TV: The Expanse Season 4

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
That was a pretty good finale. I'm glad there wasn't a cliche cliffhanger to end it. (I mean, we gotta wait until 2019 probably till next season anyways)
I remember how excited when I finished Abaddon's Gate and the possibility of mankind being able to colonize a couple thousand star systems(aside from alien mysteries). It's pretty cool, and they could do all sorts of potential stories with it.
That one thing at the end was kinda spooky though. :eek:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Just wanted to say that this thread is what pushed me to click play on this show on Netflix after being in my queue for a while. Only watched through season 2 but it's been really enjoyable.

I'm not typically into Sci-Fi, or I'm very picky, but this one is very cool. I like that it is grounded in a world that includes Earth as a major player and isn't set in some bizarre corner of a distant galaxy. It's relatable.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just wanted to say that this thread is what pushed me to click play on this show on Netflix after being in my queue for a while. Only watched through season 2 but it's been really enjoyable.

I'm not typically into Sci-Fi, or I'm very picky, but this one is very cool. I like that it is grounded in a world that includes Earth as a major player and isn't set in some bizarre corner of a distant galaxy. It's relatable.
I think it's pretty grounded in what our early space exploration could be like as well, and I appreciate a sci-fi show where space travel is actually hell on the human body.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The belter accent really got annoying, though. Jamaican with clipped glottal stops and the Irish speaking th as t.

I was thinking about that as I've been watching. I don't think there is a single "Belter accent" though. Some have a Caribbean thing going on. Some sound distinctly South African (the "th" pronounced "t" isn't just Irish). All have the "main" accent with bits of stuff thrown in. 200+ years in the future, so far away from Earth there is bound to be some linguistic bottle-necking going on. I actually thought it was a good aesthetic choice.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
There isn't just one belter language, unless you count the non-verbal language belters commonly used (I. E. The hand signs, shrugs et cetera).

Everything when it comes to the belt is ad-hoc.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
It amazes me that fans are doing what Syfy should have been doing marketing wise.

Also, about 75% of way done Nemesis Games and holy f***.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
SyFy is a joke. Hopefully Amazon puts a lot more effort into promoting the show, but otherwise leaves the creators alone to do their thing.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Amos and Avasarala are the two most quotable characters in the show.

"Like a f***ing pharaoh"

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
So if it does indeed turn out that their committing to Cibola Burn (I hope they are), then here are some of my hopes for the casting:

Havelock - Bring back Jay Hernendez, obviously

Elvi - Genevieve Nnaji (Elvi is one of my favorite characters in the books, I love every time she kills a small animal and says "For Science!")

Murtry - Adam Nagaitis, though I think Adam could make an equally good Marco. He has that charisma and all inspiring douchebagness that could make him a fit for either role.

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Wes Chatham confirmed that Murtry is indeed in season 4. He said the actor is a very talented one.

Also, filming has has started on season 4.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
So the Expanse team has wrapped production on S4 and they recently had their S4 wrap party at the CN tower.

At said party was Burn Gorman
50794622_2502477116491734_1505783549356146688_n.jpg

Speculation is, is that he is Murtry.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I don't think Burn Gorman has ever played a true hero character. He's always either been an egotistical ass hole or a straight up villanous ass hole.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Look like we also got Elvie's actor confirmed today.

There's also this guy as well, though he didn't say who he'll be playing.

My guess is he'll be playing either Fayez or Havlelock. Jay Hernandez is tied up with other stuff, so I'm presuming they have re-casted him or cut him all together.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
so when is season 4 available to stream?

Filming for S4 wrapped up in late January. Their trying to get it to Prime by the end of the year, but with filming having completed so recently there's a chance we may not see it until 2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad