The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No, because Bielsa clearly refuses to play him in the league. If he’s only going to play in the league cup he could have just stayed with us.

Bolded is simply not true.

He is very clearly in the Leeds plans for the league. He has gotten time in 2 League games since being loaned out and has been impressive the whole time. He is still new and adjusting plus Leeds are a good team and have some depth.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Steve Dale better have bodyguards especially after such a stupid post liquidation comment like that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
God that's horrible. If a proper owner steps up I suppose you can always just re-start the club not so dissimilar to the Cleveland Browns. I'm not sure if that's how it works or not but I hope it can go that way

I think they would have to restart and get promoted all the way up but I may be wrong.

Different circumstances but look into AFC Wimbledon. They went through a process of having to get promoted from Non-League all the way back up.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
You'd also have to get promoted all the way up without any of the players you used to have, no academy, no stadium, etc.

Granted a rabid base of support should let you cruise from non-league into league pretty quickly since you'd have resources other teams couldn't match (even a couple k season ticket holders would give you a massive financial advantage at low tiers)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Granted a rabid base of support should let you cruise from non-league into league pretty quickly since you'd have resources other teams couldn't match (even a couple k season ticket holders would give you a massive financial advantage at low tiers)

Oh yeah they would be fine in that regard. Plus the history of the city and team would be more of a pull to get the best players at each division.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
Bury aren't that big a club. Won promotion last season, and their average gates would only have placed fourth in the league below. It's more likely you see them struggle up the pyramid like Darlington.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think they would have to restart and get promoted all the way up but I may be wrong.

Different circumstances but look into AFC Wimbledon. They went through a process of having to get promoted from Non-League all the way back up.

Probably the North West Counties League, even Bury is too big of a club to start any lower than that.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Bolded is simply not true.

He is very clearly in the Leeds plans for the league. He has gotten time in 2 League games since being loaned out and has been impressive the whole time. He is still new and adjusting plus Leeds are a good team and have some depth.

Guess what? Nketiah didn't start today either. Would be surprised if he starts 10 games this season. What a waste. Should have send him to a midtable team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Guess what? Nketiah didn't start today either. Would be surprised if he starts 10 games this season. What a waste. Should have send him to a midtable team.

He is still getting minutes and yes he will start more then 10 games, don't be ridiculous. He has not been at the club for a month yet, he was never going to come in and start right away. Be patient!

Should not have sent him to a mid table side, Leeds plays good football. He is playing a style of football that is more similar to what he will find with Arsenal and when he is on he is going to get service. Great spot for him to go on loan.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
He is still getting minutes and yes he will start more then 10 games, don't be ridiculous. He has not been at the club for a month yet, he was never going to come in and start right away. Be patient!

Should not have sent him to a mid table side, Leeds plays good football. He is playing a style of football that is more similar to what he will find with Arsenal and when he is on he is going to get service. Great spot for him to go on loan.

I really hope you're right, but i am just not sure about it. It has been six games now and he's yet to start a game. If they truly believed in him they would have give him a start by now.

There are other teams that plays good football in the Championship too. Swansea would have been a good side to send him.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Swansea is not mid-table level side. They will be battling for automatic promotion all year as well

Yeah i know, but they do not have the same quality on their strikers like Leeds. He would automatically be a starter there i think. Sure Baston looking good, but i think Nketiah has way more potential.

But if not Swansea there are other sides that plays good football. Championship isn't what it used to be. They play good technical football in that league nowadays.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Swansea is not mid-table level side. They will be battling for automatic promotion all year as well

Beat Leeds today at Elland Road in a last minute winner, looking good to start the season with a young manager who's experience prior to Swansea was coaching the Liverpool academy and winning the U17 World Cup with England

Stoke and Huddersfield continue their woeful starts, still without a win and Stoke conceded twice in the later stages of the second half to lose in Birmingham while Huddersfield lost to newly promoted Luton (think Huddersfield could be in deep trouble). Derby also off to a slow start under Cocu, only 6 points from 6 and conceding a ton of goals. Swansea, Charlton and WBA still unbeaten, Charlton the definite early surprise package

In League One, Bolton were saved but hammered by Gillingham

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah i know, but they do not have the same quality on their strikers like Leeds. He would automatically be a starter there i think.

Baston is quality . Plus they have a new manager and system so its an adjustment for everyone. Makes sense to send Eddie to Leeds which have established all they need to and are just gunning for promotion.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Stoke and Huddersfield continue their woeful starts, still without a win and Stoke conceded twice in the later stages of the second half to lose in Birmingham while Huddersfield lost to newly promoted Luton (think Huddersfield could be in deep trouble). Derby also off to a slow start under Cocu, only 6 points from 6 and conceding a ton of goals. Swansea, Charlton and WBA still unbeaten, Charlton the definite early surprise package

It's honestly sad to see Stoke where they are at the moment. Obviously its still so early but 1 point through 6 is abysmal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad