The Expansion Draft. How do you want/see it go for the Flyers

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Ideally they take JVR. Then we trade Voracek at the draft for defensive help. That takes 15 mil of the books for a significant splash. Then you hope that Patrick can hold down a 3rd line centre role, Frost joins the team and makes an impact. Pick up a quality backup.

Allison , Frost , Laczynski called up.

Provorov - (Help)
Sanheim - Myers
York - Ghost
Morin

This team looks very much like what Holmgren turned around in his tenure. Lots of young talent, loads of draft picks. Its time to go spending or sit in mediocrity for the next 10 years

But dont you think they would sign another HAYES to a huge contract. That would be even longer medicrity

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
In my view he has shown exactly what he is now. All trades and signings are mediocre at best. He hasnt any cojones! Make a impact trade! Let a middle sixer go cause he want to much term or money. Nisky retired and we are a young team lets make a splash for a very good #2. Patrick and Oscar are somewhat of a question mark so we need to look for other solutions. Hart is very young and Elliot is too old. We need another goalie in the ahl other than Lyon who wasnt anything ever.

His highest bid is to be that good that he cant be fired. Be solid all around. Nothing more nothing less.

I dont care for this looser anymore

FULLSTOP

Reactions: Rebels57

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I think Seattle may very well take Ghost unless the Flyers protect him over Myers (very unlikely), or move him before the expansion draft (unlikely). Ghost has been playing pretty well lately and I think he is a borderline elite PP pointman (even/despite if AV disagrees). At $4.5M with cap room to eat up, to me he is a no brainer for Seattle. His skillset will be needed there and his contract isn't bad. The Flyers are probably hoping he takes JVR first, Ghost second or Jake third. I don't think they will spend on JVR or Jake. Their contracts may be seen as too onerous. NAK/Braun/Morin (UFA so they would need assurances of signing) would be a very easy fall back position for them.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I think Seattle may very well take Ghost unless the Flyers protect him over Myers (very unlikely), or move him before the expansion draft (unlikely). Ghost has been playing pretty well lately and I think he is a borderline elite PP pointman (even/despite if AV disagrees). At $4.5M with cap room to eat up, to me he is a no brainer for Seattle. His skillset will be needed there and his contract isn't bad. The Flyers are probably hoping he takes JVR first, Ghost second or Jake third. I don't think they will spend on JVR or Jake. Their contracts may be seen as too onerous. NAK/Braun/Morin (UFA so they would need assurances of signing) would be a very easy fall back position for them.
Ghost is worth nothing like NAK cause both was on waivers and both cleared. Think Ghost should retire now. Maybe in a phantoms jersey when he helped them win some games in the next weeks

Seattle will take Laughts cause swiss army knife natural born leader and cheap as hell.

Fixed for you all :sarcasm:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
I would use prospects to get drafts choices next summer and ameliorate my first rounder. And get as much second rounder or third with actual players in the team. For 2021 and 2022 drafts.

Maybe we can manage to get a big name that Will change the dynamic at défense position in the free agents.

And then at the end of 2021-2022 season you bring in York. And then you make the playoffs.

Youd hope Ahl guys are ready.
I want to see Wisdom, Rattcliff with a couple of games, and Millman too.
If Zamula progress. It would be A significative advancement for This organisation too.

Réorganisation of the forwards would be A nécessity.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing to pontificate on is how Seattle plays the draft. Do they do it the same as Vegas where they gave everyone a chance to keep a player they were going to take? Because that worked out for Vegas. I have a hard time seeing Ron Francis being cutthroat with other GM’s.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
My thinking

JVR - possible. But that 7 mil price tag is going to scare them away IMO.

Voracek - if he's not protected he easily gets taken IMO

Ghost - I can't see them taking a player who Fletcher would willingly give them for free as per the waiving scenario.

Patrick- he's been a bit of a mess this year. Better options on the table

Lindblom - 3 mil cap hit for a player that might not recover his pre-condition form. Risky move for a new team.

Laughton - solid middle 6 player who provides a lot of intangibles. Locked down for 5 years at a reasonable cap hit. Has captained junior teams, obvious voice in the flyers dressing room. I think if Voracek is protected and Laughton isn't, its a no brainer.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
If Patrick is not protected he would be grabbed immediately. He will be protected (or traded in a larger package).

Laughton will be protected ( probably a gentleman’s agreement on signing the contract).

Voracek? They might take him as a skilled and respected vet, but the back end of that contract will probably drive them away (unless they think they can contend right away like Vegas did).

JVR? Maybe, his term isn’t long. He could give them a PP net front presence and has played well this year, but I think it unlikely.

NAK, Braun, Hagg, Bunny, etc. cheap and disposable, so possibly.

Ghost wasn’t taken on waivers only because no one who could have used him could afford his contract at the time. Seattle wasn’t part of the waiver process. He would be a good fit there with a reasonable cap hit and would competently run the PP for them. He has played better than AV thinks he has and the underlying numbers including my eye test show it. I think he is the guy to go. If I were Francis, he’d be the pick provided Patrick wasn’t a choice.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
It looks like Sandstrom isn’t progressing as hoped. However there is the recovering Ustiemenko who showed well prior to being hurt. Then there is Ersson who may well end up being the best of the goalie batch.

I meant before this season he should have done more to prevent goalie Problems. Hart, Moose, Lyon was risky already before Hart has gone cold. What if Moose or hart would have been injured 3.months or have gotten the virus?

You cant plan with Lyon as the third goalie.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
giphy.gif

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Shed Voracek and JVR and trade whatever it costs for Eichel+Jones.

York+Frost+Patrick+Zamula+Forester+2021/2022 1st/2nd Round picks should all be on table this year if those players become available.

Giroux-Eichel-Farabee
Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny
Laughton-Hayes-X

Provorov-Jones
Sanheim-Myers
Morin-Ghost

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Automatically protected:
Farabee
Frost
Tanner

Protected Forwards:
Giroux (NMC)
Voracek
Hayes (NMC)
Konecny
Couts
Laughton
Lindblom

Protected D-men:
Provy
Sanheim
Ghost/Myers (one or the other)

Protected Goalie:
Hart

Exposing JVR after having a good year could really help be a good lure for Seattle. They do need to hit the cap floor and I don't think his contract is THAT unreasonable for his output. A bit overpriced, but reasonable for them. Another part to go to this, how many other high contract players will Seattle take to help hit the floor?
I like NAK, but I do think he's more of a dime a dozen kind of player compared to some of the others being protected.
I want to give Patrick another shot, but... I think there are better players as of right now to hold onto, so he could definitely be seen as a restoration project for Seattle.
While I like what I've seen from Morin, I think him, along with Braun and Hagg are very easy to expose to this draft.

For players coming into their own, young players like Tanner, Frost, Farabee, Zamula, York, Allison, Wisdom, Foerster and a few others can definitely take a run at getting time next year to see what they're made off to. Future is looking good.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I don't care how this shakes out, there's no doubt in my mind Fletcher won't be able to make this team a contender, there's nothing in his approach or track record that says he can make a savvy move or even a competent one, I'm starting to believe he was a safe hire not a real "let's win a cup" hire, f*** him, f*** the coaching staff, and f*** the front office for destroying the team that I love, wasting G's career, wasting a decade on a fake-ass rebuild and promising the future will be great, I wish I was a multi, multi millionaire I'd buy the franchise and make MSE the President, Cap the GM, Beefy the coach, and make Deadhead and Striiker the assistant coaches, obviously when Striiker graduates high school, and I kid you not that crew could do a better job than what is going on right now

Coalregion12

Mar 15, 2021
I don't care how this shakes out, there's no doubt in my mind Fletcher won't be able to make this team a contender, there's nothing in his approach or track record that says he can make a savvy move or even a competent one, I'm starting to believe he was a safe hire not a real "let's win a cup" hire, f*** him, f*** the coaching staff, and f*** the front office for destroying the team that I love, wasting G's career, wasting a decade on a fake-ass rebuild and promising the future will be great, I wish I was a multi, multi millionaire I'd buy the franchise and make MSE the President, Cap the GM, Beefy the coach, and make Deadhead and Striiker the assistant coaches, obviously when Striiker graduates high school, and I kid you not that crew could do a better job than what is going on right now

After that press conference and the way the team played, the Organization has to fire AV immedicately. He is mentally out of it. The team has quit playing for him. The bigger problem is who do you put in to replace him for rest of season?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->