Recalled/Assigned: The Flyers have assigned forward Eric Wellwood to the Phantoms (AHL) - Wedn., March 6

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095

WELLWOOD UP
The Flyers have recalled forward Eric Wellwood from their AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, this morning.

Wellwood is at the team's morning skate at Madison Square Garden and will be available to play in tonight's Flyers-Rangers game. He will wear No. 11.

Wellwood has six goals and 12 points in 43 games with the Phantoms this season.

He appeared in the first four games with the Flyers this season before being loaned to Adirondack. He went scoreless and averaged 9:25 of ice time with the Flyers.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
A couple of recent comments by Sam @ Inq.:

Knuble not with extras, so it appears he is in tonight.

14 minsSam Carchidi‏@BroadStBull

Wellwood may be just an extra player. Knuble has been healthy scratch last two games and needs to play. #Flyers

Yukon Cornelius*

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Wellwood. He's the epitome of a guy handcuffed by positional and organizational depth. Everyone locks onto his speed but I think he's shown real poise at times during his call-ups.

If he was ever moved, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him blossom on another team's 3rd line.

RJ8812*

Wellwood is the lesser of two evils (Knuble)

but is there really not anyone else on the Phantoms we can re-call? That's friggin sad

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Not a wellwood fan. i honestly would prefer Knuble over him just for his experience and leadership. Have him play like 8 minutes and hope he doesn't take a stupid penalty.

I think the phantoms have better options though and i'm really puzzled as to why they aren't getting the call. i could see akeson doing decently on Couts wing with Gags on the other side or Noebels even being a better option then Wellwood.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Wellwood is the lesser of two evils (Knuble)

but is there really not anyone else on the Phantoms we can re-call? That's friggin sad

Wellwood is perfectly fine in a bottom six role. Doesn't make sense to bring up Akeson or Noebels if they're getting spoonfed ice time. Wellwood knows his role and plays it well. As others have said, he should be in over Knuble. As much as I like Mike, he's done.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I'm in the group hoping Wellwood starts over Knuble.

I went to the Phantoms vs Hershey Bears game last weekend when they got shutout 3-0. Wellwood was CLEARLY our best player on the team and was the only one making things happen out there.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Wellwood belongs. If I was a Flyers opponent, I would much rather try to execute against a crafty traffic cone like Knuble than a smart, speedy checker like Wellwood.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Another thing to consider is that in Harry Z's absence, the four games will be played in six days including back-to-back games this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad