TV: The Flash (CW)

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Am I the only one that really enjoys wells acting range? The guy goes from super serious scientific, to mad genius, to genius, father, worthless goofball, etc . hes pretty much the only redeeming quality this show has

I've said it before but this guy has played a lot of different versions of one character and his acting is on point. His Season 1 performance was amazing and Harry in S2 as well was on point.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Tom Cavanagh is the best thing about the show, IMO. There's a lot of good actors in it, but he consistently takes the cake - and playing so many variations of the "same person" is the manifestation of that.

Season 1's villainous Dr. Wells remains the gold standard, though.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Flash and Arrow could be so good this week. Really trying not to get too hyped but damn. Got some good theories to happen tonight and tomorrow some sweet fights!

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Flash and Arrow could be so good this week. Really trying not to get too hyped but damn. Got some good theories to happen tonight and tomorrow some sweet fights!

Flash has been pretty good the last few weeks and I'm finding I'm looking forward to Flash more than Arrow. Arrow will be pretty good too though, with Slade returning and all.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Good finale decent season. Better then 2 not as good as the 1st.

They name dropped devoe a few times this season wonder if he's the s4 big bad

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Good finale.

Torn on the end though cause I don't think next season will all be [spoil]without Barry[/spoil] so it almost takes away some of the feeling. But excited to see how far they go with the development of other stuff.

Also at the end I totally thought they were about to go Rebirth when you first see everything going crazy.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
That was so bad how anyone can say that junk was a good episode is truly crazy

Only good part was the last five minutes hoping for Godspeed and devoe

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Him jumping into the savitar suit was sick. Wish he kept it.

Final was meh.

Him just realizing you can phase through the suit made this whole season more ridiculous

Does anybody remember when savitar was so fast they couldn't see him? Lol

They didn't even explain how he made the suit nothing about the suit in this episode

How he got those scars lol

Apparently he knows the black Flash's weakness haha but the reverse flash does not really ???

So many plot holes

-When the brought savitars armor they didn't even explain any of that

Another huge problem I have does anybody remember savitar saying Jesse quick your time is coming what ????? So are we just going to forget that whole thing.

These writers got so freaking lazy

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The story was a bit of a mess, as is usually the case when these shows try too hard to weave a tangled web with too large of an expansive cast of characters. Similar gripes to be found with Arrow and Supergirl, to be sure.

The cast and their performances keep this from being a total dud, and the special FX in the episode were pretty strong. I like that Barry rebelled against the propensity to "go dark" and tried to appeal to his doppleganger's heart.

The ending just seemed tacked on to force us into a cliffhanger. Yes, Barry ultimately was responsible for a lot of things going wrong this year for a lot of people. But sentencing him to an eternity in the Speed Force as a result after he had just worked his tail off to set everything to being as right as possible seems odd. And this whole "Speed Force Prison" concept is just utterly insane as well. There has to be a Speedster in there at all times? What about before Barry locked Savitar in there in the first place?

Anyway. We'll see Barry again, I'm sure. The Speed Force is a sentient entity and I'm sure it will come up with some "purpose" for Barry in terms of allowing him back out. But in the meantime, it looks like Kid Flash is Central City's new hero. We'll see how he does.

No Speedster villains with shocking secret identities in Season 4, please. Personally, I would love to see more of the Rogues' Gallery - Captain Cold, Heatwave, Grodd, King Shark, etc. etc...having all of these people be a thorn in the side of the Flash and Co. and generally having the show feel more like the fun comic book it did in the first season would be refreshing.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I would love to see more of Snart but sadly will not happen with his contract and the fact he moved over to Legends. He should be a staple of The Flash. I'll be happy to see him at least once or twice a season though. He's too good.

I wonder if Flash will see anything of a Suicide Squad in Season 4 after that scene in the previous episode. Just as easily could have been a small fanservice scene.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Really hope they're willing to commit for at least half a season.

No speedster villain in season 4 doesn't give me much hope. Everyone else looks like a chump next to super speed.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I still want to know what his plans were for Jesse's quick

But those flash writers forgot lol

He said he has plans for her in the future. He's dead now so don't think those plans will happen/you will find out unless he is alive somehow in some time and it takes place in another season.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Wasn't a good season. Weakest of the 4 DC CW shows.

Changes are already coming with Aaron Helbing Out:
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/22/aaron-helbing-off-the-flash-in-season-4/

Stay away from Speedsters next season as the main villain and I'd love to see them go all Mirror Universe Star Trek: Enterprise and have a new intro for Season 4, but Wally doing the narration. The Enterprise intro for that episode was one of the most well done period.

Another thing they have to do is to stop making the previous season's villain so weak by the next season. Reverse Flash turned into a bad guy of the week in season 2 (yes it was an earlier version but still) yet the Legends had problems with him all year and Black Flash was chasing Reverse Flash all of this season on Legends yet they go Mortal Kombat fatality on him the second he comes out of the portal. Weak sauce.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don't understand why Barry had to be the one to go to the Speed Force Prison. OK, so it needs a speedster. Well, Garrick was the last one in there and specifically told Barry that he'd take his place since Barry still had a life to live. But I guess that's just being overlooked?

Though I'm sure the writers noticed it about halfway through, since Barry gave his goodbyes to everyone that was out there...except Garrick. Would be kind of awkward to suddenly have the audience remember that loophole.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I don't understand why Barry had to be the one to go to the Speed Force Prison. OK, so it needs a speedster. Well, Garrick was the last one in there and specifically told Barry that he'd take his place since Barry still had a life to live. But I guess that's just being overlooked?

Though I'm sure the writers noticed it about halfway through, since Barry gave his goodbyes to everyone that was out there...except Garrick. Would be kind of awkward to suddenly have the audience remember that loophole.

Barry was the one who caused it and didn't the speed force lecture Barry about letting other people bear his burdens on their shoulders? How Barry tried to put saving Iris onto Wally instead of himself.

I think the speed force prison wouldn't be fully resolved unless it was Barry the one who went in and with whatever is going to take place with it next season happens.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
They're not going to go 10+ episodes without Barry. I give it 2 eps max.

I can't see that. I hope they learned their lesson after Flashpoint.

If they want any impact, they go at least half a season without him.

I may end up skipping four now that they've announced no speedster villain though. There's no one other than speedsters than can challenge The Flash Family.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I can't see that. I hope they learned their lesson after Flashpoint.

If they want any impact, they go at least half a season without him.

I may end up skipping four now that they've announced no speedster villain though. There's no one other than speedsters than can challenge The Flash Family.

I don't know if it's confirmed or not but they name-dropped The Thinker a couple times this season. Grodd if done right can be a really good main villain though he has been used a little bit already in small doses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad