Speculation: The First Annual Who Will The Boston Bruins Trade/Buyout Before/During/After the Draft/Free Agency

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
1. Bjork for Chiasson
2. DeBrusk + for Nurse
3. Moore to Seattle - for a 4rth round pick
4. Ritchie to San Jose for a 3rd round pick
5. Krug to Detroit ( negotiating rights )

Sleepers
Carlo + for Boeser

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can't see Donny trading the two/three players he hit on from the 2015 when everybody talks about who he missed.
I don't know.... competition can be odd sometimes.

Little known story...... Mike Milbury and Donny were having a beer back in early 2015. Having both been Bruins defenders and GM's they have a lot in common. Anyway, Mike was laughing and bragging about some of the moves he made on the Island and how he totally turned the NHL on its' head.

Donny says something like "Hey, everyone makes bad moves. Everyone. Don't be so f***ing arrogant. I could make you look like a comparative genius at this years' draft alone.... easy.". Mike counters with "You do not have the balls. Big talk, but without balls, it means nothing". Donny laughs and says "f*** you I don't". Etc., etc., etc. You all have been in countless idiotic conversations with your friends, that get out of hand like this -- you know it.

Anyway ... fast forward. Donny likes to tell Mike about the time he went up to the podium and just banged off three quick anti consensus picks..... "Boom, boom, boom. I had Pierre McGuire pulling out what little hair he had left out in clumps! Ha Ha Ha". Mike just says two words.... "Yashin and DePietro" and motions for a slam dunk. Donny just glares.

I really worry that Donny is going to move DeBrusk and Carlo for the contract rights to Clarkson and Horton.

Competition is competition after all....

Reactions: PepeBostones

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Meh, go nuts. Pastrnak for Point.

Tbay gets some cost certainty dealing from a position of strength. Boston fixes their long term no top line centre problem.

Deal Krejci for a pick or two.

Sign Hall. Add Dillon. Leaves some room on the roster for the young guys to prove they belong still.

No clue if the money works. I’m not an accountant.

Pray it all works out in the wash.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Well, I guess I better change my original list from a week ago now that Krug's rights are all but certain to be traded and late-comer folks here have that as the top of their lists. :laugh:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Besides Krug, my list looks a little something like this:

1.) Trade Rask to open up cap space and replace him with someone younger like Markstrom
2.) Offer sheet Anthony Cerilli away from Tampa
3.) move off pieces like John Moore and Chris Wagner to make room for the young guys
4.) Flip DeBrusk or Krejci to reset the top 6
5.) Throw money at Alex Pietrangelo for a new big defenseman to fill in for Chara

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Hall and Dillon signed

Krugs rights will be dealt to STL or DET ( leaning DET)

Moore, Bjork, Debrusk dealt

Rask will be brought back with the notion it’s his last year here regardless if he puts up numbers or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad