghost is what he is defensively and that is the trade off seeing as he's one of the best offensive dmen in the world... but when he's not facilitating offense he's a negative benefit on the ice.

Outside of Philippe Myers, the defensive prospect cavalry is here.... and we've allowed more goals than teams who aren't even trying to be competitive. This was supposed to a be a year we took a step forward. Pathetic.

They need a new system at the least to try and save some of these young careers. But that won't happen. We've look awful this year and just got BTFO in our own building and there is a Western Road Trip coming up.... and the coach is getting on the plane to coach the team on said road trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad