Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
jtuzzi21 said:
His maximum potential is 2nd line Center, easily. He will probably play the third line because of Vancouver's depth chart. He will be third line not because of lack of skill, but because he excells at the 3rd line role.

He has equal skill as a few players on this list, and will be a better NHL'er then a bunch of them.

maybe..but bear in mind...you're speaking with a mother's love, right now. there's a lot of guys i would have liked to have seen on there..but i accept that *my* opinion of them is biased...like yours is of kesler. otherwise, I'd be raging as to why Simon Gamache's 55 points in 42 games isn't enough to get him on the list.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
nomorekids said:
maybe..but bear in mind...you're speaking with a mother's love, right now. there's a lot of guys i would have liked to have seen on there..but i accept that *my* opinion of them is biased...like yours is of kesler. otherwise, I'd be raging as to why Simon Gamache's 55 points in 42 games isn't enough to get him on the list.
Point taken..it still is just a list...and that means nothing. Most of these guys have great potential...but many of them are not going to reach it.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
nomorekids said:

Well, when Upshall makes it on there but Kesler doesn't, you have to scratch you head a bit.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Legionnaire said:
Well, when Upshall makes it on there but Kesler doesn't, you have to scratch you head a bit.

Not necessarily. Kesler was called, from the start, a "good third liner, decent second liner" whereas Upshall was called "good second liner, at worst third liner." Upshall's skills aren't in question...his tendency to get injured is.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
nomorekids said:
Not necessarily. Kesler was called, from the start, a "good third liner, decent second liner" whereas Upshall was called "good second liner, at worst third liner." Upshall's skills aren't in question...his tendency to get injured is.
Like I said earlier..Kesler is a third liner because he is such a talented defensive player. He has the skills and potential to be a 2nd liner, but will be much more effective in a shutdown role. Would you say Jeff Friesen is a more effective player for the Devils than John Madden? Friesen is a 2nd liner because is there to score. Madden can score, but he is so effective that he excells on the third line. I can't really convey what I'm trying to make a point of, but hopefully you understand.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
jtuzzi21 said:
Like I said earlier..Kesler is a third liner because he is such a talented defensive player. He has the skills and potential to be a 2nd liner, but will be much more effective in a shutdown role. Would you say Jeff Friesen is a more effective player for the Devils than John Madden? Friesen is a 2nd liner because is there to score. Madden can score, but he is so effective that he excells on the third line. I can't really convey what I'm trying to make a point of, but hopefully you understand.
Kesler is a safe prospect and he should be a solid NHLer, but there are BETTER prospects out there, with more upside...

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
i dont speak english very well , i'm from quebec

kost had a better potential offensive , he coulb be a franchise player whot can score 35-40 goals ! he his explosive , and had know a very good tournament with one of the poor team ... did jeff carter , wiill be good if hew play for biolorussie , its the question

i prefer getzalf than carter !

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
gars59 said:

kost had a better potential offensive , he coulb be a franchise player whot can score 35-40 goals ! he his explosive , and had know a very good tournament with one of the poor team ... did jeff carter , wiill be good if hew play for biolorussie , its the question

Carter was one of the best players on one of the best teams in the WJC for the last 2 years. He's been a top player in the OHL for 3 years. He is a big, BIG kid and has all the tools to be a superstar in the NHL. Don't get me wrong, I like Kostitsyn, but Carter at the moment is definitely a better prospect in the eyes of the hockey educated majority.

In my opinion Carter could be a few spots higher on this list.

And in case you like stats:

Kostitsyn (currently) has 6 goals in 32 AHL regular season games.
Cater has 4 goals in 12 AHL playoff games. Look it up

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
gars59 said:

You don't think Carter could score 40 goals, or hit 70-90 points in the NHL; in his prime?

Vic Rattlehead*

gars59 said:
for me perezhogin hads a better potential then Robbie Schremp for example

i dont like to see jeff carter over Andrei Kostitsyn

TOO BAD! Get used to it.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
kost dont speak en glish , his family had no visa , he had ton adapt to the style of north america and he play in 4th line

i know that carter is a safe prospect but kost had a better potential

Vic Rattlehead*

gars59 said:
I'm a habs fan.I'm a habs fan.I'm a habs fan.I'm a habs fan.I'm a habs fan.

That's all I saw from your post. Carter will be better than Kostitsyn.

EDIT--- Don't get upset, just kidding around. ;)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
GagneOwnsYou said:
The real joke on this list is the continued overrating of Zach Parise, 13?

he's having a pretty great year in the AHL. i mean...i know that a lot of people around here are more impressed by junior numbers...but...Parise is right where he should be, IMO.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
GagneOwnsYou said:
The real joke on this list is the continued overrating of Zach Parise, 13?

About right where he should be. I prefer him to some of the names above him, in fact.

Overall, I can't say I agree with many things on this list. Parise at 13 was one of the better calls. Might even be two or three spots higher on my list.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
How the hell is Patrick O'Sullivan that low? Not only is he having a great year, he's the one of the only reason's why the IceDogs have been doing extremely well.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm a bit surprised not to see Mike Richards on the list. I know some might think he has limited potential, but I certainly could see him being a 60 point second line center with a great overall game. He would've made my list.

As for Parise, we'll see how his size translates to the NHL game. I think he's going to be a good player, a solid #2 center behind Gomez, but he'd rank below quite a few guys on my list, I'd have him at around 20. I think that Carter could certainly be in the top ten of this list and I'd have him above Parise (yes, i'm a flyers fan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->