Line Combos: The First Lineups Thread

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
It will be interesting to see how many more roster changes there are before the season opener.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Here are Haula's stats as a winger, from a time when he wasn't forced to be a defensive center: http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

He had the highest scoring over time in the Wild that season (5v5/4vs5 only since Haula has never played PP).

When McPhee said he has a underrated offensive upside I got tear of joy in my eyes.

Obviously more defensive responsibility at center, so I'd expect his points to be higher, but his overall game was simply so much better at center, it wasn't even close. Plus he's their best face off man to boot.

He's simply a better player at center.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Honestly it's still too early but I'd be looking for the top 9 to look something like this

Neal Shipachyov R.Smith
(Leipsic/Perron) Lindberg Marchessault
Haula Eakin (Leipsic/Perron)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Shipachyov - Marchessault - Neal

Ship has played LW in the KHL and March is more familiar with NHL face-offs, so don't be surprised if this is a line early on.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Shipachyov - Marchessault - Neal

Ship has played LW in the KHL and March is more familiar with NHL face-offs, so don't be surprised if this is a line early on.

That's a pretty solid line. I don't think Marchessault hits 30 again but I could see him doing the opposite this time 20 g 30 a. I just wonder how he'll be defensively I'm not entirely sure the last time he played center.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
That's a pretty solid line. I don't think Marchessault hits 30 again but I could see him doing the opposite this time 20 g 30 a. I just wonder how he'll be defensively I'm not entirely sure the last time he played center.

I don't think he will play center, but there are a number of wingers who take draws and then switch with the center after the puck drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->