The Fire John Hynes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Okay I’m fully on board the train now. When everyone is out of excuses and reasons, Hynes has to go. This is beyond embarrassing.

Reactions: glenwo2

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
it is true that 4 of the 5 teams we've played have 1 regulation loss between them

ok so we can't beat good teams is what we are saying..? then why the hell did we sign PK ? making excuses right now is nauseating... then friggin trade hall today before he gets hurt.. if we can't beat good teams there is no point in keeping half this roster.. start the rebuild over again.. this is the dumbest crap I have ever heard.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
upload_2019-10-14_15-50-29.jpeg

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The team is secondary, the purchase was for the arena. That is what makes them money, not the team.

Both are important and the owners aren't going to sit on their hands and lose millions in revenue because it's their secondary concern.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Long time member, but I haven’t posted in a while. Read through the whole thread. After today, there literally is no justification to keep Hynes. He’s a nice guy. But this is a business, and we can’t afford another MacLean season.

Back then, Lamoriello hesitated because of who Johnny Mac was. Here, I worry Shero’s obvious bias toward his Pitt guys will lead to longer rope. I hope not. Shero can’t come coach like Lamoriello could either, so I’m not sure who they put behind the bench. Either way, it can’t get any worse.

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2017
Both are important and the owners aren't going to sit on their hands and lose millions in revenue because it's their secondary concern.

The arena is important the team is secondary, the larger ROI is the arena, not the team. Sports franchises are not lucrative businesses they are barely break-even endeavors in the best of times. They see Newark as an area that may gentrify, they get a foothold in the NYC market, and are able to market the Prudential Center and its events to some of the wealthiest communities in America.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This isn’t baseball where you can in theory make more money with a bad team than a good one. Costs in the NHL are essentially fixed. So winning provide extra revenue.

NJD4ever

Oct 14, 2019
Been a fan since the Devs came to the Meadowlands in '82.
First I can't believe the Devils gave Hynes a contract extension. Could we not find an NHL coach?? 5 years @ Wilkes Barre win % .500. 4 years in NJ win % < .500. Time to clean house...including Shero if necessary. The Devs are taking some good young talent and pissing it away. Hynes answer is always "we've got to play better"....really?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I was kidding about Juuka Jalonen but since no other NHL coach is fired at this point and since he's technically not coaching at the moment...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
thats all well and good but that doesn't mean that they don't want to win

thats an absurd insinuation.

It also doesn't mean they won't lose money if the team continues to fail year after year. The secondary market for this year's tickets is ALREADY a joke. I'm sure renewals had to have been down and they'll sink like a stone with another lottery year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->