The evolution of our defense

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Nice jinx thread, lol

Im sure pb1300 is the only one at a baseball game that say no-hitter, when the pitcher is pitching one deep into the game :shakehead

;) ;) ;) ;)

back on topic;
our defense was pretty bad last night. hope they'll be back on track against calgry tho that is gonna be a reeeeeally tough game.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Im sure pb1300 is the only one at a baseball game that say no-hitter, when the pitcher is pitching one deep into the game :shakehead

;) ;) ;) ;)

back on topic;
our defense was pretty bad last night. hope they'll be back on track against calgry tho that is gonna be a reeeeeally tough game.

One bad game here and there is expected. I'm not too worried.

theq

Feb 13, 2012
Kulikov - Ekblad
Matheson - McCoshen
Gudbranson - Weegar
Petrovic

Pretty solid future defense.

Weegar needs maybe 1-2 years at least saw him a couple time this year...seems having a bit hard time adjusting to guys strenght and speedééé scratch seveal game... currently playing has a 7th def with SA

Petro and Racine are a head of him this year with the more mature physical game and speed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i think McCoshen-Weegar would make a future 3rd pairing. but i wouldnt be surprised to see mccoshen used as trade bait at some point. matheson, ekblad, and kulikov will all be top-4 D, leaving room for 1 more.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i think McCoshen-Weegar would make a future 3rd pairing. but i wouldnt be surprised to see mccoshen used as trade bait at some point. matheson, ekblad, and kulikov will all be top-4 D, leaving room for 1 more.

gudbranson should slot in nicely on the 2nd pairing, providing solid shut down physical defense. would be really sweet if matheson tops out as a top pairing defenseman

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i'm not super excited bout us picking a 3rd pairing guy with the 3rd pick :shakehead

Luke schenn went 5th, and barker went 3rd. I'm sure once he's fully developed he'll make a big strong defensive D thats a leader in the locker room, 2nd pairing/4th D kinda guy. but it is what it is, annoying to see sometimes where the guys are selected but eventually you gotta realize what they are and what they offer and don't pay too much attention to where they were picked anymore.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Luke schenn went 5th, and barker went 3rd. I'm sure once he's fully developed he'll make a big strong defensive D thats a leader in the locker room, 2nd pairing/4th D kinda guy. but it is what it is, annoying to see sometimes where the guys are selected but eventually you gotta realize what they are and what they offer and don't pay too much attention to where they were picked anymore.

Apart from Huberdeau ;)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Huberdeau showed he can be more than what he is right now. Gudbranson never showed that. Gud is playing as well as he's ever played.

Gudbranson has been very good this year. He should be a good number 3 or 4 defenseman for this team in the future.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Defensively he is very good but he needs to be taken off the powerplay

he has a heavy shot and has been hitting a few posts so far.
i acually think he could do good on the pp in a few years, not now, no. he's missing the net and we lose possession which is awful considering how hard it is for us to just set up a pp..

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
he has a heavy shot and has been hitting a few posts so far.
i acually think he could do good on the pp in a few years, not now, no. he's missing the net and we lose possession which is awful considering how hard it is for us to just set up a pp..

I agree completely. If he works on that he will be fine but right now Dylan Olsen has the edge on the PP IMO

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I agree completely. If he works on that he will be fine but right now Dylan Olsen has the edge on the PP IMO

yepp. in a couple of years i'm not sure he'll even fit on the pp. kulikov, ekblad, matheson will probably rank higher than him and we'll probably have another good veteran defenseman after campbell is gone that could possibly also out rank him, or if we acually get a soild sniper who can shoot from the point. that last part don't seems very likely tho ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad