[The Final] Thank You Brassgod

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
One of the best clutch players the past several post-seasons. Always showed up when no-one else was.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
cfd.jpg

This.
I could care less that zibanejed is younger. brass is a proven playoff performer and consistant as hell. Zibanejed crracked 40 and 50 points one time. Brassard has almost had 60 back to back.

Unless we magically aquire the sedins for dirt, getting rid of brassard was just garbage.

I'll never forget that clapper against MTL in the playoffs. :cry:

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Guy played his ass off for this team. Will root for him in Ottawa. Thanks, Derick!

As a Sens fan this is good to hear. I'll be honest, I dont know much about DB but look forward seeing him in a Sens jersey.

If you are not familiar with Zib he can, at times, leave you wanting more. His slap shot is heavy, very heavy. In fact, he is probably in the upper echelon of shots in the entire league however his accuracy is questionable.

He is big and strong but doesnt always use his size to his advantage. All in all he is a solid second line center...I wish him and the Rangers all the best.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Favorite forward on the team. Sucks to see him go. Will remmeber all those amazing playoff moments he had coming up with huge goals. Lets not underestimate this Ranger fans.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Loved the guy. I remember defending him multiple times the year after we got him when he had that cold streak and lots of folks were dumping on him. Loved his passion, and the fact that he showed up in the playoffs.

Personally, I believe the deal was a huge win for the Rangers, and the type of move they had/have to make, but it does suck to see him go. Glad he's going to a place where he'll be a better fit, and wish him nothing but the best there.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You guys think MSG will do a tribute for him for his first game back at garden?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Who would've guessed Brass would become one of the most electric players to play in the garden so far this decade.

Sad to see him go. Hope he puts up 70 points with Karlsson.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Was just wondering this. I don't remember all too well, but I don't think they did one for Cally.

I thought they did one for Cally.

I believe they did one for Hagelin.

I think Brass has cemented himself into the fanbase and team that he would get one. Lots of memorable moments from the past few years come from him, so it at least makes for a good tribute video.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Who would've guessed Brass would become one of the most electric players to play in the garden so far this decade.

Sad to see him go. Hope he puts up 70 points with Karlsson.

Hope he puts up 0 against us and I hope he commits a bunch of stupid offensive zone penalties against us and we score on the ensuing PP.

Love the man, but that's how it goes now. :P

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ouch. :laugh:

See this is why I only get merch that's not player specific, or are from guys who have long since retired. Hank being the one notable exception. Though Jags pulled one over on me when he came back from Russia.

Plus there's that whole getting a jersey for a guy who is younger than me thing. But we won't talk about that. :laugh:

I have a Henrik Stadium series t-shirt but that was a gift.

As far as the bold... I am rapidly approaching that age Brassard and I are 1 year apart.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
One of the rare Rangers who leaves on better terms with the fans than he arrived on.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Thank you BrassGod, you turned into one of my favorite Rangers over the last decade and of all time. Wish we could have won a cup with you here :(

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Going to miss this guy big time but this is business. Best of luck BrassGod.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I will forever remember how awesome he was for us in our 2014 run and his first game as a Ranger. What a time. Thank you, Brassgod for some great memories!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'll also miss BrassGod gifs and also him playing the trumphet.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Sad to see Brass go. A great trade for the Rangers, but, it sucks that he was 't part of a Cup winner. What stands out to me is what a Penguin-killer he was, starting with the day he got here. That and Game 6 against the Bolts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad